[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by bobingabout »

The two GUIs there are from 2 different mods, there's a simple pre-place menu for the logistics mod, and the full blown GUI for the inserters mod.

I suppose it might be possible to have the inserters mod take control of the other GUI in the logistics mod, but it isn't designed to work that way.

Also, the inserters GUI is non-rotatable.

I'll look into it, it isn't a bad idea, but might have a fair bit of re-writing involved. So no promises.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

Sorry if this question asked before. But is it possible to make logistic network transmitter or other item to have option to transmit data from Circuit network to logistic network. Could be usefull if someone needs to transmit general data, from local circuit network to global logistic.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

you want an input from somewhere into an roboport/interface and get it out somewhere else out of an different roboport? I don't think that is supported by the game. how ever there are mods that add wireless transmitter. for instancehttps://mods.factorio.com/mods/GotLag/W ... 20Networks.

self-same-spot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by self-same-spot »

Last edited by self-same-spot on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

self-same-spot wrote:inserter-button in the top left corner of the screen appears cropped and without any padding. Different UI scale in the settings and enabling/disabling other mods have no effect on this, the button is misplaced even in a new game with only boblibrary+boblogistics enabled.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/pVNwIbe.jpg (can also be seen in this video, although the mod version seems to be different) (or here, no padding and a third is cropped)

boblibrary_0.14.2
boblogistics_0.14.3
Factorio 0.14.14 (x64), 1920x1080
I am aware of the issue, I just haven't looked at fixing it yet because I'm not that active with modding.

I did a GUI change relatively recently, and since I was limited on time, I decided getting something that works was a little more important than a... "Minor placement issue".

I agree that it is annoying and requires fixing, I just haven't found the time to fix it yet. I actually spend most of the free time I had over the weekend fixing other bugs, but haven't released any yet.
I also have a Patreon.

self-same-spot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by self-same-spot »

Last edited by self-same-spot on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

self-same-spot wrote:No problem, I'm sorry if my bug report appeared too complainy/fussy, I could have figured out that you are already aware of this minor bug. I think it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the whole community is grateful to you for any amount of free time that you dedicate to supporting this mod.
Oh no, it's fine, I'm not complaining at all, just explaining why I haven't done it yet. All bug reports are appreciated.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Hey look, a new feature.

Inserters 0.14.2:
* Rewrote the on_tick function (again) to hopefully solve a crash on dedicated servers.
* Added in function calls to allow other mods to draw the GUI. Aimed for my Logistics mod.

Logistics 0.14.5:
* Added calls to Inserters functions to incorporate the GUI into the mini GUI if inserters mod is installed.

The functionality of the inserters pre-place mini GUI has also changed slightly so that options are only shown if that mode is enabled.
Also worth noting... rotation does matter, look at the picture of the base in the middle of the buttons of the inserters GUI, that is the location of the hands only when the base faces that way. when the base rotates, so do the positions. GUI always shows where the positions will be relative to the direction the base is facing in the GUI.
I also have a Patreon.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

I just wanted to pop on and gush a little. I love what you've done with inserters; truly great modding. I hope your interest in the game never wanes!

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

On the front page, you mention that more viscous liquids should be pushed through wider pipes like stone where other liquids go through thinner pipes like copper. But how do we know the viscosity of a liquid? There are a lot of liquids in the mod. I'm not sure how to tell what pipe is best, or even why. Throughput tests show that for water, at least, copper fills a tank faster than stone. And that's from filling many thousands of units in a test. Still... why? Is there a FAQ or general info wiki that explains these kinds of things?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Most of the thinner liquids have actually had their stats tweaked due to "unstable simulation" conditions, however, the ones that you would have classed as a Gas HAD faster flow. Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Chlorine, Hydrogen Chloride and Sulfur Dioxide. Possibly more, but I think it's just those 5.

The more viscous ones are basically Crude oil, Heavy oil and Tungstic Acid.

There were listed somewhere, but the list was probably removed due to the changes.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

So is it actually advantageous to use the 20-unit pipes for viscous liquids? What happens if you use the 5 unit pipes like copper for those? Trying to understand if/why those wider pipes are even necessary.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Actually, I think you have it backwards, use thinner pipes for thicker liquids.

Thinner pipes make things flow faster, thicker pipes makes things flow slower. This is caused because a larger container takes longer to fill, the amount that leaves per second is based on the percentage of how full it it, longer to fill means slower to drain, so larger pipes slow down the flow, where smaller pipes speed it up.

And using those thin pipes for anything other than thick liquids causes the "Unstable simulation" state, where fluids ripple back and forth along the pipe at insane speeds, the reason why lighter/thinner/faster flowing fluids were changed to water defaults, because they did that in normal pipes too.

It's one reason why I want to remove the thinner pipes, though I still want to keep the items for ingredients, so you'd expect to be able to place them... so I'm leaning towards changing all pipes to be the same size, just different coloured with different health.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Wow!! Man, I read that description in the OP of this thread like five times and I could have sworn that it was narrow pipes for thinner liquids for... reasons. Which didn't make sense, really hence my question.

It makes sense now. The thicker liquids flow slower naturally, making thinner pipes necessary and the unstable situation you mention I think I actually saw that happen with water in the copper pipe in my test.

Regarding these pipes of yours, I wonder if maybe you could find a better use for the variety... Is it possible to make it so that pipes of different types simply do not connect with one another? This would be very useful in situations where you want to run pipes full of different liquids adjacent to one another without having to resort to underground pipes or spacing them apart so that they don't touch. THAT would be extremely useful.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

unfortunately, since they just use default pipe behaviour.... no. the only way to do such a thing is with specifically shaped pipes, which I'd rather not do.
I also have a Patreon.

GreatAlucard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GreatAlucard »

Currently, on the last version of the mod, I cannot see most pipes on the production tab.

I can make copper, iron and steel pipes, nothing more (endgame pipes may be behind some technologies still but that is besides the point).

To make an electrolyser for example I need stone pipes, If I stop production before said building is done I get the pipes in my inventory but there is no way to actually build them.

Were the other pipes removed or is my game bugged for some reason?

If it is bugged, is there anything I can do to fix it mid game?

I'm using mostly an updated version of the mod pack Arumba uses, which is mostly this modpack, angel's mods and a few other helper mods. (In case it might be a conflict)

Thanks in advance.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Sounds like your modpack has zgroupchange. Which does a lot more then change groups.

GreatAlucard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GreatAlucard »

It does.

I do like how organized things are but if it is the cause then it's getting disabled (Unless there's a workaround, I'd be grateful if anyone has one).

Thank you for the input on zgroup :).

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

There are some config options, but out of the box a mod shouldn't do the things it does.

i.e completely hides the electronic assembly machines, changes various recipes etc.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Z group does some things. also there are some balance changes in there. You can build anything if you use the search function.

Return to “Bob's mods”