[0.12.x][0.12.4]Bob's Mining mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][0.12.4]Bob's Mining mod

Post by bobingabout »

You're right in that the number of modules for the high end machines does get a little... over the top, especially when combined with my improved modules, especially if you use GOD modules.

Perhaps the quantity of modules on a machine is something that could be variable. Some people love the 6 modules in MK5 factories, others would rather keep it at a maximum of 3, like yourself.

Since 0.15 brings easier configuration of mods, Adding other options like "Module count increase" might be a reasonable idea.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Well personally I do like the numerous module slots in crafting machines (though they're probably still a little overpowered), it's just with the pumpjacks it takes overpowered to a new level.

A compromise might be to make modules more expensive, if each required 2 or more of the previous tier it would be less of a no brainer. As it is I had a 1-2-3 chain for T1-3 Efficiency Modules, plonked a chest down with one slot, went back 5 mins later and there were 100 of them. Went back in another 5 mins and there were another 100.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

ltstgaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ltstgaming »

Help !

I am getting an error message
" Error in assignID, item with name 'bob-area-mining-drill-1' does not exist "

I have tried everything, installing again, uninstalling, deleting files and folders.

Please can someone assist me ? Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Can you tell me what your combination of mods is?
I also have a Patreon.

ltstgaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ltstgaming »

don't know alle of them but it is alle the bob's mods and a few littel mods

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Well, without a list of what you have, I can't really say if you're doing something wrong or not. But if you have all my mods installed, then the listed item SHOULD exist.

It's from bobmining.

My recommendation. Remove all the mods from your mods folder, and add them back in one by one, starting the game each time, Obviously starting with critical mods first like the Library. There's a good chance that one of those "Small mods" could be breaking things, but also a chance something is wrong with my mods.

Either way, I'd need to know more about the situation in which is breaks so I can fix it.
I also have a Patreon.

Silent Darkness
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Silent Darkness »

bobingabout wrote:Well, without a list of what you have, I can't really say if you're doing something wrong or not. But if you have all my mods installed, then the listed item SHOULD exist.

It's from bobmining.

My recommendation. Remove all the mods from your mods folder, and add them back in one by one, starting the game each time, Obviously starting with critical mods first like the Library. There's a good chance that one of those "Small mods" could be breaking things, but also a chance something is wrong with my mods.

Either way, I'd need to know more about the situation in which is breaks so I can fix it.
I found that the Mini Machines mod breaks it.

Return to “Bob's mods”