Topics and discussion about specific mods
theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.17] Crafting Combinator

Post by theRustyKnife »

Crafting Combinator

Description:

Allows you to switch the recipe of an assembler (and other machines). There's also a recipe combinator for finding recipe ingredients.

Details:

This thread is meant for questions and discussion only - please post bugs and suggestions on the mod portal or GitHub. Thanks

Downloads on the mod portal
Last edited by theRustyKnife on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 43 times in total.

Grogg13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Crafting Combinator

Post by Grogg13 »

what happens to the unused items still in the machine when the recipie is changed or turned off?
it seems to me there being deleted

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Grogg13 wrote:what happens to the unused items still in the machine when the recipie is changed or turned off?
it seems to me there being deleted
Yes, that's the way it is for now, but I may try to do something about it.
The problem is, I don't know what :|
It wouldn't make much sense to drop the items on the ground and there's no simple way to put them back where they came from.
The only idea that makes some amount of sense is to have a hidden active provider chest which the items would be put into so your bots could put them back into the logistic network. There could also be another entity that you could place next to the assembler that would receive all the excess items, but that would take an extra input tile from the assembler.
I think what I will do is try those options in my next playthrough and see what works and what does not. Until then, you'll just have to be careful when you're switching your assemblers... :?

Cheers TRK

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.3 is out and it sort of fixes the issue of items being deleted. They're moved to an active provider for bot pickup.
I'll look into making the chest somehow accessible by the player directly, but this seems ok for now.
Cheers TRK

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Speadge »

What happens if i dont want to use / empty the chest?
Im totally fine with items vanishing since i dont want to handle them further. Could u make it optional? What happens with a full chest?

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Speadge wrote:What happens if i dont want to use / empty the chest?
Im totally fine with items vanishing since i dont want to handle them further. Could u make it optional? What happens with a full chest?
It is actually optional, you can turn it off by setting the combinator to off. This will (unless I fucked up and didn't notice) stop the items from being put into the chest while still allowing you to set the recipe.
You can copy paste it too if you need a lot of combinators changed.
Cheers TRK

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.3.1 is released:
* Fixed wrong path for no-icon icon and an error in migration script ([5869](https://mods.factorio.com/mods/theRusty ... ssion/5869))

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.3.2 is released:
* Fixed crash when placing a combinator after reloading a game ([5908](https://mods.factorio.com/mods/theRusty ... ssion/5908))

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Version 0.3.3 released.
Changes:
* Fixed a crash caused by a rounding error in recipe combinator

Bylo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bylo »

Can you create pictured instruction?
(Me english language it poor)

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Bylo wrote:Can you create pictured instruction?
(Me english language it poor)
Yes, but after the next update. There are going to be some bigger changes so I'd have to redo it :|

Cheers TRK

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Could you enhance this so that it works with my recycling machines as well as vanilla assemblers please? And perhaps Bob's Assembly machines too?

The recycling machines are just assemblers with different entity names, and recipe categories. My mod is at https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/ZRecycling

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

DRY411S wrote:Could you enhance this so that it works with my recycling machines as well as vanilla assemblers please? And perhaps Bob's Assembly machines too?

The recycling machines are just assemblers with different entity names, and recipe categories. My mod is at https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/ZRecycling
The mod should work with any assembler type. I did a couple of quick tests with bobs assemblers and your recyclers and they seem to work.
The problem I'm seeing with your mod is that the virtual recipes don't get created properly, however, I haven't tested it with the companion locale mod (linked on the mod portal page) which might change things.

Regardless, I have quite a backlog of things for this mod that I'd like to work on during this weekend, so I'll check how well it works when I'm going to be at it.

Cheers TRK

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

theRustyKnife wrote:
DRY411S wrote:Could you enhance this so that it works with my recycling machines as well as vanilla assemblers please? And perhaps Bob's Assembly machines too?

The mod should work with any assembler type. I did a couple of quick tests with bobs assemblers and your recyclers and they seem to work.
The problem I'm seeing with your mod is that the virtual recipes don't get created properly, however, I haven't tested it with the companion locale mod (linked on the mod portal page) which might change things.

Regardless, I have quite a backlog of things for this mod that I'd like to work on during this weekend, so I'll check how well it works when I'm going to be at it.

Cheers TRK
Thanks for the quick response. My mod names the recycling 'reverse' recipes with exactly the same name as it finds, but with the 'dry411s_' prefix.

HoraZ86
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HoraZ86 »

Hey rusty

I resently found out about our mod, and started using it, its a preaty usefull mod and i love to use it.

Bud sadl i had to discover, that our mod is not compatible with the recycling mod from DRY411S
I even tred to use combinators but either your or his mod are not implemanting the reccling recipes to the logic symbol categorie.

do you know a wa to make them compatible?

i would love to build a universal recycling machine

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

HoraZ86 wrote:Hey rusty

I resently found out about our mod, and started using it, its a preaty usefull mod and i love to use it.

Bud sadl i had to discover, that our mod is not compatible with the recycling mod from DRY411S
I even tred to use combinators but either your or his mod are not implemanting the reccling recipes to the logic symbol categorie.

do you know a wa to make them compatible?

i would love to build a universal recycling machine
Hi,
I've been aware of that issue for some time now, but unfortunately haven't had the time to look into it :(
I'm pretty sure that it is an issue on my side and that it can be fixed, I'll just have to find the time to do it.

The pile of things I need to do with this mod is getting scarily big, but my schedule seems to be clearing up a bit lately, so hopefully I will be able to put some work into this.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the mod (gives the work some amount of sense :P).

Cheers TRK

HoraZ86
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HoraZ86 »

Dont worry, i will still use your mod.
Today i build a facility with the warehouse mod, wich produces raffineries, pumpjacks, chimical plants, offshore Pumps, pipes and underground pipes, with just one crafting machiene and your crafting combinator.
All of them up to specific amounts e.g. 200 pipes, 5 refineries and so on. So far, its working pretty good :D

HoraZ86
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HoraZ86 »

Hey, its me again, i just wanted to ask, if There is a way to deactivate the virtual active provider chest of the combinator? After some testing, i realised that inserters and loaders are able to unload the combinator, after it has stoped the assembly machine and took out the remaining ingridients.

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

HoraZ86 wrote:Hey, its me again, i just wanted to ask, if There is a way to deactivate the virtual active provider chest of the combinator? After some testing, i realised that inserters and loaders are able to unload the combinator, after it has stoped the assembly machine and took out the remaining ingridients.
There's currently no way of doing that. It does seem like a good thing to add to my todo list though ;)

Cheers TRK

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

You should add a product combinator :) So you can get both the recipie and product!

Return to “Mods”