[15.0] Follower robot count 7 research missing

Bugs that are actually features.
Immun
Inserter
Inserter

[15.0] Follower robot count 7 research missing

Post by Immun »

my first post and still excited about the game and I hope not just an error by myself :D but follower robot count 7 research is kind of missing
24-04-2017 21-21-46.jpg
24-04-2017 21-21-46.jpg (112.73 KiB) Viewed 2318 times

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [15.0] Follower robot count 7 research missing

Post by Nemoricus »

This is a more general issue where the technology count for the infinite research items jumps from the regular research.

Combat Robot Damage goes from 5 to 7.
Follower Robot Count goes from 6 to 8.
Flamethrower Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Gun Turret Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Laser Turret Damage goes from 7 to 9.
Shotgun Shell Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Grenade Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Bullet Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Cannon Shell Damage goes from 5 to 7.
Rocket Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Worker Robot Speed goes from 5 to 7.

Mining Productivity is weird, since it always skips every even level and doesn't have a level 1.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Nemoricus wrote:This is a more general issue where the technology count for the infinite research items jumps from the regular research.

Combat Robot Damage goes from 5 to 7.
Follower Robot Count goes from 6 to 8.
Flamethrower Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Gun Turret Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Laser Turret Damage goes from 7 to 9.
Shotgun Shell Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Grenade Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Bullet Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Cannon Shell Damage goes from 5 to 7.
Rocket Damage goes from 6 to 8.
Worker Robot Speed goes from 5 to 7.

Mining Productivity is weird, since it always skips every even level and doesn't have a level 1.
What? None of what you're saying is true.

The research shows the current level and the level it advances to. Mining productivity starts at 1 and goes to 3. Then that finishes and it shows 4 through 7 and so on.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

This may not be a bug in the code, but it certainly seems like an error in the research definitions.

See this album: http://imgur.com/a/Ys6Db (the last image shows the inconsistency)

Also (possibly related): Mining productivity researches show up like 1–3, 4–7, etc, but after you've researched them they say 3, 7, etc. Shouldn't it just say 1–3, 4–7, etc like before?

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

This confused me as well, but Rseding responded to me here:
viewtopic.php?t=44795&p=258538#p258565

Fortunately, I had an old save to load up and confirm that everything showed up as expected, before I had done the research. I went on a marathon and completely forgot that I did certain research, and there's no way I can recall what the current level of research everything is, and I doubt anyone else could, either. I just assumed that it was a bug.
SupplyDepoo wrote:Also (possibly related): Mining productivity researches show up like 1–3, 4–7, etc, but after you've researched them they say 3, 7, etc. Shouldn't it just say 1–3, 4–7, etc like before?
This may have helped in preventing me from becoming confused, if it was displayed in this manner. If you were about to research level 18 for mining, for example, it could display as 1-3,4-7,8-17,18-∞

I thought maybe it could've been a tribal knowledge issue, since we're used to seeing one step at a time, but I don't think that's the case. I wanted to know if I was just that forgetful, so I loaded up an older save and showed a friend my base and how the game worked (he doesn't play Factorio...yet), researched mining a few times and said something like "what happened to the other levels? did I do those? do you think that's a bug?" and he thought it was a bug because he didn't remember what level of research I was doing or how many I did...and I only played for about 30 minutes. He also thought that I wasted/lost a ton of science packs because I "paid" for higher levels without being able to "pay" for lower levels as well.

Immun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Immun »

after reading it several times on different days i think i now understand the idea/logic behind it and i think i found the reason why i was misleaded. i loaded an old save where all research was completed and saw this picture compared to all other research with the logic explained by you guys before. so from the converted save i guess i already researched Follower Robot Count 7 and this is why the grafic showed as next number 8 and i did not noticed that. if not, i completely don't understand the logic at all and the missing "seven" in my print creen :D :D :D

Return to β€œNot a bug”