GUI modification

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

GUI modification

Post by tommygunner70 »

OK I don't know if this is the right place for it but here goes;

is there a way to modify the position of the toolbelt? I use a few mods that extend the tool belt (I have up to 6 toolbars now) but sadly I feel that they cover too much of the center of the screen.
Seeing as I only just made my first mod for factorio (harmless plug is hopefully harmless), by looking at (outdated) mods on how they did things, reverse engineering and general dicking around with the code until my mod did what I wanted it too do. (not very eloquent a way to do it, I admit. but hey I'm still learning and I learn best by example and general trying until it either works or crashes and burns.)

if it at all possible I would like to allign the toolbelt to the left of the screen instead of the center. it would be even better if I just had a hot key to show and hide the toolbelt on demand.

TL:DR: How make Toolbelt go to left side of screen instead of center!

NOTE: forgive any spelling or grammer mistakes, English is not my first language.
Last edited by tommygunner70 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: GUI modification

Post by Nexela »

The base gui elements are not changeable unfortunately. Your only options at this point are show the toolbars or hide the toolbars.

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

ok is there a built in command for that or a key bind?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

You can toggle the visibility of the toolbar and other parts of the screen using LuaPlayer.html#LuaPlayer.game_view_settings

Check out my mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/daniel34 ... p-autohide on how to do this in code. It also adds hotkeys to show/hide GUI elements.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I added the ability to toggle the visibility for individual custom GUI elements for 0.15.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

Thanks Daniel, your mod did the trick.

@Rseding91: Cool, Hoping to be able to play the 0.15 soon, already have my Factorio set to the latest experimental in Steam. :D
Eagerly awaiting the liquid train wagon and the new pumps.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

It would be great if we could create a custom GUI in place of hidden vanilla GUI element (eg. hide normal equipment bar and replace with our own custom implementation).
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

dewiniaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dewiniaid »

Or if we could simply move the elements (or Vanilla allowed it as an option)

Keybinds for the second 20 slots would be handy too -- maybe ctrl-# and alt-#

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Hi i was going to try and take some screenshots of my v0.14 base, with the current campaign, and also found myself searching for a way to hide the toolbelt.
(it has grown to 3 rows deep now, thanks to some research) :)

daniel, im already using your cool toggle minimap mod :)
and nexela, i heared about you on some arumba playthroughs, he's happy with your fixes to certain things, though when you mentioned above that the game currently only supports fully showing and fully hiding the toolbar, could you help me understand how please? i could only see things in the config game menus for Toggle Main Map, Menu, and Console.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Return to “Modding discussion”