Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by SHiRKiT »

mexmer wrote:
Peppe wrote:
SHiRKiT wrote:When I installed your mods along with Bobs and RSO the Stone generation is just disabled. Is that intended or a bug? If intended, how do I get enough stone?

Edit: Link to images: http://imgur.com/a/aKMik
Default options on all mods.
Intentional. Shortly you will be asking what to do with all the extra stone.

You get stone from crushed stone, a byproduct of refining any of the new ores.
not really asking, now when warehouse is in, you have plenty of time to think about stone, or slag :D
Indeed now I see. I'm trying to figure it out sorting of the crushed stone now =]

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

SHiRKiT wrote:
mexmer wrote:
Peppe wrote:
SHiRKiT wrote:When I installed your mods along with Bobs and RSO the Stone generation is just disabled. Is that intended or a bug? If intended, how do I get enough stone?

Edit: Link to images: http://imgur.com/a/aKMik
Default options on all mods.
Intentional. Shortly you will be asking what to do with all the extra stone.

You get stone from crushed stone, a byproduct of refining any of the new ores.
not really asking, now when warehouse is in, you have plenty of time to think about stone, or slag :D
Indeed now I see. I'm trying to figure it out sorting of the crushed stone now =]
at begining of game i either use "sorter box", or directly feeding crushed stone to assembler, that turns it into stone.
1 white assembler is enough to cover output of 2 burner crushers

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

How do I get Mineralized Water?

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

SHiRKiT wrote:How do I get Mineralized Water?
Seems like you could use a mod like this:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/MrDoomah ... t-used-for

or use the search fields on your inventory and in the tech tree.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Peppe wrote:

I do have and it confused me. It displayed a recipe as available but there's no actual way to do the recipe yet, the machine is locked behind the tech tree.

http://imgur.com/a/hHKfk

I need the Water Treatment tech before messing with it, even though it shows as there's one recipe available.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

SHiRKiT wrote:
Peppe wrote:

I do have and it confused me. It displayed a recipe as available but there's no actual way to do the recipe yet, the machine is locked behind the tech tree.

I need the Water Treatment tech before messing with it, even though it shows as there's one recipe available.
It's just water and crushed stone in an assembler. However I do not recall which research it's locked behind.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

SHiRKiT wrote:
Peppe wrote:

I think that one exists from a hidden recipe used by Angel's liquid splitters. I can see the recipe for them in foreman -- the .net app not the blueprint mod.

toudi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toudi »

Hi.

The research from bio processing is not showing up in tech tree. I'v checked the files and it does not have any prerequisites.

Another issue: Angelssmelting: Advanced Metallurgy should have Steel Processing as a prerequisite because Blast Furnace MK1 requires steel

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

Productivity modules do not work in any Angel recipes, error message states that the recipes are not registered intermediaries. I'm using Bob's modules.

Workaround, set the following in bobconfig:

Code: Select all

bobmods.config.modules.EnableProductivityLimitation = false
Which allows them to be used on everything, intermediary or not.

No idea how to workaround without bob's modules, or if the problem exists without it.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Requia wrote:Workaround, set the following in bobconfig:
Or just use this: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... oductivity

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

I've seen a few differences between metal making recipes in bob's vs your things. Are these intended?

Your nickel takes CO, bobs takes oxygen, gives SO2
Your silicon takes coal, bob's takes carbon+CaCl2
Your tin takes coal, bob's takes nothing
Your zinc takes CO, bob's takes HSO4
Your aluminium plate takes nothing, bob's takes carbon

I haven't checked the later recipes for other metals, could be there are differences there too.

Siorai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Siorai »

Ahoy! First trying out the mod, but SUPER EXCITED for it.

I believe I encountered a bug in the Burner Ore Crusher

2 Recipes have different behaviors:

Saphirite Recipe, will produce Crushed Saphirite x2, and Crushed Stone x1. Having an inserter going directly from the Crusher to the Stone furnace. The inserter never grabs the stone because it can't use it in the refinery, so the Burner Ore Crusher just stockpiles it. Unsure on limit. Assuming once the stack is full.

Stiratite Recipe, will produce Crushed Stiratite x2 and Crushed Stone x1. Having the exact same setup, inserter going directly from the Crusher to the Stone Furnace.... But it chokes. Once the Crushed Stone gets to a stack size of 2 in the ore crusher, it stops. Instead of just stacking it up like inside the crusher like it does with the Saphirite.

Workaround:

Adding a Iron Chest in between the Burner Ore Crusher and the Stone Furnace seems to mitigate this.

Like I said, it's my first playthrough, and as soon as I encountered this I made an account on the forum to report this. Unsure which recipe is acting strangely.

Thanks again for this amazing mod!

*bellyflops back into his game*
Attachments
AngelsInfiniteOres_Burner_Ore_Crusher_Bug-0.4.4.png
AngelsInfiniteOres_Burner_Ore_Crusher_Bug-0.4.4.png (3.04 MiB) Viewed 6540 times

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Siorai wrote:Ahoy! First trying out the mod, but SUPER EXCITED for it.

I believe I encountered a bug in the Burner Ore Crusher

2 Recipes have different behaviors:

Saphirite Recipe, will produce Crushed Saphirite x2, and Crushed Stone x1. Having an inserter going directly from the Crusher to the Stone furnace. The inserter never grabs the stone because it can't use it in the refinery, so the Burner Ore Crusher just stockpiles it. Unsure on limit. Assuming once the stack is full.

Stiratite Recipe, will produce Crushed Stiratite x2 and Crushed Stone x1. Having the exact same setup, inserter going directly from the Crusher to the Stone Furnace.... But it chokes. Once the Crushed Stone gets to a stack size of 2 in the ore crusher, it stops. Instead of just stacking it up like inside the crusher like it does with the Saphirite.

Workaround:

Adding a Iron Chest in between the Burner Ore Crusher and the Stone Furnace seems to mitigate this.

Like I said, it's my first playthrough, and as soon as I encountered this I made an account on the forum to report this. Unsure which recipe is acting strangely.

Thanks again for this amazing mod!

*bellyflops back into his game*
this is not problem of mod, but game mechanics, you can observe this on multiple occasion, that sometimes game decices to not fill input, if there is another saturated input in chain (in your case furnace after crusher).
put assembler between 2 crushers, that will convert crushed stone into stone, which you put to box.
or you can do "filter" box, by filling all slots in chest by crushed stone (1 piece per stack). so it will not get filled by crusher ore.

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

hoho wrote:
Requia wrote:Workaround, set the following in bobconfig:
Or just use this: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... oductivity
As described that's completely unrelated. The problem isn't using prod modules in Angel's machines, but that prod modules can't be used in Vanilla/Bob machines. The workaround still leaves the prod module blacklisted from Angel's machines (or at least the ones I checked), which seemed to be working as intended.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use sodium perchlorate?
This useful mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Mooncat/ ... e-products can't tell me anything about recipes with sodium perchlorate
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

The Nitroglycerin tech from bob's warfare cannot be researched, Bob said to redirect it here.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Requia wrote:The Nitroglycerin tech from bob's warfare cannot be researched, Bob said to redirect it here.
What's the culprit?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Requia wrote:The Nitroglycerin tech from bob's warfare cannot be researched, Bob said to redirect it here.
What's the culprit?
No clue what could be wrong with his game. I have all of bob's + your mods, all at latest versions, and can research it just fine.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Arch666Angel wrote:
What's the culprit?
He should have link the original post on bob subforum : viewtopic.php?p=219092#p219092 It's the first post he made for the problem, it continues after.

It seem that he have the required technology researched for nitroglycerin but can't research it.

@Requia do you have bob and angel up to date ? Which version of factorio you have ? As I test and with latest version I can research it.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

All of the latest... I don't have Bob's Power (it trips a realism tick for me to have efficiencies that high), since others do let me try installing that and see what happens.

Edit: no change, but noticed something odd, the tech tooltip says bobwarfare > angelspetrochem > bobwarfare, is that what other people have? Should just be bobwarfare > angelspetrochem

Though if nobody else is getting the issue (I assumed it just was an unpopular tech) I may as well just give it to myself with the console it and ignore the rest.
Last edited by Requia on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Angels Mods”