Is this a Resolution Problem?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
butfield
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Is this a Resolution Problem?

Post by butfield »

Is there a way i can change the resolution? I cant see my pressurized bar.
Attachments
ssss.png
ssss.png (2.03 MiB) Viewed 3595 times

urza99814
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Is this a Resolution Problem?

Post by urza99814 »

In the game options menu there's a setting for UI scale. Reduce that a little and it should take care of that issue.

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeanoa »

butfield wrote:Is there a way i can change the resolution? I cant see my pressurized bar.
Still happens to me playing on WQHD. Imo the right side information bar should be broader. It's not visible most of the time, so that doesn't obstruct vision either.

urza99814 wrote:In the game options menu there's a setting for UI scale. Reduce that a little and it should take care of that issue.
I tried using that. Reduced UI scale to 90%, but that made all kind of interface text very hard to read to due poor rescaling.

urza99814
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by urza99814 »

Yeah, the scaling has some issues... I find some settings work better than others, so like 90% might not be readable but 88% might for example. I keep mine at 80% and don't have any issues, but YMMV I guess...

I do agree it would be nice if they tried to shrink it a bit so that isn't necessary though. I've played on several computers, laptops and desktops, and NONE can fit the UI at full scale... I dunno what crazy resolution the devs are using where that actually works...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

urza99814 wrote:Yeah, the scaling has some issues... I find some settings work better than others, so like 90% might not be readable but 88% might for example. I keep mine at 80% and don't have any issues, but YMMV I guess...

I do agree it would be nice if they tried to shrink it a bit so that isn't necessary though. I've played on several computers, laptops and desktops, and NONE can fit the UI at full scale... I dunno what crazy resolution the devs are using where that actually works...
Do you have problems on Full HD res?
I don't recall running into anything serious other then logistic networks with lots of items running out of space. And I'm not using any scaling.
I didn't use Uranium Power so it's possible that reactor has something specific that causes this.

Also make sure that you have your windows set up to native resolution and no scaling. I think that Windows 10 scaling is not fully supported and can mess up UI a bit.

urza99814
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by urza99814 »

orzelek wrote:
urza99814 wrote:Yeah, the scaling has some issues... I find some settings work better than others, so like 90% might not be readable but 88% might for example. I keep mine at 80% and don't have any issues, but YMMV I guess...

Do you have problems on Full HD res?
I don't recall running into anything serious other then logistic networks with lots of items running out of space. And I'm not using any scaling.
I didn't use Uranium Power so it's possible that reactor has something specific that causes this.

Also make sure that you have your windows set up to native resolution and no scaling. I think that Windows 10 scaling is not fully supported and can mess up UI a bit.
Yeah i *think* my main display would be configured for 1080p, but it might only be 720. Also played on a few laptops with the usual 1366x768. So yeah maybe my main *is* only using 720p, I'll have to check when I get home. I don't use any mods; I have this issue with things like steam engines. I can't see the power output bars without reducing the scale.

Definitely not a Windows issue though -- I play on a Fedora box :)

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

1920 x 1080 with 100% UI scale seems to be the best configuration, though logistics contents still get pushed off the screen when you hover over a roboport.

UI rework should be coming with 0.15 that fixes all these problems.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

Disabling minimap helps a lot

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Even in vanilla 1920x1080 fullscreen you can get cutoffs with the train sidebar (100% scaling):
I usually play in windowed 1080p though and with the extra removed space from the window title and windows taskbar the wagon contents can be barely readable or unreadable. When it's modded then the yellow mods line uses up extra space, leaving the wagon contents completely unreadable.

I think the culprit in this particular case is the description for the train; As a new player I only need to receive this information once somehow (the mini tutorials the devs are working on for example), there's no need to display them every time I hover above a locomotive and taking precious space in the sidebar.

I was concerned about mods using this space to give a small description of the item because players routinely use mods and they contain lots of unfamiliar items, but I also just noticed that hovering over items in the crafting window will show the same description, so it's really not required in the sidebar.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeanoa »

daniel34 wrote:Even in vanilla 1920x1080 fullscreen you can get cutoffs with the train sidebar (100% scaling)
Still happens at WQHD for me. Can someone with an UHD display comment?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Xeanoa wrote:
daniel34 wrote:Even in vanilla 1920x1080 fullscreen you can get cutoffs with the train sidebar (100% scaling)
Still happens at WQHD for me. Can someone with an UHD display comment?
My problem is solved using WQHD or UHD on a 4k display at 100%, as the sidebar appears smaller (or more correctly, it uses the same space but there is more total space). If you have problems with the train sidebar at WQHD then check your scaling. Make sure to not only set it to a lower scaling but also to set the radio button to Custom. If it's set to System default it will use settings from windows, which are probably at 125% or so.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Gameplay Help”