Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.x] AnonyMods - Overhaul mod

Post by AnonymoScoot »

AnonyMods
License
Images
Long description
Changelog
Please, be aware that some bugs may happen when changing variables in config.lua, if it will throw an error, report it so I can fix it faster.
Also, not much tested in multiplayer but should be compatible there too.

New updates will replace Config.lua files with the ones the update comes with, if you wish to have the same configuration as the last time, save your old Config file and add any missing lines from the new one.
Attachments
AnonyMods_0.5.0.zip
(90.81 MiB) Downloaded 201 times
Last edited by AnonymoScoot on Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 31 times in total.

NekoDwarf
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] AnonyMods - Overhaul mod

Post by NekoDwarf »

It is will be cool. if you will add better description (what technologies ? recipes? entities etc)
P.S. Sorry for my English.
P.P.S : Bob , Yuoki , Angel I love you.

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

NekoDwarf wrote:It is will be cool. if you will add better description (what technologies ? recipes? entities etc)
I am currently working on adding pictures so you have better visualization.

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cyres »

This looks pretty cool, how far this mod is compatible with other big mods (like Bobs, angels etc.)?

NekoDwarf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NekoDwarf »

And very important question : your mod better than bob's mod ? (I'm not saying that your mod is bad, making any mod is cool thing - just quickspot didnt give me any reason add your mod to my library).
May be it is better focus on unique things (tier N armor etc it is not unique)?
P.S. Anyway, good job M8 !
P.S. Sorry for my English.
P.P.S : Bob , Yuoki , Angel I love you.

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

NekoDwarf wrote:And very important question : your mod better than bob's mod ? (I'm not saying that your mod is bad, making any mod is cool thing - just quickspot didnt give me any reason add your mod to my library).
May be it is better focus on unique things (tier N armor etc it is not unique)?
P.S. Anyway, good job M8 !
It adds new types of entities ( like burner generators, wind turbines ) and gameplay functions ( inserter, pipe adjustment ), but I'm still developing it and would like to add new entity tiers and new enemies

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Is it compatible with bob's and angel's mods?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

kinnom wrote:Is it compatible with bob's and angel's mods?
Not in the current state, after i finish adding more stuff into the mod I can start thinking about that, you can disable parts of my mod to not make duplicates of existing prototypes from other mods, but with other big mods like Bob's it would need a lot of tweaking.

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

This is a very good mod, reminds me of Narmod. Complex and also trying to be realistic.

Well done!!!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Very impressive really cool, I have seen that you have paid attention to details
I like new resources - mercury, magnesium, lime, cinnabar, phosphorus

It will be really mega awesome if it will be compatible with all angel mods
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

aklesey1 wrote:Very impressive really cool, I have seen that you have paid attention to details
I like new resources - mercury, magnesium, lime, cinnabar, phosphorus

It will be really mega awesome if it will be compatible with all angel mods
After I'm done adding new stuff then I can think of making everything compatible with other mods. I have made Config.lua file just for this reason, you can disable/enable any part of the mod.

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

I think i found a problem: I cannot produce solar panels or large solar panels in an assembly machine, only handcraft them.

Edit: Ok i got it, it needs an assembly machine 3 :)

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

Catbert wrote:I think i found a problem: I cannot produce solar panels or large solar panels in an assembly machine, only handcraft them.

Edit: Ok i got it, it needs an assembly machine 3 :)
Yeah the ingredient count on assemblers have been tweaked.

Bluefiremax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bluefiremax »

Hey, love the mod so far, but maybe add a description of how to use all the new machines? Most are pretty intuitive, but a few not so much. I've been able to figure out a lot through trial and error.

As a side note: I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the Ground Digger and Greenhouse set up. I have water pipes and saplings in the greenhouse, but no matter where I seem to set the ground digger and provide a power line, it will not dig ground, I can't access the inventory, and I can't acquire anything from it. How do I acquire the soil for the greenhouse then?
Note: I am using another mod called Alien Bioimes, not sure if this is affecting the ground digger or I am just setting it up improperly
[/stirke]

Anyways, Amazing mod and good response times to everyone's questions! I'm impressed

Edit: I tried to inserter method as well. After some experimenting with disabling Alien Biomes I believe that mod to be the issue. Unfortunately, that is what my current survival world is generated off of, so if I can't find a solution It may mean a total restart for me which would suck.

Edit 2: After experimenting with the Alien Biomes mod, I found that the ground digger does work, but you have to find the right type of soil otherwise it will not operate. I had to go quite a ways to find soil I could dig.
Last edited by Bluefiremax on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Bluefiremax wrote:As a side note: I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the Ground Digger and Greenhouse set up. I have water pipes and saplings in the greenhouse, but no matter where I seem to set the ground digger and provide a power line, it will not dig ground, I can't access the inventory, and I can't acquire anything from it. How do I acquire the soil for the greenhouse then?
Sometimes it's better not to overthink it: you just put the Ground Digger down and extract soil using an inserter. Depending on the kind of soil (I think it depends on the ground tiles) you set the recipe for the Greenhouse.
My greenhouse setup
@AnonymoScoot: Nice mod btw, I have really been enjoying the 9 hours I already spent on my anonymods map and the challenges I faced there :)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

daniel34 wrote:
Bluefiremax wrote:As a side note: I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the Ground Digger and Greenhouse set up. I have water pipes and saplings in the greenhouse, but no matter where I seem to set the ground digger and provide a power line, it will not dig ground, I can't access the inventory, and I can't acquire anything from it. How do I acquire the soil for the greenhouse then?
Sometimes it's better not to overthink it: you just put the Ground Digger down and extract soil using an inserter. Depending on the kind of soil (I think it depends on the ground tiles) you set the recipe for the Greenhouse.
My greenhouse setup
@AnonymoScoot: Nice mod btw, I have really been enjoying the 9 hours I already spent on my anonymods map and the challenges I faced there :)
The ground digger is an assembling machine which picks up recipe depending on which tile it is placed on, and to prevent players from changing the recipe, the script tells it to not be operable, disallowing players to pick stuff from it, you need to use inserters to pick up items from it, as for other mods that change tiles, it's incompatible with them

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

AnonymoScoot wrote:
daniel34 wrote:
My greenhouse setup
The ground digger is an assembling machine which picks up recipe depending on which tile it is placed on, and to prevent players from changing the recipe, the script tells it to not be operable, disallowing players to pick stuff from it, you need to use inserters to pick up items from it, as for other mods that change tiles, it's incompatible with them
Any idea what will happen if it's placed on tiles added by other mods?
(I'm trying a playthrough with your overhaul and I have alien biomes mod)

GodFire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GodFire »

orzelek wrote:
AnonymoScoot wrote: The ground digger is an assembling machine which picks up recipe depending on which tile it is placed on, and to prevent players from changing the recipe, the script tells it to not be operable, disallowing players to pick stuff from it, you need to use inserters to pick up items from it, as for other mods that change tiles, it's incompatible with them
I'm guessing that the Alien Biomes Mod adds such tiles that this mod is incompatible with...
EDIT: Probably nothing happens on those.
Meaning the ground tiles underneath the ground digger.

Without knowing more about the mod, you might be able to get the ground digger to work with the mod if you find a vanilla forest biome and set up a whole bunch of ground diggers and ship the dirt to your factory :D

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

orzelek wrote:
AnonymoScoot wrote:
daniel34 wrote:
My greenhouse setup
The recipe for ground digger depends on the tile you placed it on, the tiles are hardcoded into the script, and if you place it on an undefined tile, the script can't find matching tile. The reason there are 4 different soils is so you don't need to travel to find grass when you spawn in desert.

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

I now host a server using this mod:

Server thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=39200

Return to “Mods”