20k sells

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

20k sells

Post by Tardan »

Gratulation for selling 20000 times factory!
Attachments
goodjob.jpg
goodjob.jpg (18.54 KiB) Viewed 7472 times

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 20k sells

Post by undeadnightorc »

Wow, they were at around 14k sold about 5 days ago. Looks like they're selling 1000+ a day. And this is just the beginning.. word is spreading!

Aarkreinsil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Aarkreinsil »

It's happeniiing :?
Hopefully there won't be too much of a problem with Paypal or the site being overloaded, etc.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

With the new trailer people that were complaining about the graphics have been shut up and now "lets play's" are looking better than ever. When people play this game they will get addicted to it like people got addicted to simcity the first time they played it. I wouldn't be surprised if Factorio was the start to a new genre of game :D

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

By the way: Where can you see the sales? Haven't seen a number so far.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

It's right there on the front page. I guess It's easy to miss :)

"So far 20723 people have bought the game.". But it will probably be more in a while. look for yourself :)

Ric
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ric »

Congrats to the devs! Just found this game recently & I'm utterly addicted. I may actually have a problem.......which is my fulltime job getting in my way so I can't play even more Factorio! :P

I've already persuaded an additional 3 folk to buy this & will keep telling people about it as it deserves so much attention. :D
"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it's half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

sillyfly wrote:It's right there on the front page. I guess It's easy to miss :)

"So far 20723 people have bought the game.". But it will probably be more in a while. look for yourself :)
Oh man... I looked around for a solid 5 minutes, checked other pages, until i used the search function. It's hidden pretty well :D
Thanks for the info!

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Thank you everyone. Since the trailer went out the things have been kind of crazy. We did expect sort of a spike or a "wave" of new people, but the thing is that it hasn't stopped yet since then (which was not expected). There is a lot of new content on the Youtube.

This is a great news indeed. Though it also brings some "problems" :) (much more support to do, taxes and administration issues, way more stuff on the forums, etc.). For me and kovarex there has been recently less time on development due to this :( We are actually considering extending the team a bit to help us cope with all this (and give us back the weekends :)). The 0.10 was originally planned for this Friday, but due to all this we will unfortunately have to postpone it till the end of the month. But it is coming, so stay tuned :)

Kiapha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kiapha »

Gotta love word of mouth advertising eh? Once you get a bunch of people telling their friends, said friends buy the game. Then they tell their friends. Next thing you know, you have a stream of new people who each end of bringing in new people. The trailer seems to have been a good kickstart to the process. :)

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

slpwnd wrote:Thank you everyone. Since the trailer went out the things have been kind of crazy. We did expect sort of a spike or a "wave" of new people, but the thing is that it hasn't stopped yet since then (which was not expected). There is a lot of new content on the Youtube.

This is a great news indeed. Though it also brings some "problems" :) (much more support to do, taxes and administration issues, way more stuff on the forums, etc.). For me and kovarex there has been recently less time on development due to this :( We are actually considering extending the team a bit to help us cope with all this (and give us back the weekends :)). The 0.10 was originally planned for this Friday, but due to all this we will unfortunately have to postpone it till the end of the month. But it is coming, so stay tuned :)
Not to be an entitled prick and yell "I TOLD YOU, GODDAMMIT," but...

I TOLD YOU, GODDAMMIT!

It's already too late to pull the brakes, the game has already gone loose - technically it's as if it got released by itself. I imagine that's not good news for you - the way I see it you wanted a sort of more relaxed environment, only a few testers, easy to approach, easy to communicate with. And those times are over sooner than anticipated. On top of that you've "used up" your only graphics artist at the same time - so as you said, you have to adjust to this new environment, get a good team together, and then resume full-time development.

But yeah, it also means you are now officially successful game developers, you have the money, the fame, a great and loving playerbase, so despite the hard times to overcome you have all the reasons to celebrate.

So congratulations on 20 000 sales and I wish you many more in the future, that's all I wanted to say. May this next chapter of Factorio be at least as good as the last one.

Reduced_Silver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Reduced_Silver »

Well, I must admit, I bought only recently and they were under 10k.

At the moment, as I am a bit sad, I refresh the homepage throughout the day, and really enjoy watching the sales numbers move.

1k a day indeed. I hope this models bacterial growth.

RMJ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RMJ »

How do you know this ? are you a spy? Or is there a counter somewhere i cant see lol.

But congratulations.

he really needs to shape up and get this game on greenlight. Its just stupid not too. Then you are gonna see 100.000 sales very soon. I understand it can be a bit scary, because you can very quickly get a mob of angry people after you. But i have not seen a single bug in this game, its freaking stable. it runs amazing.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

RMJ wrote:How do you know this ? are you a spy? Or is there a counter somewhere i cant see lol.

But congratulations.

he really needs to shape up and get this game on greenlight. Its just stupid not too. Then you are gonna see 100.000 sales very soon. I understand it can be a bit scary, because you can very quickly get a mob of angry people after you. But i have not seen a single bug in this game, its freaking stable. it runs amazing.
I had one crash so far, and that's totally fine with me. There are three different autosaves anyway (thanks for that btw dear devs :) ), so never mind.

I didn't see the counter at first, too. It's imbedded into the text on the homepage ("About the game"), just watch closely and you'll see it. It's easy to miss.

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

RMJ wrote:How do you know this ? are you a spy? Or is there a counter somewhere i cant see lol.

But congratulations.

on the Homepage is a small counter. go www.factorio.com under the trailer in the text block.

RMJ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RMJ »

Ahh haha, its quite well hidden lol. :) well silly me.

Thanks guys.

Yakuzi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yakuzi »

Just bought the game after hours of lost sleep playing the demo. Thanks so much for this awesomeness team F!
And congrats on the sales, 23652 so far!

Bobdafilter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bobdafilter »

I just found out this game existed a few days ago and I already rate it a "minecraft before it was cool".

Also 23998 purchases, ERMAGAWD!

Argelle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Argelle »

And a thousand sales since yesterday (including mine), so I join to congrats you. It's really an enjoyable game, it sucks hours without you to notice :P

elkar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by elkar »

slpwnd wrote:The 0.10 was originally planned for this Friday, but due to all this we will unfortunately have to postpone it till the end of the month. But it is coming, so stay tuned :)
That's quite alright as 0.9.8. is stable enough and provides so many hours of gameplay for new players that you dont need to hurry that much really.

Return to “General discussion”