can only choose to do tutorials

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Dakota9910
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

can only choose to do tutorials

Post by Dakota9910 »

im only given the option to play the tutorials of the game. i have watched videos and the people ive watched were able to start their own free world where they could do what they wanted to. i, however, cannot for whatever reason. if you could please help, it would be greatly appreciated

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: can only choose to do tutorials

Post by FishSandwich »

Play -> New Game -> Generate.

There is your free world...

Dakota9910
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dakota9910 »

it only gives me the option to start campaign or to load a game. it doesnt give me a generate option.

filthyfox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by filthyfox »

hey there pal I think you might still be in the demo so if you go to the factorio website: https://www.factorio.com/ Then log in to your account and if you bought the game go to your email and copy the upgrade code and go back to the factorio website and click on your account name and paste the upgrade code where it says it is required, once you have done that go back to the home page and click download and select the version you want. If you haven't bought the game then that is the reason you can't do it because the demo has restricted what you can do.

Hope this helps ;)

Dakota9910
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dakota9910 »

thank you so much. i completely forgot to upgrade it.

filthyfox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by filthyfox »

same but with me when I go to download it, it just kind of freezes so i'm looking for someone to help me out with my problem so let me know if the same thing happens to you or not

Return to “Gameplay Help”