[0.8.4++] Player as requester/provider chest

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ardagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.8.4++] Player as requester/provider chest

Post by Ardagan »

Hi,

Using player as a requester chest looks nice, but I would like to suggest a change to that:
1) Requester: instead of selecting quantity of items in separate window, reserve slots in inventory. Amount of slots reserved can be limited. (add counter?) This can also be done as extra slots to inventory. Optional: limit the amount of items in slot, full capacity should go by default.
2) Provider: can be implemented same as Requester, basically some slots are set as "reserved" or new added for provider functionality. Possibly chose functionality type for shared box: requester or provider for some item. Forbid having both for same item type.
3) if no items of this type currently available, reserved slot shows blurred image.

Even though this is rather narrow usage, but some items like alien artifacts are much easier to be automatically be distributed. As for now, most of the time I have to put provider chest, put alien artifacts there, wait while bots will deliver those where it is needed, pick up chest.

On the other hand, in any case, I would really like to reserve some slots in inventory for some item type, not to occupy those with other stuff eventually.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.8.4++] Player as requester/provider chest

Post by SilverWarior »

Your explanation is a bit strange but let me see if I understod it correctly.

You want to be able to reserve any inventory slot to conatin only certain items similar as you can do with your hotbar using Middle-Mouse button.
You also want to be able to speciffy desired amount of items for such inventory slot.
So if the item count is lower than your desired amount logistical bots will fetch necessary items from logistical network to your character.
And if the count of the items in that slot is larger than the desired amount logistical bots will come to you, take those items away and take them to logistical netowork.

Did I get the point?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think this idea is worth more thinking. :)

Some ideas in my mind with the stacks and stack limits and smaller stacks, which can be splitted and moved around to have groups of items.
Something like the modular armor, but with stacks.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ardagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ardagan »

SilverWarior wrote:Your explanation is a bit strange but let me see if I understod it correctly.

You want to be able to reserve any inventory slot to conatin only certain items similar as you can do with your hotbar using Middle-Mouse button.
yes.

You also want to be able to speciffy desired amount of items for such inventory slot.
yes, optional. can use full stack by default. preferably not overfilled by logistic bots.

So if the item count is lower than your desired amount logistical bots will fetch necessary items from logistical network to your character.
yes

And if the count of the items in that slot is larger than the desired amount logistical bots will come to you, take those items away and take them to logistical netowork.
sounds nice, but should be optional. Sometimes I want to have "no less than" items. Should work for multiple stacks of 1 item-type.

Did I get the point?
yes
answers inline.

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chrille »

I especially am in favor of the simple idea of having slots rather than amounts specified as standard. I get quite annoyed that I can't request X stacks of items instead of even hundreds.

Maybe even as a standard feature from the start that don't need researching, the ability to use middle mouse button to reserve a slot for a specific item in inventory and an easy to use tiny pop up menu let's you chose the amount of that item you want reserved there. It automatically showing either a slider or 5-6 alternatives (1, 2, 5, 10 Half stack, full stack). This working so that whenever you pick items up or access a chest these reserved slots will fill up accordingly to the limit set. Anything above that would be handled as normally in inventory. So that if inventory full but reserved slot doesn't want full stack nothing more can be picked up.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

+1

Tenebrous
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Logistics system - send from player to storage/requesters

Post by Tenebrous »

So I have an inventory full of iron plates and a logistics section... I can request more stuff from the logistics network but I can't dump the stuff I have back into it.

So basically, allow the player to act as a provider in the logistics network as well as a requester.

I suggest another section of slots below the existing Logistics slots in the inventory.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I merged this into the above thread, because it is the same request.

Tenebrous
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tenebrous »

Thanks for the merge :D

What I'd really like is just to have some slots in inventory, under Logistics, where anything you put in it is picked up by the logistics system and, for example, stored in the storage chests etc - just to get them out of your inventory.

campos.ddc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by campos.ddc »

Apologies for necroing this thread.

I see we now have player requester slots, are provider slots planned too or was that idea scrapped?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. I mean it wasn't clear. One of the problems is, that it is very unclear how to implement that, cause just doing this sketched way from above isn't good game design. We have for example the other idea, about recycling the unused items, which pops up very often. And other ideas, about the GUI and so on.

Jobeo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jobeo »

I think this idea solves another problem I was thinking about.

I want the bots to get rid of junk that regularly gets into my inventory. I.e., raw ores, solid fuel, wood, etc, etc.

Being able to specify all this junk in a remote requestor chest would be wonderful.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

[necro] Partially implemented, logistic slots. Other part ready for implementation.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

With the trash slots (v0.12) I would move this to implemented.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”