Dense Belts and pipes production

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Cruel-Viper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Dense Belts and pipes production

Post by Cruel-Viper »

While I'm working on the "Lazy Bastard" achievement from steam.
"Win the game by crafting no more than 111 items manually."

I needed to create a spot where I can pick up belts and pipes.
Because I kept running back and forth to various places of the base to steal belts or pipes from the production line.
But this took way to much time due to travelling, stalled production because I stole some from the belt, picking up unnecessary stuff, and always small quantities.

So I decided to build a dense central point where to pick up my belts and pipes. (dense was necessary due to lack of space)
And this is the result of that tinkering (made in the same game I'm going for that achievement).

Now I got all belts (except for the blue belts) and pipes right next each other.

It's 16x14 tiles big.
- 9x T2 Factories.
- 77x Belts
- 23x arms
- 6x long arms
- 4x small electric pole
- 6x Medium Electric pole
- 7x wooden crates
- 2x light-bulbs
- 4x splitters.
The 3th splitter of the iron supply is optional for expansions.

Here is blueprint string if you like to use it.
blueprint
Like to hear your feedback, I'm quite proud of this build I made up. 8-)
Made in Factorio v0.13.20

-Update- 16-10-2016: Minor changes to the set-up, thank you Mehve for the inspiration.
True Factorio spirit, there is always room for improvement. :D

I still prefer to the crates outside of the actual set-up, because my build style is what I call "building blocks".
Meaning I build this, and around it I place roads for easy travel around my factory. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Cruel-Viper on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zonk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Dense Belts and pipes production

Post by Zonk »

Nice :D

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Thank you for the post--and especially for the blueprint!

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

Good job! I love condensed, neat little modules like this, and you have done a great design with neat output. Kudos :-)

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Handy but there are a few points I'd raise:

The brick pathway isn't everyone's cup of tea, I removed those from the blueprint I stored.
The blueprint string is missing the outermost belt carrying iron plates on the left.
I replaced the small poles with mediums, a lot of folk like me replace all smalls once we have steel and never keep stocks.
A version with the boxes as passive providers would be handy (Once you have robots to build blueprints you generally have the logistics too).

Cruel-Viper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cruel-Viper »

Ratzap wrote: The brick pathway isn't everyone's cup of tea, I removed those from the blueprint I stored.
The blueprint string is missing the outermost belt carrying iron plates on the left.
I replaced the small poles with mediums, a lot of folk like me replace all smalls once we have steel and never keep stocks.
A version with the boxes as passive providers would be handy (Once you have robots to build blueprints you generally have the logistics too).
1. Was the first time I triend the Blueprint mod, I'll keep it in mind for the next time. But in Factorio spirit, you can always adjust it to your taste ;)
2. Ah I was messing with 2 version, got the wrong 1 saved :oops: oops.
3. I used the small poles: because if I only need to power just 1 arm...why replace it with a more expensive pole?
The small ones are still useful, and don't wana spend so much steel in just replacing poles that still do their job (And you need to dump those small poles somewhere).
4 Made in the Lazy bastard map. Just researched and made 1 blueprint to share it, drones were not yet on my list (damn biters kept attacking my base, and I'm not allowed to create anything by hand).

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

If space is really an issue, you can make it one shorter. You can also eliminate a couple UG sections, although you get +1 to irony for eliminating them on a setup that makes them :)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

And splitters? :p

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Cruel-Viper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cruel-Viper »

steinio wrote:And splitters? :P
I made my Dense Splitters on a different topic, you can find it here. ;)

Mehve wrote:If space is really an issue, you can make it one shorter. You can also eliminate a couple UG sections, although you get +1 to irony for eliminating them on a setup that makes them :)
Thank you! :D I used your changes to improve mine a bit, though I still wana keep the crates outside the setup in my personal build style :geek:

I also adjusted the blueprint, so it doesn't have any brick roads in it.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

This looks nice for a mid game production line.

Return to “Show your Creations”