[0.14.14] No Fluid production(s)

Bugs that are actually features.
Xs_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.14.14] No Fluid production(s)

Post by Xs_ »

I use the production overview quite a lot (P) to balance out large structures against other large structures, but with anything that has liquids involved the process becomes more tedious as they don't show up there.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.14] No Fluid production(s)

Post by Rseding91 »

Fluid is not an item which is why it doesn't get listed in the item production stats window.

It does get tracked just we haven't decided what GUI it will go in.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Xs_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xs_ »

Yeah thats what I thought. But since Fluids and items are essentially the same, just with different mediums needed to transport them, seemed like that screen should be capable of showing them.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Rseding91 wrote:Fluid is not an item which is why it doesn't get listed in the item production stats window.
item production stats window:
the tooltip at the top right only says "Production statistics (P)"
and the window title is even shorter "Production", which is redundant when below the buttons, two headlines say "Production" and "Consumption" (everything without the words "item" or "fluid").
thus i always considered this to be a minor bug, and/or too difficult to count fluids :-)

as long as items are made from fluids or gases (eg sulphur), and fluids are made from items (eg acid), i see no reason to separate their production and consumption statistics, unless you do a major change to factorio and allow to have several such windows open at the same time, align them, etc.

btw: the potential problem of having different scales for items and fluids already exists for items, eg producing 3 times as many copper wires as copper, and producing a huge multiple of resources (ore and plates) compared to final products. an option (checkmark or similar) would be quite helpful to autoscale each single item by itself (0% to 100% for the displayed timeframe) instead of scaling all items to the maximum that any of all the shown items has. maybe even a second option for autoscaling the low limit so that small fluctuations on high production become visible. the option to disable specific items is nice, but not good enough, eg when i want to see the delay of changes for some production chain like copper ore/plates, green/red/blue circuits, control units, rocket parts and finally rockets.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=39211&p=233884#p233884
Rseding91 wrote:
cncr04s wrote:Please add Fluid Prod/usage Statistics page. Please lol. It can't be that hard.
It's already in 0.15. I added it when I added the kills screen.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

thanks, daniel ... and of course thanks to the devs too :-)
daniel34 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=39211&p=233884#p233884
Rseding91 wrote:It's already in 0.15.
and now it's in this thread too :-)

i didn't see it in the other thread ... "too many threads and posts overflow" for me :-)

Return to “Not a bug”