[MOD 0.15.x] Minimap autohide

Topics and discussion about specific mods
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[MOD 0.15.x] Minimap autohide

Post by daniel34 »

Details Description
This mod automatically hides the minimap whenever you select (mouse-over) a logistics chest. This gives you more space on the sidebar to see more items in the logistics network. As soon as you move the mouse away the minimap is displayed again. By default this is only enabled for logistic chests, but in the config.lua file you can also enable it for trains, cargo wagons and roboports.
Video
Additionally this mod adds new hotkeys to permanently enable/disable the view of other elements:
  • CONTROL + M (Map) toggles the display of the minimap on the sidebar
  • CONTROL + T (Technology) toggles the display of the research progress at the top left, useful if there is nothing else to research
  • CONTROL + B (ToolBar) toggles the display of the toolbar on the bottom and the armor/ammo bar on the bottom right
  • CONTROL + N (Notifications) toggles the display of alerts to the right of the toolbar (items missing for construction, entities being damaged, ...)
All these hotkeys can be enabled/disabled in the config.lua and can be changed in Options --> Controls --> Mods.

Mod support
This mod is programmed to work with any mod that adds new logistic chests, trains, cargo wagons and roboports. It was tested with Bob's, DyTech and 5dim.

Multiplayer
The mod is multiplayer compatible and was tested on several maps using 2 players.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Axios
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Minimap autohide

Post by Axios »

Hi,

this mod disable Steam achievements?

I suppose yes....

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Axios wrote:Hi,

I suppose yes....
Yes it will, there's no way around that with mods.

Axios
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Axios »

daniel34 wrote:
Axios wrote:Hi,

I suppose yes....
Yes it will, there's no way around that with mods.
Thanks for the reply.

Hoping that 0.15 will bring a better UI for logistic network...

DukeAl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DukeAl »

Hi,
i posted a suggestion on the mod portal before i saw your thread here.
My suggestion was to add an option to hide the ui elements when the main map is opened.
And great mod.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Thanks a lot, this should become a feature of the base UI.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

DukeAl wrote:Hi,
i posted a suggestion on the mod portal before i saw your thread here.
My suggestion was to add an option to hide the ui elements when the main map is opened.
And great mod.
That is a good suggestion especially for players with low screen resolutions. While mods are unable to tell when/if the map is opened I think I've found a workaround that should be able to do what you suggested.

It might take a few days as I'm back at work since today and we're quite busy right now, but it'll probably be in the next release if I manage to implement it as planned.
Optera wrote:Thanks a lot, this should become a feature of the base UI.
Thanks. I hope the devs implement a logistic network overview in 0.15, but even then it might be useful for the occasional quick glance at the logistics network. Besides, when playing lower than 1920x1080 it might also help for other entities.

I've also considered removing the explanation texts on some entities, e.g. Locomotive: Runs automated schedules and pulls... which uses four lines of text on the sidebar although we all know how to enter a train.

Malachite
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Malachite »

Using Ctrl-B to hide the ammo/toolbar also seems to hide the cursor inventory as well.

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

Hello daniel34 are you planing to update it for 0.15? Changing the version does not help, the mod will load just fine but does not wok... something was changed.

Thank you
Pavel

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

madpav3l wrote:Hello daniel34 are you planing to update it for 0.15? Changing the version does not help, the mod will load just fine but does not wok... something was changed.

Thank you
Pavel
I intend to update it for 0.15, should be done in the next few days. This will also improve performance and hopefully fix a rare multiplayer bug, thanks to the 0.15 API. Using the new mod settings interface is also planned.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

Are you still planning on releasing an update? v0.9.1 still doesn't work with v0.15.

Alternatively, could you please tell us what to change to get it to work in v0.15? Simply changing the version number doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance!

evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evildogbot100 »

Is this mod still updated? I done some tinkering and cleaning up code then it works, if you give me permission I will post it.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

@evildogbot100
Could you please post it here? I would like to try it because I never use the mini-map anyway.

evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evildogbot100 »

Here you go
Attachments
minimap-autohide_0.9.1.zip
(3.56 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Yessssssss, it works now!

Thanks for supplying the update.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Dammit. Just discovered this, and can't use it.

Nope, not downloading. Portal or bust.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

I have posted the update made by evildogbot100 on the portal, thanks for the update btw, nice job. It is now up to version 0.9.2.

I've tested it for a short period and it's working even better than in 0.14 because of fixed bugs, I might also make a 1.0.0 release after changing a few things, e.g. having the config in game dialogs instead of the config.lua.

Killcreek2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Minimap autohide

Post by Killcreek2 »

Found a bug with this latest version:

With mod enabled, if you have any structure popup window open [eg; combinator settings] and have moved it away from centre of screen, when you mouse-over any other structure the window will jump to the centre of the screen every time.

Disabling this mod results in normal behaviour [popup windows stay where they were moved to].
"Functional simplicity, structural complexity." ~ Appleseed

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Killcreek2 wrote:Found a bug with this latest version:

With mod enabled, if you have any structure popup window open [eg; combinator settings] and have moved it away from centre of screen, when you mouse-over any other structure the window will jump to the centre of the screen every time.

Disabling this mod results in normal behaviour [popup windows stay where they were moved to].
Thanks for the report, but this is a GUI limitation in Factorio:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40692&p=240555#p240592
Rseding91 wrote:When some state about the GUI is changed it's destroyed and rebuilt using the known information from the game state so the main GUI is re-created but the state it was in and any popup GUIs are lost.
Let's hope that the GUI rewrite in 0.17 will fix these issues. (Although, if they rewrite it properly this mod will be obsolete anyway.)

It is possible to check if a window is open (and which structure/entity it belongs to) and then disable the minimap hide functionality while it is open, but I think that would limit the usefulness of this mod. I might add it as a config option at some point.

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vangrunz »

Hello,

first of all, thanks for this great mod! But it crashes the game if you hide your toolbar and trying to deconstruct items from a blueprint in your toolbar with construction robots. Other hidings are not affected. The current Factorio version is v0.15.40 stable.

Anyway, what do I have to do to post in the "Discussion" section on mods.factorio.com? I've tried to post a bug report there, but it said "FORBIDDEN" to me.

Merry X-Mas,

vangrunz

Return to “Mods”