Problems with Steam in 0.15

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
joni65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Problems with Steam in 0.15

Post by joni65 »

I am having an issue with steam power in 0.15 but don't know if it is a bug or if something changed that I don't know about. When I set up my boilers and steam engines they don't produce electricity. When I run poles to an electric miner the flashing yellow warnings go away on the steam engine and the drill, but then a red flashing warning starts up on the drill and it doesn't work. The poles are showing no power and the steam engine is showing no hot water. I do have them hooked up to a pump in the water too, so that is not the issue. The boiler is burning coal and has water in it but it seem like it is not passing it on to the steam engine. The steam and the boiler are for sure connected though.

Anyone else?

NorwegianBlue
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Problems with Steam in 0.15

Post by NorwegianBlue »

Steam engines run on steam now, not hot water. Check the boiler outputs. Yes, plural.

joni65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joni65 »

NorwegianBlue wrote:Steam engines run on steam now, not hot water. Check the boiler outputs. Yes, plural.
can you elaborate? does this mean i need some additional thing in the set up? more than one boiler? more than one steam engine? i have tried multiple arrangements

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

Boilers have three connection points. Two are for water, one is for outputting steam. The steam output is perpendicular to the water input/outputs.

joni65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joni65 »

Nemoricus wrote:Boilers have three connection points. Two are for water, one is for outputting steam. The steam output is perpendicular to the water input/outputs.
Thank you!!

Return to “General discussion”