Save screen/window size

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Save screen/window size

Post by drs9999 »

Most of the time I play factorio in windowed mode on a screen with a resolution of 1024x768
Before 0.9.4 the default-window-size was smaller than that. 0.9.4 changes the default resolution and the window has an greater width and I have to resize the window, which is ok, because I assume that most of the people use screens with a bigger resolution.

Anyway I want to suggest to store the last used window resolution in the config-files, so you do not have to resize the window everytime you start the game.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Save screen/window size

Post by FreeER »

A very nice idea here :)

P.S. yes this is mostly a bump since I can see it's been a few days without anyone else responding... :)

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

Yup, nice idea :)
+1

nagi603
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nagi603 »

Sorry for necro, but I was just about to post this again. So +1

For those of us with a larger resolution display, this would be very welcome and get rid of the constantly needed "resize after launch" ritual. I don't want to use fullscreen, because one, every time I click out or back in, all my displays blink a black frame, and two, I usually do other things at the same time and would rather not factorio take up the whole 1440p display.

Either save the window size and position on exit, or let us set a custom window size. In the graphics menu, a config file or in launch options, it does not matter. (If it is a set of fixed resolutions however, please don't forget those of us who use 21:9 or other borderline "exotic" displays. Or rather, just let it be fully customizable, as the window can be resized to any size right now.)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I added that to related stuff in viewtopic.php?f=80&t=25229 Use of Monitors (Dualscreen..., more than 60 FPS ...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

nagi603
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nagi603 »

Thanks!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”