Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by septemberWaves »

I hadn't realized people were referring to a version with those textures. I've still been using the mod versions from about a week ago, which have nicer plate textures and don't change the base game textures for copper and iron.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Would you still recommend using these mods with Bob's mods, or is it better now to use them with vanilla?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

definitively with bobs. you only get the full package with bob's. that being said, if you come from vanilla, angels&bob's is a real though game.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

ukezi wrote:definitively with bobs. you only get the full package with bob's. that being said, if you come from vanilla, angels&bob's is a real though game.
Thanks for the reply. I've played it before with Bob's (before smelting and petrochem), and for my next game I was wondering if I wanted to do both. Now I know what to do :D

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Not sure if bug. Molten tin takes 3 times as long to make. 4 ingots for 4 molten tin in 4 seconds, whereas most every other metal melts at 12 ingots for 12 molten metal in 4 seconds.

Not a huge deal but breaks my pretty foundry all up.

Edit: Changed the value for myself. Foundry doesn't have weird hump of tin smelters anymore.

cellular
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cellular »

So to what extent are ratios going to change? I'm in the process of setting up a proper train-based resource processing area and I'm wondering if I should set up smelting now or wait a while.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

aklesey1 wrote: Where you plan to use sodium sulfate, now the by-product by production of chrome which will begin to be saved in terrible quantities soon
I found small reference on sodium sulfate, and it can be used in fertilazer recipe? so may be we will be able to use it in bio angel's bio processing mod
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: Where you plan to use sodium sulfate, now the by-product by production of chrome which will begin to be saved in terrible quantities soon
I found small reference on sodium sulfate, and it can be used in fertilazer recipe? so may be we will be able to use it in bio angel's bio processing mod
Google "Kraft Process"

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
Google "Kraft Process"
Such sneers please aren't necessary, I try to respect ur work the word of honor, ur creations in the factorio is hard but interesting, because at ur works there is a fair share of realism i very like it Arch666Angel :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
Google "Kraft Process"
Such sneers please aren't necessary, I try to respect ur work the word of honor, ur creations in the factorio is hard but interesting, because at ur works there is a fair share of realism i very like it Arch666Angel :)
That was just a hint to where sodium sulfate might be used ;)

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Not sure if an intended feature coz of future plans but with current Smelting 0.2.1, if I need to manually craft anything that requires copper cable and I dont have copper cable, the game doesnt let me craft it. It assumes copper cable can only be made from copper wire coil and locks the recipe.

But, if I have at least one single unit of copper cable and try to craft something that requires more then the amount I have, it will craft the required copper cable .

Edit: And I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread....

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Sedar wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Something I made on stream, halfway finished locomotive
Very interesting to see the record, if possible. I was looking for a record on Twitch and YouTube but did not find it.
I dont know what you have to do to have twitch save the VOD, but I guess it's being a partner or something. But there is no talking, just me fiddling around in Cinema4D. :)
aklesey1 wrote:Several questions about new angel smelting beta:
1) Where you plan to use sodium sulfate, now the by-product by production of chrome which will begin to be saved in terrible quantities soon
2) How to get platinum ore? We have full processing chain for platinum but can't get ore itself
3) Are u planing to add calcium silicate like in anonymods - this material for high tier furnaces, this is insulating material which can endure high temperaures
1)Separation to sodium and sulfur, later on -> google craft process
2)You dont, it will be hidden when playing with bobs
3)No

--Smelting Progress
-added localization string for steel, solder technologies, chemical furnace
-changed all coil cutting recipes to only craftable in an assembler
-added powder mixer machine
-fixed some of the recipes mentioned here
-tweaking 50% of the chains and changed some recipes to diferent machines

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

How can i play without bob's? U are going separate angel's from bob's mods in future? I think its good idea which is shown in residual technologies and some recipes from bob mod's
So where we can get platinum ore?

tux_mark_5
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tux_mark_5 »

This might be a stupid question: what's the latest version of the smelting mod? I've seen people refer to 0.2.1, but in mod portal I only see 0.1.4.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

tux_mark_5 wrote:This might be a stupid question: what's the latest version of the smelting mod? I've seen people refer to 0.2.1, but in mod portal I only see 0.1.4.
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/angelso ... _0.2.2.zip

This is the latest beta version, including the tiny powder mixer added a few hours ago.
Because it's in the testing phase, nothing is really balanced or really worthwhile to use yet. It's mainly just to play around with the recipes and provide suggestions for the moment.

IamI
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IamI »

May be asked several times: May Angel's provide a version with smaller(or normal) building size ?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

IamI wrote:May be asked several times: May Angel's provide a version with smaller(or normal) building size ?
This mod may help: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/StefanT/ResizedBuildings

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

The_Destroyer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The_Destroyer »

brab wrote:
ukezi wrote:definitively with bobs. you only get the full package with bob's. that being said, if you come from vanilla, angels&bob's is a real though game.
Thanks for the reply. I've played it before with Bob's (before smelting and petrochem), and for my next game I was wondering if I wanted to do both. Now I know what to do :D
The farthest I've ever gone was Factorio extended, and Yuokis but never really touched it... now I want to get into both mods, will all modules, at once...

Maybe I should do a Bobs-only playthrough first, but this mod looks so beautiful and I can understand most of it, until I got into petrochem...

ncc1702
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ncc1702 »

Can we have a "Trigger Mod" to use the vanilla and Bob's Plate textures?

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

ncc1702 wrote:Can we have a "Trigger Mod" to use the vanilla and Bob's Plate textures?
I suspect the current textures in the latest mod versions are temporary. If not though, then this would be a nice option to have.

Return to “Angels Mods”