No oil.

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

EmielRegis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

No oil.

Post by EmielRegis »

Hello. I dont know why but rso completly removed oil from my map generation. It dont appear at all. I have many mods but tested without rso and everything was fine. I used

Code: Select all

/c game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {lefttop = {x = -2048, y = -2048}, rightbottom = {x = 2000, y = 2000}})
to uncover huge part of map and check on few different generation attempts. Tried regenerate command with "true" but that didnt changed anything. Help :cry:

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: No oil.

Post by orzelek »

Please see my reply on mod portal.

I'll need your mods and potentially save or map seed.
If there is oil in starting area then you are most likely very unlucky, if not then something went wrong.

EmielRegis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EmielRegis »

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Thanks for all the files.

I'm really sorry to say that your map has all the oil that you might need and maybe more - including starting oil.
Not sure what you did to game earlier but for some reason map color for oil in your game is different - it's not something that RSO would change in any way.

Take a look closely at your map especially in southern area between big water body and smaller one, or in starting area above the forest and you'll find what you are looking for. There is also evidence of regen being called here so be warned that map is not accurate in areas that are not scanned by radars and it needs to be rescanned (map doesn't update real time so ore regen is not directly visible).

If you need help with searching you can use this command:

Code: Select all

\c game.player.force.rechart()

EmielRegis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EmielRegis »

Im probably blind but can you give screenshoot? I cant find them. And yes I had Usefull Map Colors mod but turned it off to see if its reason i dont see oil. Seems like disabling isnt enough lol. Cant see any color that diferentiate from terrain. Code you provided doesnt seem to do anything.

EmielRegis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EmielRegis »

Ok found it. DAMN FREAKING USEFULL AS HELL BLACK. omg. Thank you so much for help man.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”