What are the "challenges"?

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
QwertyLion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

What are the "challenges"?

Post by QwertyLion »

I noticed the game in Twitch, saw some lets plays on YouTube, tried and loved the demo, and was about to buy the alpha, but I saw that you could purchase different "ranks" of the alpha, apparently with bonus missions and challenges.

What exactly are the challenges? The description in the rank was very general, and I'm not sure what % of the game I'll be missing out on if I only get the 13$ rank. Are they just mini bonus missions? Is it an entire campaign in length? Will the 13$ buyers eventually get everything the game has to offer at the full release (And possibly Steam release), or will the additions be extra content for only those paying extra?

Sorry if this was asked before; I already did a search on the subject, and there's nothing more specific than "added challenges for x rank and above"

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: What are the "challenges"?

Post by kovarex »

Hello
  • The additions are there partially just to allow some people to support the project more.
  • These additions are currently 3 types of challenges, one is single mission, 2 have 5 levels, some of these missions can be completed fast, some of these are quite challenging.
  • These missions have no story.
  • We plan to add different challenges to this pack.
  • If you are not sure, it is best to buy the basic game. When you explore everything and you want more, you can just upgrade the account for the price of the difference between the basic pack and scenario pack.
  • One of the challenges (Tight spot) is described in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoWxgPlIFGE

I hope you know enough now to make informed decision :)

Cipherpunk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cipherpunk »

How exactly do I upgrade later if I just want to buy the basic game first?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

You login on the site, click on buy, and you can buy the other tiers exactly the same way as the basic ones, with the exception, that you only pay the difference.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Kovarex, if there is time, please make it more visible to the users, that they need to be logged in.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Off topic”