Vedrit's structures

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Vedrit's structures

Post by vedrit »

Hey all,
I've been getting back into Factorio pretty hard and thought I'd share some of the blueprints I usually go with.
Outpost
Red and green science
Power switch
Last edited by vedrit on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cruel-Viper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Vedrit's structures

Post by Cruel-Viper »

The power switch...Poor Nemo :lol:

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

I'll have to check when I get home, I'm pretty sure I somehow hooked the power switch straight to the accumulator without needing chest logic.

Also for the science, the ratio of science assemblers vs the components could be higher. If you look up my factory thread (where I made exactly the type of full production center) there were 2 for gears and one of everything else, driving 2 red and 2 green science.

lpw
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lpw »

If you don't want the accus to flicker on and off you need some sort of hysteresis function.

I personally like this one better, because it needs no power: viewtopic.php?f=208&t=29598

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

lpw wrote:If you don't want the accus to flicker on and off you need some sort of hysteresis function.

I personally like this one better, because it needs no power: viewtopic.php?f=208&t=29598
I forget what the gate is called, and it works for the purpose it was made. Hysteresis sounds a bit more complicated than necessary, though the set up is interesting.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

AutoMcD wrote:I'll have to check when I get home, I'm pretty sure I somehow hooked the power switch straight to the accumulator without needing chest logic.

Also for the science, the ratio of science assemblers vs the components could be higher. If you look up my factory thread (where I made exactly the type of full production center) there were 2 for gears and one of everything else, driving 2 red and 2 green science.
If you go straight from the accumulator to the switch, then you can run into the situation where the engines are constantly flicking on and off, because the engines charge the accumulator high enough that the switch opens, then it drains and the switch closes.

As for the assemblers, when I get assemblers 3's, I only upgrade certain assemblers, so component:end product times are closer. If there were a better, self-contained set up, I'd honestly really like to see it. I don't like hubs, where one thing is made, and every thing it needs is made in a different hub and transported to it.

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

I see how that can happen. I guess it hasn't been an issue because my steam backup is not enough to recharge the accumulators. Or I didn't notice/care. :lol:

The transport belt solution is pretty nice. :)

hansinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansinator »

vedrit wrote: If you go straight from the accumulator to the switch, then you can run into the situation where the engines are constantly flicking on and off, because the engines charge the accumulator high enough that the switch opens, then it drains and the switch closes.
The solution comes in 2 combinators. viewtopic.php?f=193&t=32432

Return to “Show your Creations”