Sensors and such.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jaypeevdml
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Sensors and such.

Post by jaypeevdml »

I've had this idea of having sensors as flooring for bases. For example, you get these 4 sensors accompanied with flooring to connect them, to make those 4 sensors read everything that is in between them. An example would be like a 5x5 area, which the corners would have these sensors, and the flooring all in that 5x5 area. the sensors will read everything on it.

If by chance this does happen, This might make defense in a singleplayer game more fun. In Multiplayer though? Let\s say its a 1v1 game. They both can make bases. Normally, Turrets dont shoot at players. But with the sensors, Those sensors read the entities on that area, and the turrets will start shooting anything on it, If the circuitry works.

This is just an idea. Maybe a few modders might get a hint of this.

Flooring:

Sensor Flooring (sends data of entities to any near sensor pylons)
Sensor Pylons (Collects data from sensor flooring)
Ability to get data from entities (IE : When you hook up a red wire to a chest, it shows how much is in it. Entities can never be read because it cant be in a chest, nor be read on a belt, thus proposing the sensors)

Thanks for your time! Avid factorio player who wants to see the game grow! (354 hrs on record - I know I still have a long way to go.)

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Sensors and such.

Post by deepdriller »

All a player had to do to invade an enemy base would be to destroy the pylons. Where's the fun in that?

jaypeevdml
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jaypeevdml »

Maybe Pylons that have their own aoe? Instead of a 4x pylons setup? or just flooring? only way to get rid of it would be to cut power supply?

Im just throwing in ideas. :D

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

A similar suggestion of having sensors connect to the circuit network has been made in this thread.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”