If it's not a feature - it's maybe a Bug ?

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: If it's not a feature - it's maybe a Bug ?

Post by Yinan »

Frankly, I would suggest to just remove it all together or turn it down a lot because the bonus to production really is pretty huge.

Another possible bug (I'm not sure if bug or intended):
You can use the Plasma Ammo (the once used for the Plasma Turret) with your laser gun. You even shoot out the same green orbs.
Problem is, that it doesn't make any damage. At least I wasn't able to harm any biters with that, much less kill them while the Plasma Turret decimates them.
Either the laser gun shouldn't work with that ammo to begin with or there is something wrong with the damage...

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

As long as the productivity is restricted its not a huge problem, but works of course also on vanilla-stuff like cable and research. It's a nice cheat, and for mining i'am okay with it, because you can always improve productivity or go with beacons to insane speed. The + productivity-chain goes only in one-direction, there is no profit-cycle in ore->unicomp->product->unicomp->ore.
But i know the need for vanilla-ressources is low, if you use this mod. Something i need clearly to change, so you need to think about optimization.

The interchange of the ammo is intended, so acts more as an energy-cell for energy-weapons. Possible remove the Laser-Gun-Ammo and make all Plasma based. I think the OP-Minigun is a much better fighting solution. I will check the damage.

Trescan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Trescan »

Missing the recipe for techanic sign

Some patches ago, the recipe for the techanic sign (the red one) was removed. Up to 0.4.62 u could trade them for reputation. This was removed, too.
For all the other signs (science(blue), nature(green) and trade (yellow)) are buildings, who produce them over time. But there is no building for techanic signs.
U need the techanic signs for some modules (the new techanic), for many mastercrafted buildings, some normal buildings and the armor. The best armor needs 25k of them.
U get some as minor product. But they would never ever meet the demand and I don't see any way to recylce the product to get more of the minor product.
So are we missing the recipe for the techanic sign or is it intended to not see much of the products using this sign?

Kind regards
Trescan

P.S. Installed mods: Yuoki Industries 0.4.63
Yuoki Industries - Engines 0.4.20

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

There are so many reciepes that give Tehcanic Sign as a byproduct, I don't really think that an extra reciep just for Techanic Signs is needed.
At least I always get a lot of them.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Trescan wrote:Missing the recipe for techanic sign
Some patches ago, the recipe for the techanic sign (the red one) was removed. Up to 0.4.62 u could trade them for reputation. This was removed, too.
For all the other signs (science(blue), nature(green) and trade (yellow)) are buildings, who produce them over time. But there is no building for techanic signs.
U need the techanic signs for some modules (the new techanic), for many mastercrafted buildings, some normal buildings and the armor. The best armor needs 25k of them.
U get some as minor product. But they would never ever meet the demand and I don't see any way to recylce the product to get more of the minor product.
So are we missing the recipe for the techanic sign or is it intended to not see much of the products using this sign?
it's intended to slow it a little down and give better balance. you need to think about how you want to spend the first signs. the current best armor needs 25K yes, but also other special end-game armor will follow. this armor is also a reward for long and intense gameplay and show this if you have one. it's nothing wrong with the other armors - they all give you some sort of OP :)

Lorico
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lorico »

Hey Youki,

is it possible that the rescipe for standart ammo has an error as you ned 5 bullet cases but only get one standart ammo and all other ammo types give 5 of these and a trader sign.
Also could it be that the standart energy charges from PFW and the weapon energy cartiges are the same as I am not able to finde a rescipe for the standart energy charges.

Kind regards
Lorico

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Youki,

kann es sein, dass das Rezept für die Hohlspitzmunition einen Fehler aufweißt, da man für 5 Geschossmantel nur einen Gürtel mit Hohlspitzmunition bekommt, bei den anderen Munitionstypen jedoch 5 des jeweiligen Types plus ein Trader Sign.
Weiterhin kann ich die Standartladung für Energiewaffen aud PFW nicht finden, es exestiert jedoch ein Rezept für Wapon Energy Cartriges in Youki Energy welche gemeint sein könnten.

Viele Grüße
Lorico

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

yes, it's a bug (ammo-recipe), should be fixed in next version.

YI-PFW is stopped atm. Useful Things are moved into YI-Core and YI-Engines (Armor, Energy-Weapon-Cartridge, some Trade-Recipes, Trade-Nodes)
If you still have YI-PFW installed, some things are broken, some appear double. Use the items from YI-Core/YI-Engines instead.

YI-PFW only if you want experiment and not to worry about some broken recipes.

Arktim
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arktim »

Hi Yuoki,

great mod btw :) was so hard to play without it :)
i discovered in a missalignment by your power poles and miners... the working area looks fine, but the shown overlay seems to be missplaced.
at the time the picture was taken, yuoki core was the only active mod.

--Greetings

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

:) - you are part of the first 120 downloaders.

todays version 0.5.66 fix this and change some other stuff too.

schibz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by schibz »

hi I have a problem with ms turbine.I am using master crafted ms turbine for my power generation.Fluid consumption looks weird.I don't know the ratio but according to my tests I am using 1 yuoki boiler to 2 ms turbine.They are at max performance but fluid consumption is like 70/42.Is this a visual bug.

Currently I am using last version of yuoki's mod's and 0.15.10 in game.Thanks for the awesome mod.Have a good night.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

The consumption depends on temperature this Turbine (165°C) expect.
But you deliver 250°C or 270°C from Standard or MC-Boiler ...

I don't know the new internal calculations but, vanilla boilers and steam-engines (165°) are matched and heat-exchangers and turbines (500°C).
but i dislike these strict relations. the calculation and info is based on these relative "fixed" values i guess.

there is also another part totally excluded in vanilla - because in the past it was a option to change the turbine-efficency (lower or raise the consumption hidden in fluid-taken/second).
it was very effective to fine-tune and give things charakter.
vanilla all is 1 ... yuoki between 0.88 (generators) - 1.35 (rensuir, mc)

i will looking for a better solution to streamline the values.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

The patch notes for 0.15.11 had this
Fixed generator power output was always based on heat capacity and default temperature of water. (45652)
Does this not imply that you can now set other values in mods? Meaning that you should be able to get your generators working back how you like?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Ratzap wrote:The patch notes for 0.15.11 had this
Fixed generator power output was always based on heat capacity and default temperature of water. (45652)
Does this not imply that you can now set other values in mods? Meaning that you should be able to get your generators working back how you like?
I haven't look deeper in this now. But i will and use possible new options.

Eule_69
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eule_69 »

Hi Yuoki,

i use your mod with Angels and Bobs mods.
Some of Angels recipes require Steam now.
I'd like to produce that at a central point, barrel it and distribute from there.

What i found is that i can only barrel your steam. For vanilla steam, there's no recipe.
So my Q is, does your mod overwrite the recipe or is it impossible to barrel vanilla steam at all?

I use angels barreling pump, not vanilla or Bob's (--> assembling machine).

Posted that similar on Angels Bug page: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=25468&start=1200

Thanks in advance and Viele Grüße aus München :-)

EDIT: The forum is faster than i can write; received the answer already: steam cannot be barreled in vanilla. Have to use another mod.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

no problem, any question, suggestion, hint is welcome :)

Viele Grüße aus Dresden :)

GATOCHOCOLATE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GATOCHOCOLATE »

hi im new in these forum and my english it's so bad. Im posting these because when i was playin factorio whit yuoki mods i saw a wierd texture when i was in night vision mode. i dont know if u will untherstand me.
Attachments
yuoki texture error.png
yuoki texture error.png (2.72 MiB) Viewed 8039 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

interesting ...
do you see this texture on all other locomotives at night too ?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Drive it away from uranium patch and then check.
It might be the glow shader of uranium being applied over locomotive.

GATOCHOCOLATE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GATOCHOCOLATE »

that inserters are over the train i dont know if that is a bug or something
Attachments
yuoki.png
yuoki.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 7978 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i'am not sure if the render-priority is changed, i will check this.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”