[0.14.21] Sendto failed Requested address not valid

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.14.21] Sendto failed Requested address not valid

Post by roy7 »

I find if I use the in-game server browser and just sort by players and then quickly join a server, I don't have any issues. However if I sort by players, then sort by time, and click on multiple servers to glance at the players list... it's pretty likely when I finally do click Connect I'll get an immediate error like this one:

Log attached. It seems to think the server's IP address is 0.0.0.0.

The server itself is fine, if I go back into search and type 'sunday' it has 5 players and when I connect it has no issues joining. The failure result is only if I do some sort changes first (and maybe click on a couple different servers first). But it's virtually guaranteed to fail the way I normally look around at servers first before choosing one.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Log file
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.14.21] Sendto failed Requested address not valid

Post by cube »

Can you please try enabling verbose logging ("Options" / "Other" / "Verbose logging"), try again and post the log file? Thanks.

Also, in the log you posted -- were you connecting to the same server both times? Have you tried with different servers?

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

I get this all the time, I think it's because I double click on the server name in the listing too quickly.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

You're right :). In 0.15 you won't be able to click the button before the server address is downloaded. Thanks for the report.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”