[0.15.x] Petrochem Plus

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.14.x][Angel's petrochem] Petrochem Plus

Post by Zarnoo »

Sorry, this might eba stupid question, but what are materials like acrylonitrile for ? I can't see any end product, so why would you spend time making something which just fills up your storage ?

Z

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Acrylonitrile is used in ABS, a plastic
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Well. Saw this on wikipedia:

..and decided to vote Polyurethanes because they are more useful I think. They should be basically used in anything we normally build in the game..armors, cars, trains, aircraft, rockets and so on.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

The poll has ended. Polyurethanes will be added in 0.1.0. I'm however only going to really make and release it when 0.15 arrives.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

kinnom wrote:I'm however only going to really make and release it when 0.15 arrives.
I hope you know that this means more than a month of waiting at best for 0.15 to arrive plus another unspecified amount of time while Angel updates his mods as well.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

hoho wrote:
kinnom wrote:I'm however only going to really make and release it when 0.15 arrives.
I hope you know that this means more than a month of waiting at best for 0.15 to arrive plus another unspecified amount of time while Angel updates his mods as well.
The thing is, polyurethanes are a whole class of polymers. There are already 7 different recipes for plastic, and it is getting harder to make the recipes balanced against eachother whilst not making endgame recipes completely overpowered or early plastics requiring a megafactory to produce enough. The 0.15 overhaul in angel's mods will provide many opportunities to add new petrochemical materials, like polyurethane foams, polyester and polyamide fibers, epoxy for composites etcetera. Adding them first as plastics and later only using them for other materials would mean that it wouldn't be a feasible source of plastic for long and that it would be better to not use those recipes at all.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Ah, ok. I thought you were saying you stop adding features to your mod until 0.15 is released.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Petrochem Plus

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use ammonium chloride gas?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

ammonium chloride is added by angel's petrochem. I don't know why it was added

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

In advance I apologize for a little silly question
Nitrous oxide gas and nitric oxide gas is two different resources in ur mod kinnom??? They have icons similar at each other approximately for 99%, in the beginning I thought that it is the same resource, in principle and has to be and I thought that I will have several ways of his production, it has turned out that isn't present
But why you have divided them? May be its logical error, or I misunderstand a chemical formula of these resources?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

one is NO the other one N2O

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Possible Bug Report: I was having an issue crafting cyan catalysts where the machine crafting them would never 'finish'. The bar would fill and no good would ever appear in the output slot. It appears that the stack size of "catalyst-metal-cyan" in items.lua is listed as 1. Changing it to 10 fixed everything.

That aside, I'm enjoying the complexity this mod adds very much. Thank you.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use huge amounts of nitrous oxide? I can use it inly for plastic fo now, but may we can find new possible ways where to use it?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

aklesey1 wrote:Where to use huge amounts of nitrous oxide? I can use it inly for plastic fo now, but may we can find new possible ways where to use it?
Are you producing too much nitrous oxide? Then maybe I should reduce the production of it a bit.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm producing too many ammonium sulfate, what i can say, heh :roll: , i'm using ammonium sulfate first of all before using "Nitrous oxide" recipe
Kinom, pls don't nerf nitrous oxide it's really can b useful, i think we simply must find new ways where to use it

And sometimes i think - where to get so many benzene with yellow catalysts :mrgreen: for phenol

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Can't find recipe for phosgene gas, technology for it is researched? How to update recipes or technologies?
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

phosgene is among the chlorine recipes

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

kinnom wrote:phosgene is among the chlorine recipes
I know, but its not active, how to make it active? I don't remember may i'm stared this game before i installed ur mod? and chlorine processing was researched before

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Not really a bug, but just an observation: Installed the mod on top of petrochem at the stage of late blue science and had some issues.
The new production procedures looks extremely interesting, but the nitric acid production had a bit of a conundrum: You would need nitric acid to produce nitric acid. Not in itself a huge problem as long as the yield was great and if another source of nitric acid could be found. But if there is such a source I never found it. So I assume that its a late installment issue and I'm very much looking forward to giving it another go in a later campaign.

Orib0ck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Orib0ck »

aklesey1 wrote:
kinnom wrote:phosgene is among the chlorine recipes
I know, but its not active, how to make it active? I don't remember may i'm stared this game before i installed ur mod? and chlorine processing was researched before
Most players don't have that problem because they don't add mods to a running game.

I know, it's maybe a little bit late, but for the future:
This will reset that specific research and if you "re-research" it, the new recipes will show up in the inventory:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies["HERE_TECHNOLOGY_NAME"].researched = false
For example with chlorine processing 1 from Angel's Petrochem:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies["chlorine-processing-1"].researched = false
@kinnom
(I'm using full Bob's and Angel's)
I found two bugs: One in the locale at advanced chemistry 5 and another one at the cyan-metal-catalyst, where you should increase the stack size to 100.
Are you releasing PCP 0.0.5 when Factorio 0.15 will be released (And Angel's and Bob's be updated)? Pls, I like the mod :)

Return to “Angels Mods”