Unofficial Factorio Troll/Griefer Database

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unofficial Factorio Troll and Griefer Database (FTGD)

Post by keyboardhack »

King_takes_Queen wrote:I ask because recently Colonel Will and his friends have been joining several MP games (they usually pick ones where no one is currently playing so that they are the only ones online) and then rehaul parts of the map that they consider need fixing.

To be honest I found this very educational to watch because Will and his crew have extensive knowledge about the game which comes from thousands of hours of playing and experimenting. Many of their designs and builds have become established and respected within the factorio player community. So at first I was all for him going into public games and showing other players how to do things right.

But I feel he crossed the line at one point when after severe reconstructing of someones base he was kicked off and banned, then in retaliation he ordered his other friends still on the map to start "burning everything down". They began destroying the base and the map owner was forced to reload the map from a previous save.

This incident occured about a week ago and I was conflicted on whether or not to report this behaviour since I am an avid viewer of Col Will and his engineers and actually wanted to see him continue these random map visits. Since the event happened he has deleted that particular vod and visited other maps and attempted to "fix" them. I kind of hoped that the incident was only a one time thing and he'd refrain from doing something like that again.

About two days ago he visited the reddit mmo server map and he and his friends started redesigning major parts of the base that they felt were wrong. You can find the VOD here. https://www.twitch.tv/colonelwill/v/95715578
As you will see it is a major rehaul. Huge parts of the base are deconstructed and hours of someone's work was wiped away.

At about 2:20:00 he reminds his friends that if they get banned again "they know what to do". Clip is here: https://clips.twitch.tv/colonelwill/Con ... earMingLee

Now, watching just that clip one might think that he wasn't being serious. But after seeing what he did previously I am pretty sure he would have had that base destroyed if he or his friends did get kicked off.
Definetly sounds like griefing(Destroying bases when they don't get it their way) and every server owner probably want to include them in a banning list. Can you name col wills friends aswell?.
Waste of bytes : P

JMark1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JMark1 »

This guy joined the server while no one there and placed a massive deconstruction order over the whole factory.
As you can see from the pics, his name is longda99

tonsrd
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tonsrd »

keyboardhack wrote:
King_takes_Queen wrote:I ask because recently Colonel Will and his friends have been joining several MP games (they usually pick ones where no one is currently playing so that they are the only ones online) and then rehaul parts of the map that they consider need fixing.

At about 2:20:00 he reminds his friends that if they get banned again "they know what to do". Clip is here: https://clips.twitch.tv/colonelwill/Con ... earMingLee
Definetly sounds like griefing(Destroying bases when they don't get it their way) and every server owner probably want to include them in a banning list. Can you name col wills friends aswell?.

I disagree that col wil should be banned from any multiplayer game that's an over reaction. col will and hes "group" like to "upgrade" bases / designs, from steel furnaces to electric from electric to beacons.

as for the reddit map he made a local save of that map and hosted / worked on it in hes server with hes group and spent 10h "fixing" there problems, I found this part of hes stream to learn how to do "trains" abit more than I use them myself very little.

he doesn't deserve a ban for that.

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

What is col wil's factorio name? Is it just Colonel Will? I added him to the confirmed trolls/griefers list for remodeling bases without permission. It's, by definition, griefing if you are changing someones base without any permission or notice, and on top of that he now has a history of outright griefing bases. I feel like adding him to the confirmed list might spark a little bit of controversy, but I hope you guys understand why I added him.

3LollipopZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 3LollipopZ »

Hey, I run an AU server and caught a dude red handed flame throwing and deconstructing the base.

He has 220+ hours on factorio so I don't want to just name and shame.... but it's a shame if he keeps doing this to unsuspecting maps. It was fortunate that I caught him in the act and banned him when I did, but not sure whether to name and shame or not...

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Doesn't count unless you can provide a screenshot
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Sastas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sastas »

So today I met a griefer, I couldnt do more than 1 screenshoot. The first he cut the power from defenses and invited some biter to them. Then he started to kill things and peoples with tanks, then he simply set all our base for deconstruction.
Username: itzbryann55
Attachments
Factoriogriefer.png
Factoriogriefer.png (2.8 MiB) Viewed 8842 times
If you need a hungarian translator/interpretor, contact me. Here or on youtube. Or anywhere :)

youtube.com/sastas

kev007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kev007 »

Griefer removed power and ordered a map wide, partial deconstruct. Username: Seitzjo
20161119192432_1.jpg
20161119192432_1.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 8807 times

Royalflesh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Royalflesh »

roybos - fat griefer and troll, ignoring all messages in chat. Messing with belts, production, power for destroy main base.
Images

TheVeteraNoob
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheVeteraNoob »

It seems the biggest problem here is a lack of admins. People really need to be more lax about promoting players. Perhaps someone should bug the devs to add a mod rank which can only do mod commands to make it easier to promote people you don't necessarily trust.

Kazaide
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kazaide »

TheVeteraNoob wrote:It seems the biggest problem here is a lack of admins. People really need to be more lax about promoting players. Perhaps someone should bug the devs to add a mod rank which can only do mod commands to make it easier to promote people you don't necessarily trust.
This is the main reason me and my friend (fochristo) decided to put on our server to deal with this issue. This server run a 100+ hours vanilla game which is well advanced and where anyone is welcome if it's not to destroy or messing with the main base. The name of this game is Atlas and we (two people atm) ensure systematic grieffer ban and roll back capabilities.
kev007 wrote:Griefer removed power and ordered a map wide, partial deconstruct. Username: Seitzjo
For instance, we crossed that guy also, no admins was connected when he acted but we found some massive planned deconstruction tagged with his name --> /Ban forever then rollback

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

3LollipopZ wrote:Hey, I run an AU server and caught a dude red handed flame throwing and deconstructing the base.

He has 220+ hours on factorio so I don't want to just name and shame.... but it's a shame if he keeps doing this to unsuspecting maps. It was fortunate that I caught him in the act and banned him when I did, but not sure whether to name and shame or not...
if you are worried about naming and shaming him, you can just PM me and i'll add him to the appropriate list from there.
Royalflesh wrote:roybos - fat griefer and troll, ignoring all messages in chat. Messing with belts, production, power for destroy main base.
Images
Do you have any other screenshots? In the ones you provided, I don't really see any solid evidence of roybos doing the griefing.

__

Also, as a side note to everyone else, please remember to spell the person's name correctly, so I don't end up putting the wrong person onto the list

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

Translate "killed off" from English to Russian and you will see that almost every player is killing Robos, obviously because he is attempting to grief. I can vouch for HighInFiberOptics at least, who is shown in the screenshot, and Roybos has been banned from this server.

Masamune00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Masamune00 »

Yeah to be honest, you have to promote some other players when you're admin otherwise the serv is griefed way too easily if you don't have a big base of banned griefers. I experienced it once, I hosted another server, forgot to ban the ones I banned before (because of a new update or dunno what I did not to have the ban list), and the serv was griefed after I left.

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

Articulating wrote:Translate "killed off" from English to Russian and you will see that almost every player is killing Robos, obviously because he is attempting to grief. I can vouch for HighInFiberOptics at least, who is shown in the screenshot, and Roybos has been banned from this server.
--Removed--
Last edited by Overene on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

Overene wrote:
Articulating wrote:Translate "killed off" from English to Russian and you will see that almost every player is killing Robos, obviously because he is attempting to grief. I can vouch for HighInFiberOptics at least, who is shown in the screenshot, and Roybos has been banned from this server.
I think you forgot the screenshot
I was referring to the screenshot that was posted by Royalflesh.

Anyone
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anyone »

Just had a game where 2 people were griefing: VITS and sunkillerqc

Kazaide
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kazaide »

A new grieffer on our map : Banzaii

Massive deconstruction planner and/or disconnect electricity on several defense walls.
Attachments
Capture d'écran 2016-12-05 19.00.03.png
Capture d'écran 2016-12-05 19.00.03.png (3.59 MiB) Viewed 8573 times

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

Anyone wrote:Just had a game where 2 people were griefing: VITS and sunkillerqc
Pics please.

Also, can you guys PLEASE make sure you are spelling the name correctly? I feel like everyone is mistyping the names.

Phox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Phox »

Player: Swwils

Griefer - started with making belts rainbow in our 5h old factory - ended with smashing grenades all over the base, deconstruction planer on everything, screwing up setups and finally killing several players.
Factory severly damaged, most players left server.

I wish the developers find a way of keeping the beautiful teamplay of "random stangers" on a server while mitigate these problems of player-player-interactions...

Return to “Multiplayer”