mod presets/lists

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ostrei
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

mod presets/lists

Post by Ostrei »

It would be great to have presets (lists of mods that should be enabled with one click + disables all other) because if you have 2 maps you play on with different mod sets it is very annyoing to always go through every mod, toggle the correct ones and to find that one mod that you forgot. This gets especially annoying if you have 5dim or bob mods because there are so many single ones to toggle.

For realization i have already looked into the factorio API and have not found anything that lets you change the (mods-) menu.

TL;DR: On click on a defined list -> all the mods in the list active, everything else deactivated.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: mod presets/lists

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=27805 Suggestion around Game-Internal Mods-Handling/Mods-Management

See also
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27741 Mod Presets
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28229 Mod Manager - Profiles or Groups?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24939 Mod management
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FreakUK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: mod presets/lists

Post by FreakUK »

Ostrei wrote:It would be great to have presets (lists of mods that should be enabled with one click + disables all other) because if you have 2 maps you play on with different mod sets it is very annyoing to always go through every mod ...snip...
This is kind of doable now, using the --mod-directory argument in the launch shortcut.

I (currently) have 7 factorio shortcuts on my desktop, all linked to different mod folders (bobs, angels, yuoki, dytech, vanilla+, etc etc) - That way, I just click the relevant shortcut to load the game with ONLY the mods I want for that specific map.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”