Titanium with both Beyond and Factorio-Extended

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
ledzilla
Inserter
Inserter

Titanium with both Beyond and Factorio-Extended

Post by ledzilla »

I'm running with both Factorio-Extended and Beyond, but they have conflicting titanium elements. Smelting titanium ore only yields Factorio-Extended's titanium plates, but through logistics I can only request Beyond's titanium. Is there a way to fix this so they can both work together? I assume it involves altering the mods themselves. I have experience coding, and have done some light modding myself, but I don't know exactly what to edit and where to resolve the conflict.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Titanium with both Beyond and Factorio-Extended

Post by bobingabout »

I don't know.

Just to confuse things, my mods add Titanium too. I have no idea how things would work between them.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ledzilla
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Titanium with both Beyond and Factorio-Extended

Post by ledzilla »

I got it figured out. Partially, I'm an idiot that was looking for Factorio-Exetended's titanium plates under the wrong tab. Second, I found FE's titanium plate recipe and changed it to not require smelting. Seems to all be good now. The problem was that both required smelting, and furnaces don't exactly make any kind of distinction between single-component items using the same component but in differing quantities.

Return to “Modding discussion”