[MOD 0.13] Black Market (sell and buy on the market)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: MK2

Post by Smoovious »

binbinhfr wrote:
Smoovious wrote:The sizes... higher inventory capacity...
I don't know of any other differences.
Yes, I confirm that the sizes are changing (chest inventory size, tank size, accu energy size). Nothing else.

And so we found out this window orientation conflict ! Nice to know that it's not a problem coming from my mod, because I had no idea how to solve it ;-)
Well, I can't quite confirm that yet... I still have to get some other research out of the way before I research your mod in my new game. :)

I should be able to confirm it tonight. :D

-- Smoov

edit: As for the Mk1/2/3/4 differences, they looked identical graphically (to me) in the menu. Any plans on making some light visual changes to them later? Or are there already some cosmetic differences I haven't quite made out yet.

RikkiLook
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Black Market (sell and buy on the market)

Post by RikkiLook »

Translations into Russian. (BlackMarket_1.0.30)
Attachments
ru.zip
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

RikkiLook wrote:Translations into Russian. (BlackMarket_1.0.30)
Thx man.
Updated to 1.0.31 !
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Profit-
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Profit- »

May I have your permission to mod this mod and distribute it with a mod pack I have created? I will clearly state that it has been changed and what the original mod that it came from was.

Thank you.

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

Ok... for some reason, this mod doesn't seem to want to work anymore...

Factorio 0.14.14

I'm used to seeing the mod rescan prices when I load my saved game, but today, it hasn't done that.

I can manually rescan just fine... I can manually buy and sell just fine...

however, it doesn't appear to be running by itself anymore.

I reset the timer, and it always stays at either 0h or -24h. Several game days go by, and nothing in the sell chest gets sold, and nothing in the buy chest gets purchased... unless I do it manually.

I've tried toggling the pause setting a few times, both on the chests individually, and on the global window.

I don't know what changed, and I'm running way too many mods to guess at a possible conflict.

Tomorrow or the day after, I'll try disabling, one at a time, the most recently updated mod (as shown on the portal), to see if one of the recent updates might have been the culprit. Has to be one in the last 36-48 hours if this was the case.

Anyone else noticing the same behavior?

-- Smoov

edit: ok, did a quick test... saved, toggled this mod off, reloaded... saved, toggled mod back on, reloaded...

The price scan progressed as it usually does. At this point, this mod is not researched again... so I re-research the mod, and as soon as it finishes being researched, I save, and reload, and the price scan does not happen, and I'm back to where I was before.

So far, it looks like the difference is non-researched and researched. Non-researched, and the price check on load happens. Researched, and it doesn't happen.

SweetlySick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SweetlySick »

Factorio 0.14.16 - The Black Market mod causes the game to hang approximately every 30 seconds for about 12 seconds or so. When I disable the mod the hangs stop.
I haven't played the game for a couple of months, which goes back to early releases of 0.14. The mod worked fine back then.

Update: It doesn't occur when the mod is paused in-game. It seems to occur when it comes time to automatically sell everything in the trading chests.

ps Thanks for the mod, it's allowed me to dramatically simplify my overproduction handling issues.

gustaphe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustaphe »

I would love to see this with a law of diminishing returns, adapted for pvp.
Imagine you and a friend scrambling to make the most money in a given time. You're thinking of selling Oil Refineries, but your friend beats you to it, so they are less and less worth. You quickly change the setup to make Electric Furnaces...
If no one makes this, I'm going to have to learn how.

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

Well, if I remember correctly, the prices are supposed to do some sliding based on supply and demand... so that the more an item is sold, the more downward pressure on the price, and the more an item is bought, the more upward pressure.

I haven't used it over a long enough period of time to confirm.

(and yes, I agree, this is real nice for overproduction issues... much better than using a flare stack :) )

-- Smoov

atlas1205
Inserter
Inserter

Post by atlas1205 »

For some reason I'm unable to buy high-tiered stuff from bob mods while using angel's mods at the same time. for example i cannot buy bob's MK5 mining machines, nor bob warfare's power armor MK4 or 5. even MK2 and 3 EXO-skeleton are gone missing. They simply just dont show up on the list.
Any idea how to get them back?

EDIT: never mind. turns out that angel's mods made some parts not possible to be produced. hence making them worthless and unable to be purchased/sold on the market.

abculatter_2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by abculatter_2 »

Just wondering, does your mod have exponential increase/decrease for item prices as the cost get higher/lower? Or is the pressure to return to the resting price point always the same amount per unit of time, no matter what the current price is?

If it is a constant pressure, would it be okay to ask for an exponential pressure increase at higher/lower prices?

cpaca
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cpaca »

Unsure if this is intended, or if it is already been said.
I will use this for Iron Gear wheels, although I did it for mk5 God Modules in Bob's mods, for ~10+b/s gain.

I = Input
M = Machine (Furnace, Assembling machine, etc.)
O = Output

Normally, for Iron gear wheels:
I (Iron) = 2 O (Gear wheel)
Let's assume that the 2 gear wheels are worth EXACTLY one Iron plate.
And let us assume that one Iron Plate is worth EXACTLY 100u, so one Gear wheel is 50u
And apply Productivity 50% to above...
I (Iron) (100u) = 3 O (Gear Wheel) (150u)
And loop it around.

I did it with god module 5s, and i was getting ~10b+/s
(Although I did enable productivity modules in beacons....)
(And I may be remembering wrong and it could be ~10m+/s...)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

binbinhfr wrote:
RikkiLook wrote:Translations into Russian. (BlackMarket_1.0.30)
Thx man.
Updated to 1.0.31 !

:evil: not
can't change the price ... put in the txt file

example

Code: Select all

["electrolyser-4"] = unknown_price,
	["oil-refinery-3"] = unknown_price,
	["oil-refinery-4"] = unknown_price,
change prices, and still back the same list, nothing changes

scaining
Attachments
2016-11-07_22-58-59.jpg
2016-11-07_22-58-59.jpg (144.95 KiB) Viewed 7434 times
2016-11-07_22-58-08.jpg
2016-11-07_22-58-08.jpg (155.38 KiB) Viewed 7434 times

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

Hey I have been giving this mod a try and really like the concept of it, just thought I'd mention that I may have found a bug or two.
The interface that tally's your average tax rate isn't correct because it is comparing the taxes to the wrong number. When you buy a 100u item at 25% tax, it says you bought 100u worth of items for 125u total, and then takes 100/125 = 80% = 20% average tax. But my average tax (after just 1 purchase) was 25%. So if you buy more items than you sell, your average tax number isn't accurate, and probably isn't accurate after you've bought even a single item actually... It should be comparing your taxes paid against the base purchase price to determine average tax, IE 25u taxes in this example vs 100 pretaxed purchases = 25%.

Also, the only real thing holding me back from really diving into a big campaign with this mod is that you can buy items you can't build on your own. I understand it is a market, but it really breaks apart the whole flow of the game if I can just afk for an hour and sell 2450725813467 stone ore to the black market and then buy the best bobs mods power armor, mk4 robots, personal roboports, mk4 fusion reactor, etc.

I would suggest as a method of balancing this (since it seems like throughout this thread you have not wanted to remove the ability to buy items, as it is a market), would be to charge a premium for unresearched items. The simplest option would be a static multiplier on the cost, like say 2x, or 10x, hopefully configurable in the config.lua. A more dynamic approach might take a look at how much technology you would need to build it, and factor that into the cost multiplier. A hover tooltip showing more info about how the price was calculated would be really nice.

That also would be nice even as it is right now. If I start a new map and I trade copper plates I can see that the starting price is 100u. I know from looking through the config that the minimum it can go to is 50u, and the max is 200u. But an item that starts at say 37u, there's no way I'm going to remember it's starting value and then off the top of my head (especially after it has moved from is base value) and figure out its minimum and maximum prices. I would suggest that the tooltip (or price itself somehow) reflect the base price. For example: Copper Plate (134u - 134%). Or, if it could be hidden via tooltip, you could break it down further and say Copper Plate (268u) -- (tooltip) -- +34% from supply/demand, X2 from missing research. Granted copper plates is a bad example for the missing research, but I hope you understand what I mean. From playing with it for a bit, I have noticed the "-", "=", and "+" appended to the price, which makes me think that it shouldn't be hard to dynamically append current price / base price as a % instead of the +/-/=

Anyway, for now I am thinking to use a 'bronze-man' mode where I only let myself buy items that I already have the tech for, but a more permanent solution would be very much appreciated. (I also tweaked some config settings to try to dissuade myself from making infinite crushed stone for example... 0.2 dynamic minimum, 5x dynamic maximum, and also modified the dynamic factors so it was easier to remember. 2,000 units of any good traded in 1 day is the max before it starts to go crazy expensive or cheap - this amounts to 2,000 items / 6.94 minutes = ~300 items per real life minute)

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

Perhaps a mode where there is a certain amount of demand on the market, and once that demand is fulfilled, you can't sell any more, until later, when demand for it picks back up again.

-- Smoov

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Please add goods in
AnonyMods - Overhaul mod
not more goods in reads
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=38927&p=235158#p235158

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

15.0 version update?

nitro_hedgehog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nitro_hedgehog »

this mod could use a tune up.

it somehow works in 0.15 but all the next has "unknown" text to it and no longer displays item price when you mouse over an item on the gui.

also, you may want to nerf electricity price, it's trivial to set up a bunch of power generation and buy a ridiculous amount of stuff with it even with only vanilla methods, hell, even without the new nuclear reactor. i also agree with another user stating that there should be a penalty for buying unresearched items.

overpoweredness aside, i love your mod and all of its features, i hope you find the time to give it some more love.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

nitro_hedgehog wrote: it somehow works in 0.15 but all the next has "unknown" text to it and no longer displays item price when you mouse over an item on the gui.
Binbin when you get around to it, This is solved by removing the whitespace around the = in your locale.cfg
Airat9000 wrote:15.0 version update?
.15 was just released and is experimental. Have patience

CapnPipsqueak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CapnPipsqueak »

It would be interesting to see 'supply contracts' pop up occasionally. A time-limited request for the player to supply enough of a specific resource or item, and if they're successful you get double the normal sell price or something similar.

Could be an interesting way of changing the game, especially if you're able to create demands for an item the player isn't currently producing, or hasn't sold much of recently.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

An interesting thing would be a market combinator, it would simply return market price of each item and update when price update.
Ucoin would return the player balance.

Return to “Mods”