Minecraft-like World Screen

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Minecraft-like World Screen

Post by MalContentFL »

I have several games, but I can never find the right one in my list of 100+ saves. In Minecraft, worlds auto-save and are displayed on a nice, user-friendly list. In Factorio, worlds can't be named, you have to remember which one you play on. I Minecraft-like world list would be very helpful.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Minecraft-like World Screen

Post by Gammro »

You can "name your world" when you save your game, you can give the saved game a name:
Ignore this

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

I mean, I know that, but having a world list would be a lot better than the current save screen.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

I don't see very much of a difference. As far as I know(correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played MC in a long time), MC allows you to have a single save per world. This means you have one save per world, in a list. Factorio puts all of your saves in a list. Besides the game mode underneath it, they're practically the same.

Now, I understand you see some advantages in the way MC does it, but for us to understand what can be better, you probably need to be more specific. Because I'm not seeing any practical difference in the way it's presented to the player.
Ignore this

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

Okay then. On the list there is a button on the bottom tagged "Previous Saves" That will show a list of previous saves for that world. I do understand how you like to be able to go back to previous saves. This was just a suggestion and I do not wish to argue.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Hmm, never seen the button(As I said, haven't played MC in a while), but that's actually a pretty good idea :)
Ignore this

andzoak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by andzoak »

I would like to have save list in order like in Minecraft. Last played saves are at a top of the list. That would be more usefull to me.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. Well, as long as it isn't so I recommend so: one sub directory with all saves for one world. I think you need to create the subdirectories yourself.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”