(0.15.10) MoWeather 0.4.0

Some mods covering weather, texture packs, transport, wind-turbine, reactor, interesting weapons and defense.

Moderator: ludsoe

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: (0.12.35) MoWeather 0.3.074

Post by Bizobinator »

Are there plans to update this mod for 0.13.1? I must say, I do enjoy it.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: (0.12.35) MoWeather 0.3.074

Post by ludsoe »

I'm currently porting all the Mo-mods so they run in 0.13.
However MoWeather is taking some extra time/work to port over due to changes in the lua api, and upgrades so each surface can have its own separate weather events going on.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: (0.13.4) MoWeather 0.3.75

Post by Berkys32 »

If i download this mod in-game, it downloads version 3.9. Then if I check for updates, it selects MoWeather as old-dated and then downgrades to 3.75.
After that i can download MoWeather in-game again, but than Ill get double-mod error - both versions are in mods folder...

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Appears factorio disagreed with my version formatting.
Re-versioned it in a way the game should understand now.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Compatible with Factorissimo?

Also: is it possible to make a config option to reduce the time between each weather event, and increase/reduce the length of each event?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

i love this mod. thank you for making it.

does this mod still work for 0.14.*?

Sky_Orc_Mm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sky_Orc_Mm »

Head server Incompatible?
I keep getting sync errors.

RhymLV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RhymLV »

After I uninstalled this mod the clock and day cycle froze on my save. How can I fix this issue?

Xinef
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xinef »

I noticed that using MoWeather and DayNightExtender at the same time results in a small issue - when the weather is cloudy, the player's torchlight flickers on and off about twice per second, which is slightly annoying.

But seeing that MoWeather is also able to control the length of day/night (which wasn't obvious from the mod description), I guess it can replace DayNightExtender's functionality altogether, so there's no need to use both mods at the same time.

Anyway, maybe DayNightExtender should be listed as incompatible with MoWeather?

EDIT:
I think MoWeather also interacts strangely with Black Market, since automatic trade is supposed to happen at full hours, yet from my observations it often does not happen when expected, and I think I've noticed a few times it happening during thunder strikes.

greggo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by greggo »

i've been using moweather for a while and i like it, but if i toggle it off, my game time no longer advances. i'm using evoGUI for the game time. any solutions?

Xinef
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xinef »

greggo wrote:i've been using moweather for a while and i like it, but if i toggle it off, my game time no longer advances. i'm using evoGUI for the game time. any solutions?
Try installing the DayNightExtender mod, running the game once (open the save, see if the time progresses, and if so, save again), then remove/disable DayNightExtender*. It fixed the problem for me.

*I don't recommend having both MoWeather and DayNightExtender on at the same time.

greggo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by greggo »

Xinef wrote:
greggo wrote:i've been using moweather for a while and i like it, but if i toggle it off, my game time no longer advances. i'm using evoGUI for the game time. any solutions?
Try installing the DayNightExtender mod, running the game once (open the save, see if the time progresses, and if so, save again), then remove/disable DayNightExtender*. It fixed the problem for me.

*I don't recommend having both MoWeather and DayNightExtender on at the same time.
this seems to have fixed it, thanks a bunch! i might keep DNE enabled since i want longer daytime, just not eternal daytime :D

Lennartos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lennartos »

Just for info, MoWeather causes desync as soon as weather isn't clear sky anymore.
Im assuming that the weather isnt the same for all players - since i love the mod in SP i really would like to keep it in my MP game as well :)

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

any chance of a 0.15 update?

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

There is a likely chance Ill update most my mods for 0.15

However I'm a bit out of the loop, and some minor overhauls and what not have to be done before I can release any updates. Thanks for the patience though.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

I still don't have a stable release because development has been slow.

However I have the latest test build up on my mediafire. (Version 0.3.93)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ea8jnu81y ... eather.zip
Be warned as I haven't fully tested moweather yet, however it this build should work.
If you use it please report any issues.

Sorry for the slow development guys. (I'm currently fixing and testing all my mods, while also learning vanilla's balance again.)

Changes: (Mostly behind the lines code changes.)
Re-coded MoLogicCores data saving solution. --This took more time then it should of honestly.
Removed the bit of code that disabled time of day freeze. --This might cause some wonky-ness but Im unsure.
Some other stuff I cant think off the top of my head maybe.

Faark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Faark »

Seems like you fixed the bad weather god in scripts\weathers.lua\SetWeather(...) ! :D
But the other chance values seem unchanged, thus now it's sunny pretty much all the time. In general i'd like a more realistic weather state machine as well as more realistic sun light. Are improvements coming in the near future? If not i'll probably try an idea or two myself based on your code.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

What do you mean, by more realistic sunlight and weather state machine?

As for improvements, Ill be implementing the ability to customize weather via the mod configuration menu built into the game. (Will include several presets. Alongside standard settings.)
And Hopefully Ill be able to get a stable release out by this weekend.

Faark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Faark »

I really dislike the "flat line" style of solar energy production graphs this game/mod produces. Don't know how feasible sth different might be, if all we can do is change the base games daytime, though. Or might it actually possible to set light to a specific percentage?

There could be seasons. Solar energy in summer is drastically different from winter. Length of the day seems not that hard to calculate, the math could be taken from something like this. But latitude is probably a way more dominant factor, especially as that example is quite far north. I haven't found a lot "inspiration sources" for that so far, the best probably being this.

As for weather, I'd probably go with a two level system to combat the flat lines. It might be a rainy day, but the sun can shine throu shortly anyway. And a somewhat sunny day might still got a few clouds. With a few more variation than the current 5 settings and/or a bit randomization/interpolation between them I'd hopefully be satisfied. Algorithmically i'll probably expand on sth like this instead of the simpler list of probabilities with durations. Fine-tuning those to achieve specific averages is even harder, though.

It would guessing my energy output kinda difficult, though. Also makes me thing about ways to provide a weather forecast :D

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

So you would like seasons, that effect day length? Hm that sounds like something Id like implement. (Not something I can do for this upcoming release though sadly.)
The weather systems are also something I should look into later. There's some improvements that can be done.

Also if you edit the mod, feel free to send me a copy of any changes you do. I'm quite open to improving the mod. (You'll get credit for anything I used.)

Return to “MoMods”