Filter Inserter

[0.9.8] Electric Furnaces

Post by GotLag »

I wanted an early-game electric furnace, so I made one:
Recipe:
1 x Stone Furnace
1 x Iron Plate
1 x Electronic Circuit

Now with advanced electric furnace and associated research!
Uses 1.5x the power of the electric furnace, and smelts twice as fast. Requires Advanced Material Processing 3, and is built from 2 electric furnaces.

2014-05-20: Tweaked electric stone furnace to use 50% more power. More convenient than the stone furnace, but at a cost.

Download
Last edited by GotLag on Tue May 20, 2014 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fisherman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.9.8] Electric Stone Furnace

Post by Fisherman »

Too easy.
Biters are so cute ^_^

Sorry for my poor English. I'm from Bearland.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Fisherman wrote:Too easy.
How fortunate then, that we live in a society in which you are free not to download and play this mod :)

Kenyi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kenyi »

It's a good concept, but I'm thinking not a lot of people will go for this. It makes most of the tech-tree involving meticulous coal mining and production completely redundant, thus taking away half the challenge of the game. Good effort, though. I applaud your 'I want something in the game that's not there, so I'll just make it myself' attitude. We need more of that.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Not the mod I'd play, but good job on getting something like this out there so fast. I like the simple addition you made to the original stone furnace. Simple, yet effective.
Ignore this

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by filippe999 »

Can you add a electric furnace tier 2, that has 2 input slots and two output slots for the same product? that way the investment towards electric furnaces later on is more rewarding, also a efficient version(it woul be a normal electric furnace except that it requires a lot more resources, and it's basically like it has effectivity modules built-in without the speed downgrading so much, perhaps half the speed decrease you would have if you simply made a normal electric furnace and added as much effecivity modules as you could) of the normal electric furnace that does not accept modules would be great.

thanks, filippe999.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Kenyi wrote:It makes most of the tech-tree involving meticulous coal mining and production completely redundant, thus taking away half the challenge of the game.
I wouldn't say that (granted I've had the game less than a week). I still have to mine the coal to run the furnaces, it's just that it's burned in boilers instead of in the furnaces themselves. I still need the conveyor capacity to supply the coal to by power complex, and I then need more boilers and engines to provide the power required by the electric furnaces. I suppose I could slightly increase the power cost as a convenience fee, but it's not like the need for coal disappears (unless you go fully-solar I guess, but then the vanilla electric furnaces will do that for you too).
filippe999 wrote:Can you add a electric furnace tier 2, that has 2 input slots and two output slots for the same product? that way the investment towards electric furnaces later on is more rewarding, also a efficient version(it woul be a normal electric furnace except that it requires a lot more resources, and it's basically like it has effectivity modules built-in without the speed downgrading so much, perhaps half the speed decrease you would have if you simply made a normal electric furnace and added as much effecivity modules as you could) of the normal electric furnace that does not accept modules would be great.

thanks, filippe999.
I'll have a look into that tonight.
Gammro wrote:Not the mod I'd play, but good job on getting something like this out there so fast. I like the simple addition you made to the original stone furnace. Simple, yet effective.
It's actually just the static (non-spinning) vent and part of the heating element from the electric furnace, copied and pasted over the stone furnace ;)
I am not an artist :(

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.9.8] Electric Furnaces

Post by GotLag »

Unfortunately increasing a furnace's input slots results in a crash on opening the GUI.

I have added an advanced furnace and renamed the mod.

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by filippe999 »

GotLag wrote:Unfortunately increasing a furnace's input slots results in a crash on opening the GUI.

I have added an advanced furnace and renamed the mod.
Nice! thanks for implementing my idea, i'm downloading your mod now!

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Don't know if I will use it on a regular basis, but nevertheless thank you :) I really hope to see a lot of fresh ideas for mods, now where the factorio sales go up :)

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

Better, late-game furnaces would be very interesting. Especially if you could make an advanced electric furnace with at least 1 smelting speed that's only 2x2 in size (like stone and steel furnaces), to upgrade my smelting facilities easily without rebuilding them completely. Or an insanely fast 5x5 uber-furnace for handling all the ore from the trains xD
Anyways I'm always happy to see mods showing up for this game, keep up the great work!

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

Hey GotLag, take a look at this would you?
Furnaces
Might give you some ideas. Awesome mod by the way.

Toskin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Toskin »

Not working on new versions. Entity picture files does not match any mod. At least error message says.
OK... One belt placed, few thousands to go...

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

When he wrotes 0.9.8 then it dont works on 0.10.0 else he would wrote this in the title.

Toskin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Toskin »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:When he wrotes 0.9.8 then it dont works on 0.10.0 else he would wrote this in the title.
Maybe, but for example, Red Alert Harvester is for 1.10.x and have exactly same problem, and some other mods I have are 0.9.8 and they works.
Looks like that new versions of factorio have problems with entity finding or assigning. 1.10.10 (and 9) are also case-sensitive and lots of mod files must have been renamed.
OK... One belt placed, few thousands to go...

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Here a simply fix for you:
(GotLag can takes this if he wants and if he update his I delete this)
Note: You must extract it.

Return to “Mods”