[MOD 1.1] Squeak Through 1.8.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Squeak Through 1.1.4

Post by GotLag »

Is there any particular reason why you're applying your changes in data-final-fixes.lua and not data-updates.lua? It's making it impossible for me to un-break my entities without having to add a dependency on Squeak Through.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Squeak Through 1.1.4

Post by Supercheese »

GotLag wrote:Is there any particular reason why you're applying your changes in data-final-fixes.lua and not data-updates.lua? It's making it impossible for me to un-break my entities without having to add a dependency on Squeak Through.
Hmm, no particular reason. That's just how I received the code, but I don't see anything that makes -final-fixes necessary, so I've changed it to data-updates in v1.1.5. I also added exclusions for Reactors, so they're no longer broken.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Squeak Through 1.1.5

Post by GotLag »

Cheers. Although, if you're using data-updates you don't really need to add compatibility yourself, as other modders can simply undo the squeaking in data-final-fixes.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

GotLag wrote:Cheers. Although, if you're using data-updates you don't really need to add compatibility yourself, as other modders can simply undo the squeaking in data-final-fixes.
Yeah, but I figured might as well for this time, since I was already going in and editing.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

This mod is completely unnecessary for an otherwise vanilla playthrough, imo...at least, not with the way I play.

It's not even all that helpful in bob's mods, where there's only 20 or so fluids in all, most of which aren't going to go very far and it...so it doesn't do much.

But add angels on top of bods? We're talking 40-60 fluids, so this is going to be very helpful there. Very, VERY helpful.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Squeak Through 1.1.6

Post by Supercheese »

Minor update -- tree collision boxes are now smaller by default.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Is there a Changelog anywhere? I just see a new version, but not what you changed.

Also a minor annoyance (minor because they don't usually block much): support for Flow Control (its pumps, the pipes are handled, natch) and Nixie Tubes. Nixies *can* get rather large (I had one map where I showed the number of crude oil barrels in storage (7 digits of nixies :D) and the calculated amount of oil (barrels times 25))

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:Is there a Changelog anywhere? I just see a new version, but not what you changed.

Also a minor annoyance (minor because they don't usually block much): support for Flow Control (its pumps, the pipes are handled, natch) and Nixie Tubes. Nixies *can* get rather large (I had one map where I showed the number of crude oil barrels in storage (7 digits of nixies :D) and the calculated amount of oil (barrels times 25))
There's a changelog in the mod .zip or here -- as for pumps and nixies, editing the collision boxes of their entity types can lead to problems.

Tzadikim_Nistarim
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tzadikim_Nistarim »

hey squeak through seems to have an issue with https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Simdezimon/Beyond

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I think Pumps, like the small electric pump, needs to be included.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Ranakastrasz wrote:I think Pumps, like the small electric pump, needs to be included.
Small pumps are not covered by this mod due to some issues with pumps that arose in the past, and also the fact that pumps are getting a major overhaul in the next Factorio version.

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

Any known issues in adding to an existing save?

Thanks

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Shouldn't be any issues at all

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

Nexela wrote:Shouldn't be any issues at all
Cool thanks

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Squeak Through 1.1.7

Post by Supercheese »

Updated for 0.15.

I'd like to shift away from config.lua to the new mod settings, but I'm not sure just how to do that yet, as I haven't found the official documentation for it.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Thanks for the update.

One question, are the substation bounding boxes 'not fixable' or is was it just forgotten?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

nagapito wrote:One question, are the substation bounding boxes 'not fixable' or is was it just forgotten?
I can squeak through substations just fine here; what problem are you referring to?

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Supercheese wrote:
nagapito wrote:One question, are the substation bounding boxes 'not fixable' or is was it just forgotten?
I can squeak through substations just fine here; what problem are you referring to?
Ohhh, I see.... I never realized that it actually worked....
Some mod is causing a conflict since it works if I only use Squeak Through. With other mods, it stops working.

I never realized this since I play full vanilla or very heavy modded. Probably some Bobs/ShinyBobs interference...
Seems I need to do a deeper investigation.

If I find the issue, do you want me to report back so you can try to 'accommodate' for that mod or should I report it to the faulty mod owner?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

nagapito wrote:If I find the issue, do you want me to report back so you can try to 'accommodate' for that mod or should I report it to the faulty mod owner?
If you do find the specific combination of mods that causes the issue, I would be interested to know. :)

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

It was actually kinda easy to find the culprit!!
Its ShinyBobs...

It redefines the substations prototype on data-updates..... Like it was needed when they already have a dependency for bobpower mod (if I correctly understand the loading precedence order)

Two easy solutions for you. Add the optional dependency to ShinyBobs, so it loads after it, which is kinda mehhh since you are forced to have an optional dependency... Or change your data-updates file to data-final-fixes, so it runs after ShinyBobs data-updates and it will also guarantee that it fixes any change other mod also makes (unless they are stupid and also do it at data-final-fixes)...

Or, if you dont want to bother with other devs stupidity, just say and I report this to them.

Return to “Mods”