Option to disable auto-repair by pers. roboport robots.

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Option to disable auto-repair by pers. roboport robots.

Post by Loewchen »

There are certain situations in which I don't want the robots from my personal roboport to fly out and repair something, e.g. when driving, when low on repair packs or in certain combat situations, I would like to have a option to keep them from doing that.

Greetings Loewchen

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Option to disable auto-repair by pers. roboport robots.

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Way to disable robots auto repair

Post by HammerPiano »

Some times i drive with my tank/car'/what ever and I hit trees. The robots in my power armor always jump out and repair my vehicle. Because I don't want to lose them I stop and let them back in, this is very annoing while driving a forest. I suggest adding a button that while disable the autorepair
Are there any mods that can do this?
(Sorry if this was already suggested, I can't find a similar post)

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Way to disable robots auto repair

Post by Adil »

There is a mod named "personal roboport switch" or "... fix" or something like that.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Way to disable robots auto repair

Post by HammerPiano »

Adil wrote:There is a mod named "personal roboport switch" or "... fix" or something like that.
Found it, thank you!
Here is a link if someone looks for it https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mknejp/p ... ort-switch

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

It's still a problem. Any mod or option to disable such behavior?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Are you too lazy to type in "personal roboport" in the search bar of the mod plattform? 8-)

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Articula ... entHotkeys
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mknejp/p ... ort-switch

I think both are useful.

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Personal Roboports disabled

Post by Nexarius »

I think there should be a mode for the personal roboports to automatically disable themselves if they inside the area of another roboport.

I really hate to have the personal roboport inside my base and love it when I'm outside my base.
If I place a blueprint inside my base I don't want to empty my inventory to do it just as I don't want to fill my inventory with junk because I'm deconstructing a part of my base.

I could take the roboport out of my armor each time I'm entering my base but that seems like lots of annoying work (and now I'm running around without the roboport most of the time because it makes more problems than its worth).

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Personal Roboports disabled

Post by Selvek »

I'd prefer an on/off button so you can decide rather than automatically shutting it off while in range of the main network.

Also, an option to have idle bots in your inventory preemp bots that are coming from the far reaches of the network (if you have the items in your inventory). To avoid cases where your bots build half the blueprint in 5 seconds, then it's another 2 min before the bots from the main network show up (and if you were outside the main network your personal bots would have taken care of it immediately)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

That would be nice but it just says not compatible.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I want to disable my roboport when I enter a tank, otherwise the robots get out to repair from every tree I hit and end up getting left behind. Also if I engage any biters they tend to get blown up.

On the other hand when I enter my base I sometimes prefer to use my personal roboport over the one in the base. For example if I need to move a setup one tile I'll blueprint, deconstruct and reconstruct it. Using the base robots to do this is much slower.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

My new "switch" is dropping my construction bots in a logistic trash slot when I want to turn them off. Pulling all the roboports is a much bigger deal than it used to be because with the new research tiers, I'm actually using a personal solar panel setup for literally the first time ever, and I don't want to lose the roboport charge.

Obviously, this has its own issues... like, it doesn't work when you're in logistic range :( and it's really annoying if you forget you've done it and then walk back into logistic range :?

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Disable personal bots while moving

Post by Avezo »

How may times were you just running around huge patch of whatever meant to construct/deconstruct (mostly trees) and had your personal bots pop out, then left behind, run out of power and whatnot doing effectively nothing, because before they properly 'popped out' you were already out of range of whatt they went out for? Then they just take ages to get back to you. God forbid you took a train to the other side of the map meanehile. At least give them some cooldown or somethng, I don't know.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Disable personal bots while moving

Post by quyxkh »

If you (don't) want your roboports operating, pop them (out or) in. It's two clicks and a keystroke each way.

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

quyxkh wrote:If you (don't) want your roboports operating, pop them (out or) in. It's two clicks and a keystroke each way.
There was a time in the good old days when this was true.

Nowadays, there is a huge science gap between personal roboports and fusion reactor. I used personal solar panels for the first time in my 0.15 game for a while, and during that time, I can tell you I had no desire to disable roboports by removing them from my armor - only to have them take 10 minutes to fully recharge.

My new technique is dropping the bots into my logistic trash slots when I want them disabled (be careful not to forget about this when you walk back into logistic range lol). But c'mon, we really just need an enable hotkey.

whitecold
Inserter
Inserter

Post by whitecold »

In my opinion what we really need is to make personal roboports second priority after the static logistics network. My inventory should be the last resort, not the first one, only to have then a swarm of logistics bots fill up all the things again that I lost from the provider chests that should have been used in the first place, draining my limited power in the process, instead of the spare capacity of my nuclear reactor

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Whitecold: except you go to build something put down a quick blueprint and your base bots then need to fly for miles and miles. I know a lot of people who have the opposite opinion on construction, if I have the stuff on me and I'm right there then it should override the bots that are hundreds of tiles away even if they're in the air on their way

I like the hotkey option so long as you don't lose the ones that have run off early before you hit the button to the regular network that'd satisfy me.

Changing the priorities or changing how the bots launch I'm sure would upset more people than it helps but adding in a hot key that basically switches on or off your roboports without discharging them would let people keep using robots as they do now if they want and if they want better control they have the option to manually toggle.

But while we're talking about things bots need to do better if there's a distance override and bot A has just deconstructed something and is right next to where bot B is going to place an identical item but bot B is miles away bot A should override bot B and if bot A is trying to place an item on top of another item but can't cause the item is set for deconstruction it should be able to just swap the item on it's own and send bot B coming to deconstruct back to where it came from. This combination of doing stuff would allow you to move a whole setup by one tile (so long as there were no errant items) without having to send the entire system all the way to the storage chests at your base and bring them all the way back for the want of a few tiles

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/folk/folk-stopthat
dunno if that works well.

Besides that: I want to know at every moment how many bots of my PR are outside and about where they are.

Ingolifs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ingolifs »

I posted a similar idea here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46392

There are a couple of solutions I can think of to reduce annoying behaviour in robots.

-Disable personal robots when you are travelling faster than them
-A button that either disables the roboport or recalls all active robots and holds onto them for either a minute or until the player sets a new task (by placing ghosts or a blueprint)
-A delay before replacing parts that were destroyed due to damage. This would apply to all robots, not just personal ones. Too often robots go to replace, say, a mine or section of wall during an attack and themselves get damaged or destroyed, which summons other robots out to repair them who in turn get damaged or destroyed. This also happens when you accidentally light a part of your base on fire. The robots, being both more valuable and more fragile than the inserter you just incinerated, end up desperately repairing each other while cooking in the fire.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”