[MOD 0.15] Satellite Uplink Station 1.1.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.5

Post by Supercheese »

xlomkn wrote:Really nice mod. Thanks.

Could you add support for mods "AAI Programmable Vehicles" and "AAI Zones" so that we have an "Unit Remote Controller" and a "Zone Planner" when uplinked?

Unit Remote Controller (unit-remote-control) is given by AAI Programmable Vehicles
Zone Planner (zone-planner) by AAI Zones
Sure thing! You can now use them while uplinked as of v1.0.6. :)

BlackKnight
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.6

Post by BlackKnight »

Navigation Speed, Map integration

I just started playing with this today and can certainly see advantages compared to other mods that let you manipulate remote viewing.

The major disadvantage/frustration I have with this mod is it takes sooo long to navigate between points in a large map. In my opinion, there are two options to solve this:
  • Solution A. Allow incremental speed changes via dropdown/other mechanic GUI.
  • Solution B. (Also useful in its own right). Allow navigation via map view. So once in sat uplink station + map view, when moving keep the sat centered so it will always zoom out to where you stopped instead of returning to where you left the sat uplink nav when you were using it last. A point and click option to select where to zoom to in the map view would also be useful. Perhaps via a tool like the Ion Cannon Targeting Device [item] that appears when entering the station with the Ion cannon mod
Separate issues, I would find it much less confusing if when exiting the uplink station the player is spit out below it rather than above as a player cant determine if they have exited unless they move away from the building. Another: resolving moving while on belts is I suspect an issue with the game as other mods like drones has the same issue, but would also be nice to have resolved.

Thanks

xlomkn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xlomkn »

Sure thing! You can now use them while uplinked as of v1.0.6.
Thanks!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.14] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.5

Post by Earendel »

Supercheese wrote:
xlomkn wrote:Really nice mod. Thanks.

Could you add support for mods "AAI Programmable Vehicles" and "AAI Zones" so that we have an "Unit Remote Controller" and a "Zone Planner" when uplinked?

Unit Remote Controller (unit-remote-control) is given by AAI Programmable Vehicles
Zone Planner (zone-planner) by AAI Zones
Sure thing! You can now use them while uplinked as of v1.0.6. :)
That's great, thanks.

LBManiac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LBManiac »

Dang I left a bit of time between reading this and actually making the uplink and sent it into space and then read again and it needs to be placed and entered.

Nice mod, enjoying the ion cannon mod too! (bar the siren every time it fires with the auto targeting - maybe something more subtle to alert when fired?)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I'm not sure, if this is the failure of Satellite Uplink or AutoTrash. Or a third mod. :)

Code: Select all

Passed index is out of range stack traceback: __AutoTrash__/control.lua:184: in function 'requested_items' __AutoTrash__/control.lua:247: in function <__AutoTrash__/control.lua:237>: [C]: in function 'pcall'  __AutoTrash__/control.lua:237: in function <__AutoTrash__/control.lua:235>
This happened, when left the Satellite Uplink, after researched another tier of request slots.

Edit: Maybe also this viewtopic.php?f=93&t=9352&hilit=MoreLogisticSlots
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

Incompatibility report: Satellite uplink station 1.0.6 is incompatible with surfaces remake 0.0.8 ( https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Erdbeerb ... ces_remake )

I can safely say that its the fault of surfaces remake as that mod is also incompatibile with creative mode 0.2.8

Dave64738
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dave64738 »

Found another possible bug. Whenever I enter the uplink station the game immediately crashes with this message:

Error while running event on_player_driving_changed_state (ID 26)
Blueprint has to have at least one icon.
stack traceback:
__Satellite Uplink Station__/control.lua:208: in function 'insertBlueprint'
__Satellite Uplink Station__/control.lua:222: in function 'insertBlueprintBook'
__Satellite Uplink Station__/control.lua:293: in function <__Satellite Uplink Station__/control.lua:256>

Any suggestions?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Dave64738 wrote:Found another possible bug. Whenever I enter the uplink station the game immediately crashes with this message:

Error while running event on_player_driving_changed_state (ID 26)
Blueprint has to have at least one icon.
stack traceback:
__Satellite Uplink Station__/control.lua:208: in function 'insertBlueprint'
__Satellite Uplink Station__/control.lua:222: in function 'insertBlueprintBook'
__Satellite Uplink Station__/control.lua:293: in function <__Satellite Uplink Station__/control.lua:256>

Any suggestions?
If you're trying to use this mod in 0.15, I haven't updated it at all yet, and there's a very good chance I won't -- it seems that the new zoom-to-map feature has made the Uplink Station completely obsolete.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Supercheese wrote: If you're trying to use this mod in 0.15, I haven't updated it at all yet, and there's a very good chance I won't -- it seems that the new zoom-to-map feature has made the Uplink Station completely obsolete.
I think it still has it's place.
Map zoom only displays areas covered by radar. Satellite Uplink allows you to see in uncovered areas and even explore new chunks.

Maybe you can even find a way to disable map zoom until at least one uplink station is built for hardcore realism players. ;)

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Slayn25 »

If you are looking for ideas in regards to adapting your space mods to 0.15 I had an idea for a supercheese space suite

Rocket Inventory Items
1. Probe - Launch into space to receive Space Science. Requires Satellite Uplink Station.
2. Satellite - Launch (1 time) into space to gain omni zoom-to-map vision.
3. Orbital Ion Canon - BURN!!!

Satellite Uplink Station
-After launching probe, Space Science Packs are created here (not in rocket silos.)
-Enables setting of Orbital Ion Canon auto-target area (no need for radar outposts.)

MajorTom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MajorTom »

Supercheese wrote:
If you're trying to use this mod in 0.15, I haven't updated it at all yet, and there's a very good chance I won't -- it seems that the new zoom-to-map feature has made the Uplink Station completely obsolete.
That would be a shame, I use it a lot to explore late-game. I don't find that functionality mirrored in the new zoom-to-map at all and I've been waiting for the 15 update. I also second the map integration mentioned above, with zooming to a clear view anywhere on the map. That would make it closer to an actual satellite view.

Please consider doing the update. I extensively use both this one and the Ion Canon (thank you very much for that mod, btw) in tandem.

Even if you don't update it, thanks for the mod(s) anyways, I appreciate your work.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Since it seems there is enough demand -- and considering zoom-to-map doesn't let you explore new chunks -- I'll start on an update for v0.15.

Germanfragger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Germanfragger »

Thank you very much cant wait till its finished!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Satellite Uplink Station 1.1.0

Post by Supercheese »

Updated for 0.15!

Gone is the lag that could sometimes arise when entering an Uplink Station when you had a lot of blueprints in blueprint books -- now with 0.15's Blueprint Library, you can just grab any of your stored blueprints at any time while uplinked!
See the first post for the full changelog and download.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Glad to have the uplink back in 0.15.

Could you change combinators, inserters and other circuit network entities being usable from uplink?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Optera wrote:Glad to have the uplink back in 0.15.

Could you change combinators, inserters and other circuit network entities being usable from uplink?
Enabling the "Full Control" option, as shown here, will allow you to operate those entities:
Attachments
FullControl.png
FullControl.png (440.22 KiB) Viewed 6654 times

MajorTom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MajorTom »

Thanks!

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Supercheese wrote:
Optera wrote:Glad to have the uplink back in 0.15.

Enabling the "Full Control" option, as shown here, will allow you to operate those entities:
Thanks I didn't expect that option to already exist.

With that option enabled I can do some remote managment, but some things irk me as I either need to deconstruct and blueprint or go there myself:
Selection tools like merging chest, screenshot from picker extended or the wands from creative mode are removed the moment they are created.
Connecting/disconnecting wires, something not working in map zoom, would improve quality of life.
Movement speed is pretty low taking me a good minute of "running" to reach the far outposts. Either a way to teleport to a map locaton or some cheaty exos for the fake power armor would be nice.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Optera wrote:With that option enabled I can do some remote managment, but some things irk me as I either need to deconstruct and blueprint or go there myself:
Selection tools like merging chest, screenshot from picker extended or the wands from creative mode are removed the moment they are created.
Connecting/disconnecting wires, something not working in map zoom, would improve quality of life.
Movement speed is pretty low taking me a good minute of "running" to reach the far outposts. Either a way to teleport to a map locaton or some cheaty exos for the fake power armor would be nice.
I've just uploaded v1.1.1 which adds support for Creative Mode & Picker Extended. As for teleporting around the map, I'll look into something, maybe involving custom map markers...

Return to “Mods”