cant play game

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
HvMetal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

cant play game

Post by HvMetal »

Not sure what happened with game was playing earlier today without problem. then when I tried to get back on game I couldnt load my saves and when i tried to start new maps get error msg at least one tile type has to be allowed and the choice box is obviously to small and I cant see hardly any map choices like I could before. there are no scenarios listed under start new campain and when I try the custom secnario base/sandbox or freestyle i get error msg player prototype required but missing.
I have tried uninstalling game with uninstall and reinstalling also manually deleted all files. redownloaded the full install with restart of computer nothing changes .. not sure what to do .. anyone see this problem before??? any ideas or fixes????

gnemonix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: cant play game

Post by gnemonix »

If you are getting screens like these:

You problably disabled the Base Mod.

Turn it back on and restart the game to enable the change.

--
Happy building!

HvMetal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HvMetal »

I didnt see base mod on my mod list but I also dont think I disabled it. Cant know for sure know because I ended up deleting everything and doing a reinstall. This did not work using the install version download I had to use the zip file. When I did this I was giving the screen that asked for my account information, previous reinstalls using the install download version did not ask for my account information. I had deleted everything and did a reboot and then downloaded the install version of game and was not given the log inscreen and could not get game to run. I also shut down computer prior to the reinstall not sure if this had any effect.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

In that case it was probably deleted on your system or you lost permissions to it. Reinstall of the game should help :-)
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Return to “Gameplay Help”