All oil fields are very small regardless of settings.

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

All oil fields are very small regardless of settings.

Post by Requia »

It seems that no matter what I put into the base settings I can't get more than 5 or 6 oil wells per site, compared to sometimes 40 or more in vanilla. Am I missing something with petrochem and that's actually enough to keep plastic flow going somehow?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: All oil fields are very small regardless of settings.

Post by Light »

Requia wrote:It seems that no matter what I put into the base settings I can't get more than 5 or 6 oil wells per site, compared to sometimes 40 or more in vanilla. Am I missing something with petrochem and that's actually enough to keep plastic flow going somehow?
Since there are several ways to create plastic, this doesn't seem to be too big an issue.

You can even create plastic using only trees if you use Angel's bio-processing and a greenhouse mod to farm many trees. (I think crushed stone works too)
Example

Gust
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gust »

Actually, with RSO+Angel's I also have very few oil wells, but each of them is 3-4 times larger than in vanilla. And I dont mind such setup, I hate piping oil wells.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Oil is reduced in it's spawn rate with petro + RSO because petro handles oil, gas and coal as hydrocarbon sources while the vanilla game does this with oil exclusively. If you add bio processing in, then wood/algae also become a source for hydrocarbons, so with more processing these raw materials become somewhat interchangeable, which is the goal of the whole process. There was a screenshot on the discord a while ago from someone who build an entire plastic/lubricant plant from coal cracking.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

I'd echo your comments; in my last two playthroughs I've not built a single pumpjack. That's partly just down to novelty value - I love the different methods of cracking coal, and the bio-plastics/ammonia production chains are fantastic too.

Do you have any plans (I do appreciate you must be very busy with your studies) to develop petrochem any further?

Return to “Angels Mods”