Train privilages block

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

krzysiek050
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train privilages block

Post by krzysiek050 »

Problem:
When i start using trains, i make trains from 1 locomotive + 4 cargo. My entire infrastructure was adjusted to this setting and work perfectly. But on in some time this small setting wasn't enough. So next tracks with semaphores was build for train consisting of 3 locomotive + 8 cargo. I connect both train network, because the new branch make products for old branch of fabric. And everything works, but only for some time. In some conditions, my new trains choose track by old branch witch was maladjusted for long trains and i has deadlocks. This happen rarely, when semaphores states block route, but still. My current solution is separation this two branches of tracks, but is hard to manage, and i hasn't so fun train architecture :P.

Solution:
The solution is, blocks with privileges. An additional semaphore, when i choose signal like in circuit network, and trains can't exceed it if it hasn't privilages. For my described network, 5 long trains can choose any track, but 11 long trains can't pass privileges semaphore on track which leads to old branch of fabric.

I think this is not so hard to implement, but correct me if i'm wrong.

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Train privilages block

Post by deepdriller »

The english word for what you call "fabric" is factory. That's why the game is called Factorio.
"Fabric" is what clothes are made of.
Here's the real solution to your problem.
But seriously, you should use more chain signals. Or adjust your network to accomodate your trains. Not suggest some... crutch for bad players.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Train privilages block

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=21899 Control Train Pathfinder (Passthru stations, Add Penalty)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”