[MOD 0.13] Progressive running

Topics and discussion about specific mods
xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Progressive running

Post by xeln4g4 »

Can you please implement autorunning function in this mod? The specific mod is kinda broken, act strangely.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

xeln4g4 wrote:Can you please implement autorunning function in this mod? The specific mod is kinda broken, act strangely.
I look at the AutonRun mod.
The way it implements this function is a trick that uses constant creation and destruction of invisible objets. That is why you hear this awful sound. I do not want to integrate that in to my mod... :-)
You'd better try to get in contact with the original author.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

binbinhfr wrote:
xeln4g4 wrote:Can you please implement autorunning function in this mod? The specific mod is kinda broken, act strangely.
I look at the AutonRun mod.
The way it implements this function is a trick that uses constant creation and destruction of invisible objets. That is why you hear this awful sound. I do not want to integrate that in to my mod... :-)
You'd better try to get in contact with the original author.
Also the method used for autorunning is not MP friendly and will be removed in .15

(ps) I am working on a more "friendlier" version of this in my free time :)

BlackKnight
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BlackKnight »

I find that 90% of the time I want to use my default (modded) super fast running speed (especially when attacking bases) - without progressively speeding up. I don't want to start at a slow pace again each time I stop holding down that key movement key. But when implementing changes within a factory, I always end up on moving belts! (which drives me nuts) so micro movements make this really critical to solve.

Thus, a change that I think would make this mod much much more effective would be a hotkey to enable / disable progressive running completely - as in go back to whatever the default speed was before installing the mod. Not defaulting to slowest speed like the current hotkey does. This hotkey could be in addition to the current hotkey you have. Alternatively, you could have one hotkey to cycle through each of the three states - Default, Progressive and Slow.

Thanks for the consideration!

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

updated to 0.15

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

Hello binbinhfr,

The localization for the hotkey is missing in game, you need to delete the spaces before and after equal sign to work (changed in factorio .15) in /locale/en/en.cfg

Code: Select all

[controls]
progrun_hotkey=Progr. running toggle 
As a request, would be possible to move the configuration to the new settings, so that it can be tweaked in game, without unzipping and editing the cfg?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi,

i corrected the locale

I do not play factorio or do active modding anymore,

but, for the config, if you know how to do it, please post the package here and i'll update it.

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AndrewIRL »

Is it possible to alter this mod so that slow start is disabled and I have default (high) acceleration any time my shields or health are not 100% ?

I wasn't able to run away quickly enough from some biters, got surrounded and killed.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

you have a F1 hotkey to disable acceleration and stay at max speed

Staiden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Staiden »

I installed your mod and decided I don't really care for it, so i uninstalled it and now I run extremely slow and for some reason and even with the mod gone the f1 toggle is still in place. With it toggled off I run 1/5th of the normal run speed and with it enabled i barely run the normal speed and this is all while the mod isnt even installed anymore. Any help here? This mod has made my save game unplayable.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

read the uninstall note at the beginning of this thread.

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Could we please add a third option, as I think some others have suggested, to toggle FULL speed? Sometimes I want progressive, sometimes I may even want ALL slow. But MOST times I don't want any slowness at all, and want to run at 100% speed immediately. Your mod is awesome, but sometimes I'm torn about having it because I don't want to start out slow every time I want to go somewhere.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Ok, i do not play factorio anymore but I made a little change for you out there :
now F1 rotates between 3 states : slow > prog running > fast. A little flying sign to show status.
Hope you'll like it.

usafphoenix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by usafphoenix »

mod incompatible-with / prevents run-speed modification from other mods (namely creative mode mod).
setting run speed to say, 7...results in a quick burst of speed than running back at normal speed (1x)
(or there's something in the mod that i'm missing, like a key i'm supposed to be using besides F1)
has anyone else gotten this mod to work as-expected/intended alongside creative-mode mod?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

usafphoenix wrote:mod incompatible-with / prevents run-speed modification from other mods (namely creative mode mod).
setting run speed to say, 7...results in a quick burst of speed than running back at normal speed (1x)
(or there's something in the mod that i'm missing, like a key i'm supposed to be using besides F1)
has anyone else gotten this mod to work as-expected/intended alongside creative-mode mod?
creative mode is tweaking with speed, so you cannot use both mods at the same time.

anyway, updated to 0.16

goobboy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by goobboy »

Hey, je passe juste vous remercier pour ce mod quasiment parfait. Juste un petit petit détail, il faudrait ajouter des mots clés dans la description du mod comme "walking" ou "tooggle", j'ai eu un peu de mal à trouver ce mode qui correspondait parfaitement à mes attentes.
Hey, just passing by to say thank you for this almost perfect mod. Just a little detail, you should add some key words in the description of your mod, like "walking" or "toggle", it would be easier to find that way.
Bonne soirée, bye.

TRauMa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TRauMa »

This mod still works fine in 0.17. Are you still around, binbinhfr? If not, I'd maybe make use of your abandon clause in the license to update and publish it, and also add some in game settings etc. If you read this and don't want to update yourself, would you consider giving me access to the mod portal entry for the mod?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I'm still around but no time for coding.
I'll be glad to give you access. I included you on the portal, tell me if it's ok.

TRauMa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TRauMa »

Oh! That was quick! I'm OhChirpy on the portal, probably should have mentioned that, sorry!

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

oh I added TRauMa...
I changed, please test it.

PS : note that you must now include a thumbnail.png file into the zip, to automatically create an icon on the portal, otherwise, the mod on the portal will lose its icon.

you can use attachment
Attachments
56975007cecb225f168d5acb389f565f00121328.png
56975007cecb225f168d5acb389f565f00121328.png (22.2 KiB) Viewed 4778 times

Return to “Mods”