Map detail view only after launching first satelite

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Wubinator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Map detail view only after launching first satelite

Post by Wubinator »

I think it is currently rather weird that you can zoom into a detail view of the world from your map right at the start of the game. What device is enabling this detailed view?
The radar gives the basic view so that is explained.

That got me wondering if it wouldn't be more logical that the zoom to detail view is only possible after at least 1 satelite is in orbit. That way it is the satelite that gives the detailed view.

Just my 2 cents

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Map detail view only after launching first satelite

Post by Zeblote »

It might be unrealistic but it's extremely useful to be able to look at all your base quickly, so it got to stay.

OdinYggd
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OdinYggd »

Detail view?

Right now you can only zoom in further than the abstracted map view in areas that the player has line of sight on or are illuminated by a radar.

It would be nice if launching the satellite made the entire explored region of the map visible- effectively disable fog of war at that point.
In my mind, Steam is the eternal king of the railway.

Wubinator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wubinator »

OdinYggd wrote:Detail view?

Right now you can only zoom in further than the abstracted map view in areas that the player has line of sight on or are illuminated by a radar.

It would be nice if launching the satellite made the entire explored region of the map visible- effectively disable fog of war at that point.
I like that idea as well, maybe even more.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

OdinYggd wrote:It would be nice if launching the satellite made the entire explored region of the map visible- effectively disable fog of war at that point.
That would be a five line mod, not counting "end" lines. Post in the mod requests forum, someone will probably write it.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”