Steam engines not generating power

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
graydragon95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Steam engines not generating power

Post by graydragon95 »

Hello all,

I've just started playing with no prior knowledge of how the game works (besides playing the tutorial of course!). I placed the steam engine down, with 4 broilers hooked up to it, with water flowing, etc. The temp on each broiler, as well as the SE is at 100, there's water in everything, and the available performance for the SE is full, yet it keeps flashing the "needs electricity" icon. How do I make it so it doesn't need electricity? Everything worked fine in the tutorial, but my freeplay file doesn't.

Thanks in advance!

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Steam engines not generating power

Post by FreeER »

Can I assume that you've placed electric poles next to the steam engines and that you have a least one connection from them to a machine that needs energy?

There's a wiki page for power here so that could help some, if it doesn't a quick screenshot would help people see what you have set up (there should be a "prt sc" or "print scr" button on your keyboard that you can press and then open an image editor like paint and paste the saved screen shot into it).

graydragon95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by graydragon95 »

WOW I feel like an idiot. Didn't know that there had to be connections. Thanks!

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

graydragon95 wrote:Didn't know that there had to be connections. Thanks!
No problem, everyone has to learn sometime :D

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

It'd be nice if all those info icons came with a helpful text that you'd see if you hovered the building in question.

Return to “Gameplay Help”