FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MODS 0.8.x] Various Mods by FreeER

Post by FreeER »

Deathmage wrote:usage priority on mind control
hm, ok. yeah there is that :)
Deathmage wrote:'Error in assignID, 'crude-oil' was not recognised id of item'
This shouldn't even be possible. These mods were all made well before fluids (other than water) were added and none of them used any type of 'oil', are you certain it's coming from my mod?

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

I use Cloning 1.3 it still works fine in 0.9.6 (not died in 0.9.7 ... yet...).

Thank you FreeEr it rocks. Though I do upgrade to the f-mod version for the upgraded costs later.
Maybe a little more expensive so that loosing one 'hurts' a little more?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

DreamSmith wrote:Maybe a little more expensive so that loosing one 'hurts' a little more?
I'm working on making it a 'maintenance' expense for each cloning tank rather than a small cost for the 'clone' :) Basically you'd have to feed it some electricity and fluid (probably lubricant, but if you have the dna mod installed then dna!) I'd never originally intended for the tanks to be destroyed (and of course I'm bumping up the building cost too, no need for them to be so cheap when you don't have to rebuild them 'constantly')...The update is a bit of a work in progress at the moment (especially graphics, I really haven't had time to play with those)
Thank you FreeER it rocks
You're welcome, and thanks for telling me, it's always nice to know (a bit of) work didn't go unappreciated :D

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inzann »

Does the Ilbike mod -1.3 work with current version of Factorio? I think you have a lot of talent, why are you not creating more mods for this game? :P

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

I believe it does, nothing that it uses should have changed since it was last updated...if so let me know I probably have it fixed already lol
I started updating them and I've been getting interrupted by real life :)
Inzann wrote: I think you have a lot of talent, why are you not creating more mods for this game? :P
Thank you...mainly because I'm lazy :) nah, I just don't have any great ideas that I feel the need to implement, so I haven't done many mods. That and I usually place priority on helping anyone else mod over creating my own :P

Copern
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Copern »

FreeER wrote:Thank you...mainly because I'm lazy :) nah, I just don't have any great ideas that I feel the need to implement, so I haven't done many mods.
I have that exact same problem. I'm not very creative, I guess, so I rarely come up with great ideas to implement. It's really hard for me to come up with an interesting idea but fairly easy to work on it if I do think of something. However, it's usually quite easy for me to take existing code and cut it down significantly and/or make it more flexible/adaptable though.

Only random idea I had awhile ago was a directional arrow that mods could use. A mod could set locations and an arrow would point towards said locations, up to an arbitrary maximum of 20 arrows (so the screen didn't get too cluttered). Anything over 20 arrows would overwrite the oldest arrow. The modder could create and register their own arrow graphics as well. It worked and it was kind of neat but fairly pointless (ho ho). Still ponder if I should actually finish it up.

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inzann »

Would it be possible to make an airplane mod? Or is it a problem with game itself? I suppose there are no "height" levels so you would collide with everything same as the vehicle? I remember first time I researched the plane technology I expected to get a flyable airplane. xD

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Inzann wrote:Would it be possible to make an airplane mod?
I made a simple 'bomber' tutorial on the wiki, the essential part to a 'plane' is to remove the collision box (and you are now 'flying')...just don't get out while over water....you'll land on the closest piece of land but that may well be an island and you get to watch the plane fly away from you :lol:

That was made before collision masks could be changed, so it's possible you could choose an appropriate collision mask for the plane instead of turning off collision completely...I can't remember off the top of my head how to change the collision mask though...you'd have to search the forum/wiki (or maybe the base mod) for that info...

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Deathmage wrote:'Error in assignID, 'crude-oil' was not recognised id of item'
ah, ok. Now I see how that happened :), not sure why I didn't encounter it previously, but when the blast mining mod's quantum-tnt recipe is set to 'annoying' (aka calls the resources function) it adds all of the 'resources' which happens to include 'crude-oil'...my bad! Added a simple check to make sure it doesn't add any 'basic-fluid' category resources, so fixed. Also made sure to change the control.lua to check if the entityprototypes had an equivalent itemprototype (that may not work perfectly for some mods but...I've no idea what exactly entityprototypes actually gives access to as far as the result and category is concerned)

Found a couple other bugs in fact...so expect an update to at least blast-mining (if I remember correctly the base game now has 'explosives' so the recipes may change) and mindcontrol soon (yes I know there's been an outstanding 'bug' with a missing prototype statement, that has been fixed in the github version for quite some time now...just never got released) :)

Hopefully dna and cloning as well (I still need to work out the fluids. and get a decent image for the cloning tank, but maybe I have enough skills with blender now that that will be possible ;))

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Ok, everything (other than proof of concept mods) should be updated to 0.10.0 (and to use the liquid dna, dna is not required, but the item dna is no longer supported).
If you were previously using the cloning mod or the (item) dna mod then you'll need to start a new world to use the updates, sorry but the migrations (as far as I know) does not allow changing 'types' only names (or if it does then I'd have to change the item names as well for it to detect the change...I'll be honest, I didn't try that), sorry. Also, I lost some of my work when I was almost done (that's why it took longer than I expected...), but I think I managed to redo everything...As always if you encounter any bugs let me know :P

Dynamite now uses the base explosives and requires the 'explosive' tech of course (no migration should be required since no new tech was added)
The cloning mod now requires a constant upkeep (of liquid dna if you are using it or just energy if not), and produces waste (it stacks to 1000...). After a respawn it can take up to a minute for it to reactivate (no visual notification, sorry), so I'd recommend at least two if you expect to die again in less than a minute...
The mindcontrol beacon can now control bases at a range of 30 instead of just units (There is still a chance for bases to 'surrender' when you kill them however).
Most of the functional changes to the rest of the mods were liquid dna (for those that use it) and placing items/recipes in 'proper' subgroups (instead of the generic 'other').

hm... I think I forgot to change everything to release... If you don't see an edit here then you'll probably want to check back in a couple minutes for the download if you don't want free items :)
edit: yep, I forgot ;) Fixed now

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MODS 0.10.x] Various Mods by FreeER

Post by FreeER »

added an expensive sciencepacks mod (under 'requests') which makes sciencepacks 100x more expensive (by default)...you'd probably want to open the data.lua file and change ingredient_multiplier to something more reasonable (10-20) and maybe the result_count for alien-science-pack-2 to 10 instead of 1...but it's up to you :lol:

if you have other mods installed that affect science packs then open info.json and add the mod's name to the dependencies list (so that this mod is loaded afterwards and can change them), if you notice an issue with the stack sizes (unlikely but..) and have mods that affect them then add them to the dependencies list as well.

edit: fixed a couple bugs with this, if you downloaded it previously then simply redownload (I doubt anyone else has though lol)

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

In old versions Illness broke my power armor when I broke my legs. Can I install Illness now and get no problems?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Vitduo wrote:Can I install Illness now and get no problems?
No, sorry but modders still have do not access to the inventory of modular armor (and so we can't transfer the equipment inside it).

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

That is due to the internal mechanics?
P. S. "Broke" it mean "just suddenly disappeared from my slot for armor"

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Vitduo wrote:P. S. "Broke" it mean "just suddenly disappeared from my slot for armor"
If I recall correctly, the armor itself should remain, but all of the equipment inside it (shields, reactor, etc.) would disappear...if the armor itself actually disappeared then it's a different bug that I probably could fix, but since I can't retain the equipment (yes that's an internal issue) there's not much point right now.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Ah, here's the thing!.. Sad, it's funny mod
Thanks!

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Vitduo wrote:Ah, here's the thing!.. Sad, it's funny mod
Yeah, I think it'd add an interesting mechanic to Factorio if you had to manage the player's well being more, at least early game. Obviously it'd need to be expanded a bit but that wouldn't be too difficult, it's just that a lot of the effects require swapping player entities and thus inventories...

The same internal issue is a problem in the cloning mod as well...(drops 'player-remains' at position player died and allows them to go back to get it instead of reloading a save, but again modular armor equipment is lost.)

l21118
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by l21118 »

I have a problem with the DNA Mod.

I have a very big map and pushed the aliens already far away, now I have found your Mod and the lack of nearby enemy bases seems to be a problem.
I build a DNA farm and while I am close to it, the enemies attack the farm and die direct in front of the DNA collector and it's harvesting the corpses. When I return to my main base, the enemies keep attacking the farm but the DNA Collector doesn't collect anymore.

//Edit
I am playing on v0.10.2

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

l21118 wrote:I have a problem with the DNA Mod.
Hm, apparently I never tried actually setting up a farm for this and letting it run lol. At least not without the mind control mod (friendly biters can be within 10 rather than 5 and will 'donate' dna). What I think is happening is that when you're near the spawners you get a lot of the biter's attacking and when you are far away you only get the occasional biters and they don't reach the collector...
I guess the only way to really solve that is to increase the range of the collector's detection (or find some way to make the biter's attack the collector more often).
If you open the control.lua find and change the 5 on line 45 (shown below) to something like 20-40 (tested with DyTech's gold topaz turrets, so if you are using base turrets that number could probably be smaller) then it should be enough to work.

Code: Select all

for _, corpse in pairs(game.findentitiesfiltered{area={getboundingbox(entity.position, 5)}, type="corpse"}) do

l21118
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by l21118 »

Thank you for your fast response.
Actually I've no time but I will test it within the next days.

Return to “Mods”