Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.14] AAI Vehicles: Hauler

Post by Earendel »

vehicle-hauler.png
vehicle-hauler.png (34.43 KiB) Viewed 16835 times

Title: AAI Vehicles: Hauler
Short Description: A high capacity general-purpose hauling vehicle for moving items around. The Hauler was designed for use with AAI Programmable Vehicles mod and can act autonomously if programmed correctly, for example: collecting resources from Miners and delivering it to depots.
Name: aai-vehicles-hauler
Factorio Version: 0.14
Mod State: Beta
Dependencies: Base
Author: Earendel
Downloads: Mod Portal
Licence: See below
hauler.gif
hauler.gif (988.78 KiB) Viewed 16835 times
Long Description
The Hauler is a large fairly fast vehicle with a high storage capacity. It has no weapons, but is ideally suited to moving large quantities of resources around.

The Hauler is designed for AAI Programmable Vehicles which can allow a Hauler to dynamically move to one area to collect resources, then move to another area to drop them off.

Licence
Last edited by Earendel on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DegenerateGrndState
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Vehicles: Hauler

Post by DegenerateGrndState »

How about an upgraded Hauler that teleports back after completing half of a round trip journey? You could call it the Kronos (or Cronus) Hauler.
like the allied chrono-miner from red alert 2

Alessandro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alessandro »

By the emperor:
It appears that the omnissiah has come earlier this year, now I can automate by myself the attack/defense from the enemy.

Kudos for your mod.

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

Hey, maybe you should consider nerfing the storage capacity / size of other vehicles. It seems kind of obsurd how much stuff a car can hold, now that there is a deticated cargo vehicle.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Wildejackson wrote:Hey, maybe you should consider nerfing the storage capacity / size of other vehicles. It seems kind of obsurd how much stuff a car can hold, now that there is a deticated cargo vehicle.
Sure, care to suggest the car's new capacity?

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

Well, now that I consider other players, it may not be the best idea to nerf the car inventory. I wouldn't want players not picking up the hauler mod because they're scared of the balance change or potential migration issues. I may just make the change for my personal use.

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

Hi! I think i just found a bug in the mod (or in one of the blueprints provided at the main mod's forum thread, but i think it's mostly the mod's bug).
In my test map (link below) the hauler (controlled by the 4. official blueprint at the main mod's page) starts going to southwest after picked up items from the miner, and stops after a certain distance.
Here is the map and the mods i use: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArvLKxtjzZnrldgM7qmr_k4gkbQE7A

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Wow that's a lot of mods.

Zerogoki1983
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zerogoki1983 »

Hello, I have run into a possible bug

I have used the exambles you provided to set up e miner to clear out a forrest and a hauler to bring the wood back to base.
The miner works perfectly, but the hauler only follows it and dosn't pick up the wood. If I tranfer the wood manually it return to base and unloads fine

I played around with it abit and after picking both up and placing them back down it seams to work now.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

The hauler example is set to return when coal is above 200. If it's doing wood collection you'd need to change the signals to look for wood. The other possibility is that either a vehicle or structure has dropped off the list of things to process so the scripts are ignoring it's existence. I have not been able to figure out when/where that issue occurs but replacing the vehicle or structure fixes the problem with that structure or vehicle.

Exavier724
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Exavier724 »

Request: Would it be possible to get a Mk2 version of the hauler that can be configured as a Passive Logistics Provider? That way we can load them up at a depot and have them patrol near perimeter locations with replacement supplies without having to set up a full depot at each of them? The drones could just grab what they need as the truck passes.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Hi,

I'm trying to gate the recipe for this glorious vehicle behind the automobilism tech. For this I added a technology.lua to the mod zip with the following:

Code: Select all

table.insert(data.raw["technology"]["automobilism"].effects, {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "vehicle-hauler"})
I also added an entry to data.lua accordingly. The recipe does indeed show up in the automobilism tech node but it's also still available from game start. How can I remove it from being available at game start?

I'm playing on 0.15 and also have
aai-programmable-vehicles_0.3.1
aai-programmable-structures_0.3.1
aai-signals_0.2.1
aai-vehicles-miner_0.2.1
aai-zones_0.2.2
data-raw-prototypes_0.2.1
off-grid-effects_0.2.1
detached-gun-sounds_0.2.1 installed.

Apologies for the noob question. I love your mods – they're epic.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Just need to lock the recipe in data.updates.lua

data.raw["recipe"]['vehicle-hauler"].enabled = false

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Nexela wrote:Just need to lock the recipe in data.updates.lua

data.raw["recipe"]['vehicle-hauler"].enabled = false
Won't that terminate the recipe in my game alltogether? And if not, should I put data-updates.lua into the hauler mod zip or edit the one in aai-programmable-vehicles?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Doesn't matter what mod you put it in. All it does is disable the recipe. Your technology after research will enable the recipe.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Nexela wrote:Doesn't matter what mod you put it in. All it does is disable the recipe. Your technology after research will enable the recipe.
OK, so when I put the data-updates.lua with that line into the hauler zip, this is what I get upon launching the game:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Post the factorio-current.log when that happens (.15.3 should give the actual error). I probably just made a tyupo somewhere]

It looks like I used ' where I should have used "

websterc87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by websterc87 »

hi earendel in the description of the mod on the portal the description appears to be copied from the miner rather than the description of the hauler.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

websterc87 wrote:hi earendel in the description of the mod on the portal the description appears to be copied from the miner rather than the description of the hauler.
Huh, it must have been like that for ages. Thanks for pointing it out.

Oneiros
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Oneiros »

Hi, just wanted to give some feedback on this. It seems a bit OP when used offensively against biter nests. In the early game I used it to ram a nest with 3 spawners. At full speed, a single impact seems to take a spawner down to about half HP. I was easily able to wipe out the spawners and squish all the biters, while the vehicle dropped to around 20% HP. This only cost 1 repair tool to fully repair.

Using the usual early game method of attacking on foot with a sub-machine gun and a shotgun, it would cost a great deal more in ammo to wipe out 3 spawners and all the biters.

I haven't tried this method using the vanilla car, but I do remember that the car seems to get stuck and destroyed a lot more easily when surrounded by biters. The hauler just squishes them all with ease, and moves on.

Knowing this, I would use the hauler every time to wipe out nests in the early game, because it's just way more efficient and fun. It's not ridiculously overpowered, but does seem a bit unbalanced.

Some suggestions would be increasing the repair costs, lowering HP, reducing impact damage, and/or making it get stuck a bit more easily.

Thanks for the mod :) And btw I really love your alien biomes mod, the art style is beautiful. Great work!

Return to “Mods”