Bigger landfill stacks

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Bigger landfill stacks

Post by Avezo »

Just try filling up a 10x10 water area. It's already an entire stack. Now imagine having any greater project. Yeah, there is enough stone to produce it, but have fun having to carry it all back and forth to where you need more land.

I propose to change landfill to work like repair packs - you have a single stackable item that gets depleted over time (increase manufacturing costs to accomodate the change ofc). That way you can stack landfill into oblivion in your pockets without having to do mindless running back and forth when out of it or whatever.
Last edited by Avezo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Landfill's stacks are not big enough

Post by stm »

Arn't your pockets deeep enough already?
I mean how many trains etc. can you carry already. If the Landfill stacksize is your problem, just use a vehicle to transport it, or request them via bots ...
What I would like though is the possibility to use robots to build landfill, which if memory serves right is not possible.
Stm

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

stm wrote:Arn't your pockets deeep enough already?
I mean how many trains etc. can you carry already. If the Landfill stacksize is your problem, just use a vehicle to transport it, or request them via bots ...
What I would like though is the possibility to use robots to build landfill, which if memory serves right is not possible.
Stm
It was possible before to shift + click landfill. was considered a bug and fixed.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

This is my recent project, it's already halfway done. It still looks like just a small shoreline streamlining, yet it took over 150k landfill (which like 1.5 million? stone) from the point I started counting.

The point is - This is a SMALL landfill project. Yet it took tremondous amounts of it. Imagine big ones...

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

agree. Stack are too small, or landfill's too small !
Last edited by fregate84 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

I think having landfill be 1000 in a stack instead of 100, would be a good change. Shouldn't cause any balance problems, since it's only speeding up the rate at which a player can use up their resource. You can't block biters with land, so there's not a lot you can do to abuse landfill.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

Each landfill costs 20 Stone, so 150k Landfill is 3 million Stone. That's a LOT. A stack of 100 Landfill represents 2000 Stone converted to Landfill. (40 stacks worth!) That's already spectacular compression. Filling in large lakes is not really what Landfill is meant for imho, it's more for smoothing off sides and such, so you can line up Steam plants along a shoreline nicely and the like, for which, the given stack size is honestly plenty.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Concrete is much more common in Factorio compared to landfill. Yet noone did complain about its stack size. People are used to have several supply trains filled with concrete and bring them around to construction sites.
I think that given landfill resource cost 100 per stack is pretty much. If you need enormous amounts then its silly to carry it around in your pockets. You should probably need to set up automatic rail transportation of Landfill from your base to construction site.
Then when you need to deploy it just Ctrl-click on a wagon to fill your pockets with it - and go deploy.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

PacifyerGrey wrote:Concrete is much more common in Factorio compared to landfill. Yet noone did complain about its stack size. People are used to have several supply trains filled with concrete and bring them around to construction sites.
I think that given landfill resource cost 100 per stack is pretty much. If you need enormous amounts then its silly to carry it around in your pockets. You should probably need to set up automatic rail transportation of Landfill from your base to construction site.
Then when you need to deploy it just Ctrl-click on a wagon to fill your pockets with it - and go deploy.
Well maybe nobody complains because we have this mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/MrDoomah ... tack-to-1k

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

PacifyerGrey wrote:Concrete is much more common in Factorio compared to landfill. Yet noone did complain about its stack size. People are used to have several supply trains filled with concrete and bring them around to construction sites.
QFT

MKNZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bigger landfill stacks

Post by MKNZ »

My Vanilla work-around to this:

Landfill crafts insanely fast. HandCraft Infinite as necessary from your stone deposits, and run your ass over to where you're filling water. Do not craft Landfill and try to carry it to the location. You can carry infinite if it's 'still crafting' of anything. Clear your inventory, is purely for time to craft and run over there before it poops out from being full. If it was even slightly higher, using this method could landfill an insane portion of the map due to the amount of time you have to craft and run would be doubled, while from a stack perspective this seems low, it's doubling the factor of how much you can carry-over your inventory. If the location is too far to do this, move stone or build a train just for the speed.

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bigger landfill stacks

Post by mophydeen »

MKNZ wrote:My Vanilla work-around to this:

Landfill crafts insanely fast. HandCraft Infinite as necessary from your stone deposits, and run your ass over to where you're filling water. Do not craft Landfill and try to carry it to the location. You can carry infinite if it's 'still crafting' of anything. Clear your inventory, is purely for time to craft and run over there before it poops out from being full. If it was even slightly higher, using this method could landfill an insane portion of the map due to the amount of time you have to craft and run would be doubled, while from a stack perspective this seems low, it's doubling the factor of how much you can carry-over your inventory. If the location is too far to do this, move stone or build a train just for the speed.
If you really need big lakes to be filled. You need a bigger inventory(currently playing 80 bonus), stone patches local landfill production or at stone unload chain a few provider chests to increase capacity.
Remember the ratio to stone is 20 so you will never just deliver stone to a location.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”