[cube]Night vision under linux behavis

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
herumon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[cube]Night vision under linux behavis

Post by herumon »

Hi,

Under Linux Mint(basically Ubuntu) night vision behaves really strangely, images below. I use 64bit version and tried the low graphics settings, it didn't help.

Some information about the hardware

Code: Select all

$ fglrxinfo 
display: :0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
OpenGL version string: 4.2.12337 Compatibility Profile Context FireGL 9.00.11

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [cube]Night vision under linux behavis

Post by cube »

I can't reproduce this. It's probably some one off problem between drivers / graphics card / allegro.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

herumon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by herumon »

Thanks for looking into this, when I'll play it on that machine(not in the near future, it's not my main machine), I'll update drivers etc. and try again, maybe something will appear.

Blackence
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blackence »

I've never used night vision so I don't know if this is a general linux problem.

I just wanted to recommend to herumon that he could try using the open source AMD driver if the issue persists with latest catalyst. I'm not sure how Mint handles this, in Ubuntu I can select which driver to use in a special tool.

Both drivers (fglrx + free mesa driver) are know to have issues, but maybe only fglrx fails with night vision while open source crashes with factorio versions older than 0.10.4, but that is fixed now. Generally, fglrx seems to have more features but also more bugs/crashes, while mesa lags behind feature-wise but appears to be pretty stable and since it now does the power management / fan control correctly, it might be a good choice when fglrx fails.

Darkhogg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkhogg »

I know this is an old post but I just want to confirm that this bug is still present.
I'm on Manjaro, with the latest Catalyst driver, and the behavior is exactly the same (lights are seen black).

$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series   
OpenGL version string: 4.5.13397 Compatibility Profile Context 13.251
Changing to free drivers is not an option for me, though. They just don't work with my graphics card.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Darkhogg wrote:I know this is an old post but I just want to confirm that this bug is still present.
I'm on Manjaro, with the latest Catalyst driver, and the behavior is exactly the same (lights are seen black).

$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series   
OpenGL version string: 4.5.13397 Compatibility Profile Context 13.251
Changing to free drivers is not an option for me, though. They just don't work with my graphics card.
When was the last time you tried and what was the problem? That card should have been supported just fine for quite a while now.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Return to “1 / 0 magic”