Permission System

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Permission System

Post by illmaren »

The Permission system is nice...like really nice...

whats not so nice is that the permissions are not really in good order...
Permissions which can change permission groups should be in a permisson group at the top or at the bottom of all permissions so to see which permissions to take from a group so that they dont make shit with it.

Lg.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Permission System

Post by Rseding91 »

What? I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mattj256 »

illmaren wrote:The Permission system is nice...like really nice...

Permissions which can change permission groups should be in a permisson group at the top or at the bottom of all permissions so to see which permissions to take from a group so that they dont make shit with it.

Lg.
My attempt to translate the OP:

The permission system is really nice. The order that permissions are listed could use improvement. Please put the administrative permissions at the very top or very bottom of the list. (These are the permissions that allow you to add or remove permissions from yourself or others.) We don't want to accidentally give these permissions out to regular users!

Thanks Rseding91.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

mattj256 wrote:
illmaren wrote:The Permission system is nice...like really nice...

Lg.
My attempt to translate the OP:

The permission system is really nice. The order that permissions are listed could use improvement. Please put the administrative permissions at the very top or very bottom of the list. (These are the permissions that allow you to add or remove permissions from yourself or others.) We don't want to accidentally give these permissions out to regular users!

Thanks Rseding91.
Ahh, well in order to edit permissions you still have to be an admin. So you don't have to worry about that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mattj256 »

Rseding91 wrote:Ahh, well in order to edit permissions you still have to be an admin. So you don't have to worry about that.
As a suggestion, not a bug, could that be clarified in the GUI? I looked at the GUI and I think the OP made a perfectly reasonable assumption.

If a permission is "admin only" please include an icon or the words "admin only" next to that permission. Can you do that?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”