Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

mishappp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by mishappp »

Any chance for 5dim support? Been looking all over, you seem to be the guy.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

mishappp wrote:Any chance for 5dim support? Been looking all over, you seem to be the guy.
5dim is interesting set of mods but the bob mods is base for angel mods for now, i think these mods can be compatible in theory, but there will be some reworking for 5dim and 5dim gameplay can be changed as it was with bob mods ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Peacoq
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Peacoq »

Aluminium in Angel Smelting requires Manganese for Molten Aluminium.
Could not find recipe for manganese anywhere, so i guess it is an artifact.

Angel Smelting v 0.1.2
MoltenAluminium.png
MoltenAluminium.png (42.29 KiB) Viewed 6436 times

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Peacoq wrote:Aluminium in Angel Smelting requires Manganese for Molten Aluminium.
Could not find recipe for manganese anywhere, so i guess it is an artifact.

Angel Smelting v 0.1.2
MoltenAluminium.png
Probably need to check with the bobsangelthon author as the regular smelting recipe is just the 2 aluminum ingots.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I want to produce manganese too, but someone steals others ideas which aren't finished yet
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

I can not connect "Passive Provider Warehouse" to circuit network. But I can connect network to normal warehouse. Is this intended restriction?

I wanted to use them in hybrid bot/belt bus.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

solntcev wrote:I can not connect "Passive Provider Warehouse" to circuit network. But I can connect network to normal warehouse. Is this intended restriction?

I wanted to use them in hybrid bot/belt bus.
They all have the same definition for network connectivity. But the max range for a connection is set to 7.5 by default I think, so you are maybe to far off the warehouse.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

Arch666Angel wrote:... But the max range for a connection is set to 7.5 by default I think, so you are maybe to far off the warehouse.
Yes I was zoomed out and far away, sorry for false report.
However I have another problem: I have full Bobs + Angels mods installed and Nitroglicerin research is unavailable for research. It displayed as having 2 prerequisites: Oil Processing and Chlorine 2. But when both are researched, it is still unavailable.

I had to set "researched" flag in console to unlock further research.
Mods list, all from mod portal
I can share savefile/archived mod folder if it will help.

Stormcaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stormcaller »

Is it possible to move the "heat blob" that occurs at night on "in use" facilities for the flare stack to be at the top of the flare stack instead of the base?

It looks kinda odd at night to see no glow on the "flare" and a muted (due to mass concrete) glow at the base...

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

That's the correct place for the cast light to be.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

Angel's alumina is not compatible with gem polishing stuff. I have to make separate furnace for Bob's alumina. I can also not get tungsten carbide or red tungsten alloy from Angel's metal refining products. Is it intentional or known issue?

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

this is a dumb question, but where is most easy to find fissures? i always have problems to get one.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

GeekinaCave wrote:this is a dumb question, but where is most easy to find fissures? i always have problems to get one.
they are orange on map, you should see them when explore, or with radar.

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

mexmer wrote:
GeekinaCave wrote:this is a dumb question, but where is most easy to find fissures? i always have problems to get one.
what i mean is they are really hard to find when i use RSO, to the point i have to restart and search in god mode several times until i find a map string with one in it reasonably close (using train system).

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

GeekinaCave wrote:
mexmer wrote:
what i mean is they are really hard to find when i use RSO, to the point i have to restart and search in god mode several times until i find a map string with one in it reasonably close (using train system).
i have stopped using RSO some time ago, until it has better optimization for angels. it kinda messes up distribution of resources, when you have all angel mods + all bobs.

it just not mess with thermal water distribution (fissures), but also with natural gas. until orzelek optimizes it, to work properly with this mod combination, i will have it disabled.

your question is more for RSO author, than for angel.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

mexmer wrote:
GeekinaCave wrote:
mexmer wrote:
i have stopped using RSO some time ago, until it has better optimization for angels. it kinda messes up distribution of resources, when you have all angel mods + all bobs.

it just not mess with thermal water distribution (fissures), but also with natural gas. until orzelek optimizes it, to work properly with this mod combination, i will have it disabled.

Just a small note - RSO distribution for Angels mod set is actually from Arch666Angel.
Whats wrong with it currently?
Fissuers are actually set up to be quite rare currently. They are about half as common as oil and natural gas.

I'm not sure what you would like optimized there - it works properly with settings as planned for Angels mods.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

orzelek wrote:
mexmer wrote:
GeekinaCave wrote:
mexmer wrote:

Just a small note - RSO distribution for Angels mod set is actually from Arch666Angel.
Fissuers are actually set up to be quite rare currently. They are about half as common as oil and natural gas.

I'm not sure what you would like optimized there - it works properly with settings as planned for Angels mods.
so it's intentional then. that's why i said it's more question to you.

tbh. while i'm satisfied with ore distribution, i'm unhappy with oil/gas/thermal water distribution - that was my reason to disable rso.

at time when fissures are needed, also when you take in account their "outcome" (eg. how much you can extract them), they are really rare, also due to rather low output of fissure, they run out quite fast, which makes it even worse. i disabled RSO when i found out, i'm not able to supply even production in my base with thermal water. (and it's not some megabase).
Same problem with natural gas, tho' this might be also due changes in petrochem mod, there is (maybe now is not, i disabled RSO 2 months ago) quite huge disparity in gas/oil distribution, and it was not possible to do reasonable combined production (some of petrochem recipes require products from both), usualy i did run quite fast out of gas, and needed to search for new sources of it in quick succession.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mexmer wrote:what i mean is they are really hard to find when i use RSO, to the point i have to restart and search in god mode several times until i find a map string with one in it reasonably close (using train system).

tbh. while i'm satisfied with ore distribution, i'm unhappy with oil/gas/thermal water distribution - that was my reason to disable rso.

at time when fissures are needed, also when you take in account their "outcome" (eg. how much you can extract them), they are really rare, also due to rather low output of fissure, they run out quite fast, which makes it even worse. i disabled RSO when i found out, i'm not able to supply even production in my base with thermal water. (and it's not some megabase).
Same problem with natural gas, tho' this might be also due changes in petrochem mod, there is (maybe now is not, i disabled RSO 2 months ago) quite huge disparity in gas/oil distribution, and it was not possible to do reasonable combined production (some of petrochem recipes require products from both), usualy i did run quite fast out of gas, and needed to search for new sources of it in quick succession.
Fissures are quiet rare, due to their ability to provide basically every resource you need, if you think they drop too fast (they have double the threshold of oil wells and produce double the amount of fluid of an oil well) you can adjust that in the infinite ores config.
The same goes for the yields of the oil and gas wells, where you also have to take into account that you can substitute some amount of it by coal and if you have bio processing even by wood.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mexmer wrote:what i mean is they are really hard to find when i use RSO, to the point i have to restart and search in god mode several times until i find a map string with one in it reasonably close (using train system).

Fissures are quiet rare, due to their ability to provide basically every resource you need, if you think they drop too fast (they have double the threshold of oil wells and produce double the amount of fluid of an oil well) you can adjust that in the infinite ores config.
The same goes for the yields of the oil and gas wells, where you also have to take into account that you can substitute some amount of it by coal and if you have bio processing even by wood.
without rso fissure distribution seems to be just fine, same goes for gas/oil patches. so i don't have problem with default setting (tho' for ores default generator distribution is not best and rso does that better).

but then again, that's just my opinion.

kenzierocks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenzierocks »

I can't tell if this is a problem with the Smelting mod itself or a conflict with something else, but the blast furnace MK1 requires steel:
Blast Furnace Recipe
But making steel requires molten steel, and making molten steel requires steel ingots, and making steel ingots requires iron ingots, and making iron ingots requires a blast furnace! My mods are below:
Mods

Return to “Angels Mods”