Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

ReDragon wrote:How i can use the petrochem mod when i use bob's electronics?

I first can make carbon when i would be able to resacht the coal processing 1 but how i shall come so far without the basic curcuits from bob's mod?
When i remove the petrochem mod than i have salt and carbon from bob's back.
Is there a way to solve this?
You should read the mod description first, petrochem overrides and/or removes a lot of the recipes in bobs most notably carbon and salt chains. Coal processing is red tech and only needs some copper and iron to research.
Attachments
Image4.png
Image4.png (433.92 KiB) Viewed 7796 times
Image3.png
Image3.png (337.56 KiB) Viewed 7796 times
Image2.png
Image2.png (462.65 KiB) Viewed 7796 times
Image1.png
Image1.png (463.19 KiB) Viewed 7796 times

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Is there a way to produce tungsten powder?

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

kiba wrote:Is there a way to produce tungsten powder?
Tungsten, then tungstic acid, then tungsten oxide, then tungsten powder.

Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pe334 »

Just a little question ...

I played Angel with Bob and have the difficult to get diamond-ore, how do I get this ore without manually harvesting it?

THX Angel for your great mod !!

DartBoris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DartBoris »

Is there a way to disable spawning certain ores from Refining mod?
I dont have bob's ores but there is still bobmonium ore I can do nothing with.

Or they need special refining plant and give just normal ores?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

DartBoris wrote:Is there a way to disable spawning certain ores from Refining mod?

smelting 3 crushed bobmonium should give you 2 tin
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

DartBoris wrote:Is there a way to disable spawning certain ores from Refining mod?

In vanilla all 6 ores give you different yields of iron and copper if you put them through refining and sorting.

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

brab wrote:
kiba wrote:Is there a way to produce tungsten powder?
Tungsten, then tungstic acid, then tungsten oxide, then tungsten powder.
There's angel's tungsten oxide, and there's vanilla bob recipe.

I want to know the recipe for angel's.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel, how u want to change bio processing mod to use bob alien artшfacts in 0.15? because devs refused use of alien artifacts in recipes for 0.15 version, but i like bob system with alloys and another mixes of these artifacts :D
In old processing mod i could produce artifacts without fighting for a long time with bitters and that was convenient
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

My question: is nitric waste water used in anything other than purifying into pure water and a bit of mineral water? If not, I'm just going to void it in a bunch of boilers, because it's just not worth the hassle right now and I can get infinite of both of those things with ease.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

Honestly, all these questions don't belong here
There is a search bar in the tech tree and in the recipes list. Also use this this mod.

Angel666 conveniently adds the products of a recipe into the name so you can search for it.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

safan wrote:Honestly, all these questions don't belong here
There is a search bar in the tech tree and in the recipes list. Also use this this mod.

Angel666 conveniently adds the products of a recipe into the name so you can search for it.
Very useful mod :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

marginoferror
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marginoferror »

fractalman wrote:My question: is nitric waste water used in anything other than purifying into pure water and a bit of mineral water? If not, I'm just going to void it in a bunch of boilers, because it's just not worth the hassle right now and I can get infinite of both of those things with ease.
No, unless you've cranked up bio processing production to the max (using a bunch of mineral water) you won't find a use for nitric waste water.

Tante_Ju
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tante_Ju »

hi,
i just started using the angelspetrochem mod – nice work btw – and noticed a very strange recipe from a chemistry point of view: 6SO2 + 4H2 --> 5H2SO4
While it might in theory be possible to make H2SO3 ( Sulfurous acid ) from these starting educts, it would be very wasteful. In reality SO2 is oxidized to SO3 (sulfur trioxide), using oxygen, before reacting it with water to give H2SO4 ( Sulfuric acid). SO2 would only yield sulfurous acid with water.

IMHO better recipies to work with SO2 would be: 2SO2 + O2 --> 2SO3 and then SO3 + H2O --> H2SO4 but this means sadly another round of chemical plant.
Maybe another chemical plant with more pipeline educts is needed? like a refinery but in inverse modelwise.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Tante_Ju wrote:hi,
i just started using the angelspetrochem mod – nice work btw – and noticed a very strange recipe from a chemistry point of view: 6SO2 + 4H2 --> 5H2SO4
While it might in theory be possible to make H2SO3 ( Sulfurous acid ) from these starting educts, it would be very wasteful. In reality SO2 is oxidized to SO3 (sulfur trioxide), using oxygen, before reacting it with water to give H2SO4 ( Sulfuric acid). SO2 would only yield sulfurous acid with water.

IMHO better recipies to work with SO2 would be: 2SO2 + O2 --> 2SO3 and then SO3 + H2O --> H2SO4 but this means sadly another round of chemical plant.
Maybe another chemical plant with more pipeline educts is needed? like a refinery but in inverse modelwise.
You are correct there, what you describe would be equal to the process in N-Tech Chemistry mod. I decided to simplify these two steps into one, because I could see any use or interconnectivity for the SO3 even in the future, that's the thought behind it, just imagine that both reactions are taking place in the same chemical plant :D
There are more examples where I left out/combined steps into one recipe, although I cant remember which ones.

Tante_Ju
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tante_Ju »

Arch666Angel wrote:There are more examples where I left out/combined steps into one recipe, although I cant remember which ones.
i do not understand: which reactions are combined? as far as i know there is no reaction to go from so2 to h2so4 without adding some oxygen. so where is the oxygen coming from? air?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Dude its a game.. if all reactions is like the rl ones the game would lose the most important feature, be fun.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

I dunno, might be an interesting bit of additional complexity to require an advanced, three input chef plant for the highly used sulfuric acid

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

StormTAG wrote:I dunno, might be an interesting bit of additional complexity to require an advanced, three input chef plant for the highly used sulfuric acid
You know sarcasm is sometimes hard to spot reading online boards.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Tante_Ju wrote:i do not understand: which reactions are combined? as far as i know there is no reaction to go from so2 to h2so4 without adding some oxygen. so where is the oxygen coming from? air?
In contact process SO2 is oxidized to SO3 with atmospheric oxygen. SO3 is dissolved to strong sulfuric acid to get H2S2O7. It is combined with water to get H2SO4. Angel combines these three reaction steps. In my opinion it is a good choice if there is no other use for intermediate products. Adding of free compressed air does not give much interest into the fabrication chain.

Return to “Angels Mods”