Web based translations

Place to discuss translation contributions. Recent and
oncoming changes related to translation.
User avatar
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by Kayanor » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:38 pm

Is its name visible to the player?

User avatar
cube
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by cube » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Kajanor wrote:Is its name visible to the player?
Yes, it is.

User avatar
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by Kayanor » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:07 pm

cube wrote:
Kajanor wrote:Is its name visible to the player?
Yes, it is.
Ah ok, found it. :D

User avatar
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by Kayanor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Can you enable the Google Translator for additional machine translations, too?

User avatar
cube
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by cube » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Kajanor wrote:Can you enable the Google Translator for additional machine translations, too?
I tried, but I can't find any option to enable it there. Maybe it's not supported?

User avatar
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by Kayanor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:37 pm

cube wrote:
Kajanor wrote:Can you enable the Google Translator for additional machine translations, too?
I tried, but I can't find any option to enable it there. Maybe it's not supported?
Found this earlier this week:
Image
Source: https://crowdin.com/page/tour (above 'Tools for Developers' select the third dot to see it)

MindChanger
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:53 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by MindChanger » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:03 pm

I translated some words to polish.
I am programmer and I know a lot of english words, but don't know how exactly to translate them to polish, because we use english technical definitions.
But will try to look how it is used in polish universities.

Also what is "matching sever"?
Sever host for list of public servers?
Last edited by MindChanger on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
cube
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by cube » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Kajanor wrote:
cube wrote:
Kajanor wrote:Can you enable the Google Translator for additional machine translations, too?
I tried, but I can't find any option to enable it there. Maybe it's not supported?
Found this earlier this week:
Image
Source: https://crowdin.com/page/tour (above 'Tools for Developers' select the third dot to see it)
So I asked around the office and it won't be available, sorry about that.

User avatar
cube
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by cube » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:51 pm

MindChanger wrote:I translated some words to polish.
I am programmer and I know a lot of english words, but don't know how exactly to translate them to polish, because we use worlds in english for those words.
But will try to look how it is used in polish universities.
Thanks.
MindChanger wrote:Also what is "matching sever"?
Sever host for list of public servers?
Yes, it's the service that holds the public servers lists.

User avatar
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by Kayanor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:56 pm

cube wrote:(Stuff here...)
So I asked around the office and it won't be available, sorry about that.
No problem, I can still use Google Translator as "normal user".

MindChanger
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:53 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by MindChanger » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Translated almost everything.
I translated "matching server" as "list of games", I don't know how to translate it otherwise in short words to make it clear for the user.
Also "Show item labels in cursor" - I don't know what exactly this option does in game (tried it), so I didn't translate it as I don't know context.

Nevermind, someone translated it

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by Hexicube » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Can we get a British English option?

User avatar
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by Klonan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Hexicube wrote:Can we get a British English option?
Its not really needed :)

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by Hexicube » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Klonan wrote:
Hexicube wrote:Can we get a British English option?
Its not really needed :)
If you're using crowd-sourced languages, you may as well use it to the fullest. There's no real reason to not include it.

skyboss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by skyboss » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:43 am

Hey guys.

The PT-BR Brazilian Portuguese is pretty advanced...
There were some sentences that I could not change and had to vote for the options listed but disagreed with all of them, so only voted them down...

Digital_Cake_
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:33 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by Digital_Cake_ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:58 pm

What if your the only person doing translations? Such as Esperanto, where only a few words have been done by anyone else?
-Cake

Kamel
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:58 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by Kamel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:50 am

Are all 0.15 Strings on crowdin?
Can't find "graphics-quality-high" which is translated in german with the equivalent of "often", so not really matching.

User avatar
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by Kayanor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Kamel wrote:Are all 0.15 Strings on crowdin?
Can't find "graphics-quality-high" which is translated in german with the equivalent of "often", so not really matching.
Frequency setting "High" - should be fixed with next pull request.

Pazox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: Web based translations

Post by Pazox » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 am

I can't find the words "combined yield" for the German translation on https://crowdin.com/project/factorio/de#. It is in the tooltip on the map for crude oil fields.

A fitting translation would be "kombinierter Ertrag" (for example: "Rohöl kombinierter Ertrag 3000%").

Fallschrimjager
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 am

Re: Web based translations

Post by Fallschrimjager » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:32 am

Can you guys please add Albanian to the list? I'm ready and committed to fully translate the game into Albanian.
Thanks in advance.

Post Reply

Return to “Translations”