[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Yemto
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.3.33

Post by Yemto »

Optera wrote:With a constant combinator set to fake item -20k or so and my inventory sensor you can easily set up inverted filters where they will unload all except those fake items.
I can? I never used the logic network, outside the very basics... probably need to look into it
neetzow wrote:Is an updated version, compatible with 1.14, coming out any time soon?
I simply hate the barrels for no reason at all... love the tanker... bugs and all...

hope you keep updating it (actually, would love seeing it becoming vanilla, but, I know it won`t happen...)
Are you sure? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=678#p4516

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Yemto wrote:So that's why it's happening, then sadly this kills the mod for me, since I have relied on the fact that inserters won't interact with the tankers.
Take a look at https://mods.factorio.com/mods/GotLag/Tank%20Wagon It's basically the same as Railtanker, just without the fake items.
neetzow wrote:Is an updated version, compatible with 1.14, coming out any time soon?
I simply hate the barrels for no reason at all... love the tanker... bugs and all...

hope you keep updating it (actually, would love seeing it becoming vanilla, but, I know it won`t happen...)
It is updated for 0.14: https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads ... _1.4.0.zip

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

It seems I cannot edit the tanker's attributes because they aren't written into the mod but rather copied directly from the source code, specifically from the cargo wagon. I could directly edit my game files to change the cargo wagon and oil tanker at the same time, but I cannot adjust this mod nor write a different mod such that the oil tanker's attributes are changed.

I'm trying to change the hit points, resistances, and movement attributes such as weight. Can you give me some pointers here, or maybe adjust the mod to have these attributes copied into it?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

in either data.lua (with an option dependency on rail tanker mod) or in data-updates.lua or data-final-fixes.lua of your mod

data.raw["cargo-wagon"]["rail-tanker"].what_you_want_to_change = new_value

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Many thanks! I got it working!

Hmm...now I'll have to update my TrainEdit mod to include the rail tanker.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Just a quick "I'm still alive" post. This mod will most likely die with the release of 0.15, since it's becoming vanilla.

I suggest that you unload your railtankers before updating to 0.15 (and maybe even remove the tankers and then the mod). I will update the mod to run with 0.15 so you can probably empty them even after updating, but i doubt i'll bother with automatically changing the mod tanker with the vanilla one (if it's possible at all).

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Choumiko wrote:Just a quick "I'm still alive" post. This mod will most likely die with the release of 0.15, since it's becoming vanilla.

I suggest that you unload your railtankers before updating to 0.15 (and maybe even remove the tankers and then the mod). I will update the mod to run with 0.15 so you can probably empty them even after updating, but i doubt i'll bother with automatically changing the mod tanker with the vanilla one (if it's possible at all).
Thank you so far for this mod.
I guess because of its popularity it goes vanilla now.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

After some preliminary tests with the new fluid wagons I must say I prefer rail tanker.
Fluid wagon content doesnt show in train content, nor do they work with empty/full or inactivity conditions. See also viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44786

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I guess that's just a minor oversight and one addition i expect fairly soon after the release rush has calmed down a bit.

And i updated Railtanker for 0.15, haven't done any testing though.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Choumiko wrote:I guess that's just a minor oversight and one addition i expect fairly soon after the release rush has calmed down a bit.

And i updated Railtanker for 0.15, haven't done any testing though.
It works so far, fake item update seems a bit glitched. It jumps from 0 to 2.5k basically without any in between values. Same during unloading.

Cobrikhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Post by Cobrikhan »

There are a few logistic issues with the new tankers that need to be worked out in .15 but I guess that's why it's experimental branch. I will say the ability to link and unlink the 3 tanks that make up a wagon was a nice touch.

RIP Rail Tanker, you have served us faithfully and your legacy shall carry on.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Thank you, m8, for this great mod.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Seems like the new pumps switch to wagon loading mode when they are facing tracks.
In that mode they don't connect to rail-tanker anymore.

akiraic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by akiraic »

Just installed. Loved the design.
But.. just 2.5k capacity? the default fluid car in the 0.15 has 75k capacity.. any chance to add a second car recipe there? One with more capacity? 2.5k is just.. unusable low for me :s
I need 3 trains with 5x75k fluid cars each, meaning 375k (load+unload) of fluid exchange ;) every few minutes/cycle.. you can imagine how 2.5k sounds close to that. And I literally have no more space ANYWHERE to manage more cars, i planned those stations for a week, can't change them again :s

I could simply change the design of the vanilla one, but i wanted to have a sorted looking train, with several different styles.

Anyway, anyway.

Thanks in advance.

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

I used to use this pre .15, any chance it will get revived to un-fuck the horrible nerfs of 16.8?

Return to “Mods”