Detailed recipe output in tooltip

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Xuerian
Inserter
Inserter

Detailed recipe output in tooltip

Post by Xuerian »

This seems like it might need to be a default-off option, but currently the output for recipes is shown like this:

Either: Only one item: None shown
Or: More than one item or "main product" in prototype: All shown

Which isn't much of an issue in base. Mods, however, add pretty complex recipes. And it doesn't seem to make much sense to require the name to also bear all the possible output items, after all, it doesn't have to include the input - they're on the tooltip.

If we could get an option to show the output items in a icon+name list just like the input items are, that would be really helpful at times.

This would be mitigated by the potential(?) of a recipe version of the tech tree, which would be amazing(!), but until then figuring out these recipes often requires looking up external documentation or consulting something like Foreman.

Examples:

1. In entity view:

2. In crafting menu:

Even though I suggest this as a default-off option, this could contribute to more tooltip clutter. A side suggestion would be allowing us to toggle showing the mod attribution lines off for tooltips.

blackbat
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Detailed recipe output in tooltip

Post by blackbat »

Yes, OMG yes, please yes.

My last bobs+angels would have been so much easier with this. I had to use (and abuse) the 'What is it used for?'' mod...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”